• For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
  • 1.4 will bring many changes to the PC version. We strongly advise making plans to back up your worlds and players prior to updating your game. More details here.
  • Begin your search for Journey's End information here and here. Please report bugs and issues for Journey's End here.
  • For issues you find with the Mobile 1.3 update, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to DR Studios to look at your issue. Also, some troubleshooting hints here.

tModLoader The Amulet Of Many Minions

billybobmcbo

Terrarian
The Amulet Of Many Minions is a small content mod that focuses on, you guessed it, adding many minions!

icon.png

V0.1 is out on tModLoader now! Direct Download Link
Terraria Mods Wiki Link. Currently up to date with all mod content.

The mod aims to add fun and variety to the Summoner progression while remaining true to the vanilla power curve. I've got 6 pre-hardmode and 9 hardmode summons so far, then an early game armor set and 2 early hardmode accessories to smooth over some rough spots in the vanilla progression. Then the Amulet of Many Minions itself, of course, which is more there for the mod to have a namesake than for anything else. I plan to keep adding minions and accessories over time with no particular goal towards an end product.

Not currently tested for multiplayer! Will probably not work very well there.

All the minions I've added so far can be found on the wiki, but I'll post a few highlights.

Balloon Buddy
An early game worm-type minion. Gets more segments the more times you cast it, like the Stardust Dragon. Based on a balloon animal. Has several powered-up reskins.
foo3.gif

Meteor Fist
Mid Pre-hardmode. Summons a single meteor core with a group of fists orbiting it. More summons = more fists. The fists should all "take turns" attacking to emulate actual punching. Has a powered up reskin.
foo4.gif

Goblin Gunner
Early Hardmode Drill Containment Unit inspired minion. More summons = more bullets!
foo15.gif

Flying Sword
Mid-Hardmode Terraprisma-inspired weapon.
foo8.gif

Eclipse Herald
Endgame summon that shoots eclipse projectiles that chase enemies endlessly through walls. More summons = bigger eclipses. Kinda overpowered and not particularly innovative, but fun nonetheless.
foo7.gif

Predictable Positioning
I'm a huge fan of the Sanguine Staff from 1.4, so all the minions I've added try to roughly emulate that behavior. If they have line of sight to an enemy, they'll fly out and attack it, otherwise they'll pass through walls to return to a fixed position above/behind the player.
foo5.gif

Enhanced Targeting
For the new staves I've added, right clicking in the air will create a secondary minion target in the clicked location. This target will allow minions to "see around corners" and hit those hard to reach enemies. Currently only supported for the minions I've added.
corner.gif

flower_armor.png
Forager's Armor
Made from herbs and wood. Give +1 minions. Should give a bit of a leg up against the EoC, EoW, and Queen Bee.​
CharmOfManyMinions.png
|
CharmOfMightyMinions.png
Charm of Many Minions | Charm of Mighty Minions
Early hardmode accessories that give an extra minion slot in exchanged for reduced minion damage, and vice versa. Crafted from shards of light/dark and souls of light/night. Trying to keep in line with the straight "+1 Minion" accessory being post-Plantera.​
AmuletOfManyMinions.png
The Amulet of Many Minions
Mostly just added for the mod to have a namesake/theme, gives +2 minions and +25% damage. I'll probably rework it to be more unique at some point. Crafted from the Charms of Many/Mighty Minions, and several of the summon items.​

Last edited:

direwolf420

Terrarian
Finally something with interesting mechanics for summoners (Enhanced Targeting)!

Just curious, have you tested how your minions behave with the Minion Control Rod from Summoner's Association?

A mod that gives summoner an interesting mechanic? Sign me up!!

just wondering if you’re planing to add in unique attack pattern/AI for sentries as well

great mod btw keep up the good work :D

billybobmcbo

Terrarian
just wondering if you’re planing to add in unique attack pattern/AI for sentries as well
Thanks! Yeah, I definitely plan on adding some sentries in too. I had an idea for a sentry that would span a collection of mini-minions based on your max minion slots, and then all the mini-minions would teleport to wherever you moved the sentry when you moved it. I haven't been able to get the implementation of that right so far, but it's definitely something I'll revisit.

oskar1111

Terrarian
hey, i seen you posting on t mod loader discord about this mod, amazing job my man<3,meteor and crystal fistminions remind me of jojo

Last edited:

billybobmcbo

Terrarian
hey, i seen you posting on t mod loader discord about this mod, amazing job my man<3,meteor and crystal fistminions remind me of jojo
Thanks! The fist minions are definitely inspired by jojos, haha. I want to make more "synchronized projectile" type minions but they're hard to come up with.

oskar1111

Terrarian
Thanks! The fist minions are definitely inspired by jojos, haha. I want to make more "synchronized projectile" type minions but they're hard to come up with.
nice job anyays, btw i have 2 questions
1. will you be updating this mod with new items
2. will you make any more mods? if yes i wil gladly play them

billybobmcbo

Terrarian
1. will you be updating this mod with new items
Yeah I'm definitely gonna continue updating this mod. Up next I want to work on sentries and some other non-Minion summon weapons, like the Rod of Flocking from Thorium.

2. will you make any more mods? if yes i wil gladly play them
If I ever stray significantly far away from Summoner content I'll probably put it in a separate mod, but for now I'm gonna append to this one.

SkyanUltra

Terrarian
This is awesome! I'd love to see the enhanced targeting be ported over to the other summoner weapons and a github page would be nice, too.

EDIT: Also, if possible i'm willing to help with spriting and re-spriting if needed!

billybobmcbo

Terrarian
Also, if possible i'm willing to help with spriting and re-spriting if needed!
Thanks! Spriting help would be appreciated. If you've got a particular item you've got an idea for a resprite of, I'll gladly replace the existing sprite with it. I'm just starting to resume development, so it'll be a while before any new items are ready to be sprited.

Top Bottom