tModLoader The Amulet Of Many Minions: Combat Pets!

With the new Combat Pets, it looks like they aren't counted for the minion variety bonus. So if I have one normal minion and a combat pet, then there is no bonus.

Hey, not sure if this is known or not but attempting to reforge a squire item causes a freeze that effectively crashes the game. Can post modlist upon request if it's a conflict issue and not base.

Hey, not sure if this is known or not but attempting to reforge a squire item causes a freeze that effectively crashes the game. Can post modlist upon request if it's a conflict issue and not base.
I just tested with this mod alone and the issue does not seem to be present in either 1.3 or 1.4. It may be a mod compatibility issue or could also be due to the mod browser version of the mod being outdated compared to the 1.4 alpha. If you could post your client.log (either here or in the mod's discord), that will help me debug further. Thanks.

Seeing all the boss mini-combat pets and the super-ent kinda got me thinking; is there any possibility of some bosses becoming summonable as well? Like, the full-size Eye of Cthulhu or Plantera?

The idea of being able to have a unique boss summon that cost multiple minion slots was a project I had a while back, I thought the idea of a pet boss that upgraded as you killed other bosses so it'd be viable all game would be super cool. Unfortunately, I am apparently very bad at Terraria modding and only managed a half-finished Eye with a broken sprite and glitchy AI lol.

Seeing all the boss mini-combat pets and the super-ent kinda got me thinking; is there any possibility of some bosses becoming summonable as well? Like, the full-size Eye of Cthulhu or Plantera?
This is definitely a cool idea. The super-ent is by far the most elaborate item in the mod though, and I'm not planning on making any more "big" single minions like that for the time being.

Also, v0.14 is live (in the 1.4 beta)! It adds a collection of easy-to-obtain Combat Pets called the Elemental Pals, and a number of accessories to boost Combat Pets further. This should hopefully make Combat Pets semi-viable as a full subclass, rather than just a single extra minion in a regular playthrough.

Edit: The update is now backported to 1.3 as well.

Code:
v0.14.0 - Combat Pets: Part 2
    - Add the Elemental Pals, a group of 8 consistently obtainable combat pets
      - Obtained via Bows of Friendship found in wooden + shadow chests
      - One random Elemental Pal given per bow
      - Bows can be crafted renewably post-Plantera with Solar Tablet Fragments
    - Add a series of accessories to enhance Combat Pet Stats
      - Stylish Teamwork Bow: increases max Combat Pet slots by 1
        - Obtained after second use of a Bow of Friendship
      - Chaotic Chew Toy: Increases Combat Pet movement speed
        - Crafted from evil boss drops
    - More sprite updates from SkyanUltra and Frogpage
    - Slightly Buff Pre-Skeletron Combat Pet Tiers
    - Combat Pets now count for Minion Variety Bonus
    - Nerf Damage Bonuses from Hardmode Squire Armors
    - Fix number of bugs related to 1.4 port
      - Titanium and Granite (Hallowed) Squire Armors now give correct 1.4 buff
      - Minions that dealt a multiple of the listed damage now correctly deal that multiple
        - Buffs Tumblesheep, Squire Specials
        - Nerfs Rat Staff, Optic Staff

The Elemental Pals:
elemental_pals.gif

Last edited:
Why can't I download Amulet in tmodloader browser (keeps on glitching out)? and when I downloaded it directly, it says its not built for that specific version

Why can't I download Amulet in tmodloader browser (keeps on glitching out)? and when I downloaded it directly, it says its not built for that specific version
Are you on 1.3 or 1.4? The direct download link on the forum is for 1.3.

suggestion
backport the mastermode pets
make them either craftable, but at a hefty cost or sold by the traveling merchant
Backporting content from 1.4 to 1.3 is disallowed per tModLoader's rules

Are you on 1.3 or 1.4? The direct download link on the forum is for 1.3.

Backporting content from 1.4 to 1.3 is disallowed per tModLoader's rules
im on 1.4 but I think the problem is on my side since it had no problem on my other computer. Is there a direct download link for tmodloader 1.4? or is it only through mod browser that the mod is downloadable

edit: nvm its fixed just need to uninstall, thanks.

Last edited:
I love the idea of this mod but it sounds like the improvements to summon weapons and pets only apply to vanilla and this mod, so it makes playing any content mod like Thorium not worth it at the same time if you want summoner because the modded weapons and pets won't have the benefits of this mod and be inferior to use.

hey i have a question, i didnt really like combat pets because they take up a minion slot and i deleted the bow for it and its STILL there. even when i leave and rejoin. i wanna get rid of it because i have a summon thats better thatn it, someone help?

Found a bug with this mod: If you have another mod that adds a minion Advanced Targeting Feature, for example the "Summoner's Association" mod, then it causes the game to crash when you try to load into your world due to the conflicting changes.

I found a temporary solution by going into Summoner's Association mod config and enabling the "Disable Advanced Targeting Feature" option so they no longer both try to change the same thing, but it's only a work around and a fix would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: Also, later I found something up with the AoMM's version of summons. For some reason, it can't spawn any more than 15 minions and refuses to go farther even when more empty slots are available. Yet the original vanilla version doesn't have a limit and works as it should. Is this intended?

Last edited:
After many months of minimal activity, Amulet of Many Minions has an update! v0.16.1 adds a cross-mod API that allows other mods to add Combat Pet versions of their pets! Direwolf420 has already added combat pet support to Assorted Crazy Things, in addition to finding countless bugs in the API for me to fix. Be sure to check that mod out alongside this one. Minimum working examples of each API feature can be found in the Amulet of Many Minions Cross-Mod Sample Mod, and more complex examples can be found in Assorted Crazy Things' Github.

i am currently having a problem with the mod where i try to spawn in a minion the icon for it pops under my hotbar but immediately disappears. this started yesterday but before that i was enjoying playing with the new pets and acorn staff but now it wont spawn any minions just a squire and my bow of friendship pet

i am currently having a problem with the mod where i try to spawn in a minion the icon for it pops under my hotbar but immediately disappears. this started yesterday but before that i was enjoying playing with the new pets and acorn staff but now it wont spawn any minions just a squire and my bow of friendship pet
Combat Pets take up a minion slot and take priority over minions when despawning, you'll need to manually despawn the combat pet to be able to summon a minion if you only have a single minion slot.

love this mod, totally, have you thought about creating "quality of life" minions? such as an enchanted pickaxe that mines automatically or only when the player does so or some unarmed squires, to whom you can give other weapons

Back
Top Bottom