tModLoader The Amulet Of Many Minions: Combat Pets!

billybobmcbo

Terrarian
The Amulet Of Many Minions is a medium sized content mod that focuses on, you guessed it, adding many minions!
icon.png

FishSquire.gif
V0.16.1 "Cross-Mod API" is out on tModLoader now!
Direct Download Link GoldenRogueSquire.gif
Discord: Join the The Amulet of Many Minions Discord Server!
Terraria Mods Wiki Link. (Fully up to date!)

Excellent Video overview of the mod by Ryuusei:
SoulfulCombatPetEmblem.png
V0.16.1 adds a cross-mod API that allows other mods to create Combat Pets! Check out the cross-mod sample if you would like to add combat pet support to your mod!
SpectreCombatPetEmblem.png

This mod aims to add fun and variety to the Summoner progression while remaining at least somewhat true to the vanilla power curve. It currently adds over 25 new minions, an updated AI variant for every vanilla minion, and a new Summoner weapon type/whip replacement called the Squire with 20 variants. The mod is fully multiplayer compatible.

Programming by me, direwolf420, and Metall; Sprites and playtesting by SkyanUltra and frogpage; content designed by me, SkyanUltra and SPATULA LEMMY

Info about every minion can be found on the wiki
Collect 'em all!
With over 25 new minions, you'll be able to assemble a varied team of fighters at every stage of Vanilla progression!
idling.gif

Vanilla Variants
An AoMM variant for every vanilla summon weapon can be crafted from its respective vanilla staff at a demon altar. These variants can make use of the advanced AI options added by the mod, and have some additional surprises in store as well!
deadlyspheres.gif

Info about every squire can be found on the wiki. They're intended to act as a replacement for whips, providing a mid-range targeted source of damage to summoners.
viking.gif

Each Squire also has a powerful special attack, activated by right click.
constellation.gif
More info about combat pets can be found on the wiki.
Combat pets are a special sublcass of minion crafted from any vanilla pet item at a demon altar. Unlike regular minions, which have a fixed set of stats, Combat Pets can be powered up throughout the progression using a special class of item known as Combat Pet Emblems.
estee.gif
Enhanced Targeting
The mod adds a new class of tool called a "Minion Guidance Rod". Clicking in the air with a tool of this class will place a target for your minions to travel to. Minions from this mod will be able to automatically navigate around most terrain to reach the target!
pathfinding.gif

Advanced Tactics
V0.7.0 adds the minion tactics menu, which allows you to select one of 8 different AI styles for your minions! (minions from this mod only) Each tactic sets a different criterion for how minions prioritize targets while in combat. In the clip below, the player switches between "Attack the strongest enemy" and "attack the closest enemy", causing the Void Knife to toggle between the Medusa and the Harpy.
tactics_ui.gif

Predictable Positioning
I'm a huge fan of the Sanguine Staff from 1.4, so all the minions in the mod roughly emulate that behavior. If they have line of sight to an enemy, they'll fly out and attack it, otherwise they'll pass through walls to return to a fixed position above/behind the player.
RoyalArmor.png
Royal Armor
Two-piece armor set dropped by the king slime. Slightly increases squire travel range and damage, and summons a crown minion that attacks alongside your squire!​
AridArmor.png
Arid Armor
Crafted from Antlion Mandibles, Ancient Cloth, and Sturdy Fossils. Increases squire travel range and damage by more than the slime armor, and summons a mini-Angry Tumbler minion that attacks alongside your squire!​
SquireSkullAccessory.png
Necro Pendant
Grants your squires a debuff-on-hit, and summons a cute skull to circle your squire! Also has a hardmode tinker with the Avenger Emblem​

Mildew_armor_(AmuletOfManyMinions).png
Mildew Armor
Made from herbs, mushrooms and wood. Gives +1 minions and +1 minion damage. Should give a bit of a leg up against the EoC, EoW, and Queen Bee.​
Illusionist Armor.png
Illusionist Armor
Made from Bones and Shadow Scales/Tissue Samples. Offers higher defense and an extra minion slot over Bee armor, at the cost of a lower minion damage bonus.
CharmOfManyMinions.png
|
CharmOfMightyMinions.png
Charm of Many Minions | Charm of Mighty Minions
Early hardmode accessories that give an extra minion slot in exchanged for reduced minion damage, and vice versa. Crafted from shards of light/dark and souls of light/night. Trying to keep in line with the straight "+1 Minion" accessory being post-Plantera.​
AmuletOfManyMinions.png
The Amulet of Many Minions
Mostly just added for the mod to have a namesake/theme, gives +2 minions and +25% damage. I'll probably rework it to be more unique at some point. Crafted from the Charms of Many/Mighty Minions, and several of the summon items.​

Last edited:
Finally something with interesting mechanics for summoners (Enhanced Targeting)!

Just curious, have you tested how your minions behave with the Minion Control Rod from Summoner's Association?

A mod that gives summoner an interesting mechanic? Sign me up!!

just wondering if you’re planing to add in unique attack pattern/AI for sentries as well

great mod btw keep up the good work :D

just wondering if you’re planing to add in unique attack pattern/AI for sentries as well

Thanks! Yeah, I definitely plan on adding some sentries in too. I had an idea for a sentry that would span a collection of mini-minions based on your max minion slots, and then all the mini-minions would teleport to wherever you moved the sentry when you moved it. I haven't been able to get the implementation of that right so far, but it's definitely something I'll revisit.

hey, i seen you posting on t mod loader discord about this mod, amazing job my man<3,meteor and crystal fistminions remind me of jojo

Last edited:
hey, i seen you posting on t mod loader discord about this mod, amazing job my man<3,meteor and crystal fistminions remind me of jojo

Thanks! The fist minions are definitely inspired by jojos, haha. I want to make more "synchronized projectile" type minions but they're hard to come up with.

Thanks! The fist minions are definitely inspired by jojos, haha. I want to make more "synchronized projectile" type minions but they're hard to come up with.
nice job anyays, btw i have 2 questions
1. will you be updating this mod with new items
2. will you make any more mods? if yes i wil gladly play them

1. will you be updating this mod with new items

Yeah I'm definitely gonna continue updating this mod. Up next I want to work on sentries and some other non-Minion summon weapons, like the Rod of Flocking from Thorium.

2. will you make any more mods? if yes i wil gladly play them

If I ever stray significantly far away from Summoner content I'll probably put it in a separate mod, but for now I'm gonna append to this one.

This is awesome! I'd love to see the enhanced targeting be ported over to the other summoner weapons and a github page would be nice, too.

EDIT: Also, if possible i'm willing to help with spriting and re-spriting if needed!

Also, if possible i'm willing to help with spriting and re-spriting if needed!

Thanks! Spriting help would be appreciated. If you've got a particular item you've got an idea for a resprite of, I'll gladly replace the existing sprite with it. I'm just starting to resume development, so it'll be a while before any new items are ready to be sprited.

Version 0.2 is out now! It introduces a new minion subtype called Squires, which are directly controlled by the player and attack towards the mouse. They're generally themed after actual medieval squires, so they'll fly up close to the cursor position, then stab at it repeatedly with a sword or spear. I've updated the original post with more info.

I recomend this mod so much! This is beautiful and very, very useful!
I think some summoners needs a nerf to be balanced with the terraria vanilla.
But, congrats bro

Oh yes, finally a GOOD summoner-specific mod! There isn't enough good Summoner content in Terraria.

You get extra points from me by reusing edited vanilla assets but in such a way that its not really noticeable because the gameplay goes above and beyond the norm. Kudos! I hope you continue to make more great content like this!

PS: "local immunity frames" you have saved many DPS points this day.

EDIT: This is just my opinion, but I always like to make item upgrades crafted from their weaker counterparts:

IE: Starsurfers can be crafted from paper airplane surfers, and Crystal Fist can be crafted from Meteor Fist

I recomend this mod so much! This is beautiful and very, very useful!
I think some summoners needs a nerf to be balanced with the terraria vanilla.
But, congrats bro

I think a lot of the imbalance comes from the fact that I switched from global to local iframes between in the first update without tuning down the minions' DPS accordingly. Are there any that stand out as particularly overpowered?

EDIT: This is just my opinion, but I always like to make item upgrades crafted from their weaker counterparts:

IE: Starsurfers can be crafted from paper airplane surfers, and Crystal Fist can be crafted from Meteor Fist

I'm glad you like it! I definitely thought about doing this, but decided not to for no reason in particular. I'll definitely consider doing this for "upgrade lines" that I add in the future though.

I love the new squires! It's a very cool concept for an alternate summon option! I have a few questions, though:

1. Do you have, or have planned on making a discord for the mod? If not, can I help with any respriting? I've been interested in this mod for a while now and I could help, if needed!
2. Do you plan on adding any content for Sentries? And if so, do you think you'll be working on any other armor sets based around some of these classes of items in the future?

I love the new squires! It's a very cool concept for an alternate summon option! I have a few questions, though:

1. Do you have, or have planned on making a discord for the mod? If not, can I help with any respriting? I've been interested in this mod for a while now and I could help, if needed!
2. Do you plan on adding any content for Sentries? And if so, do you think you'll be working on any other armor sets based around some of these classes of items in the future?

Don't have a discord yet, but I just made one! I'd definitely appreciate spriting help. My current "roadmap" is to add a new line of accessories and a bit of post-Moon Lord content in this next update, then sentries in the one after that. I've been avoiding making armor because it's too difficult to sprite, but if you've got an idea for a set and can sprite it I can add it in.

The discord: Join the The Amulet of Many Minions Discord Server!

Last edited:
Don't have a discord yet, but I just made one! I'd definitely appreciate spriting help. My current "roadmap" is to add a new line of accessories and a bit of post-Moon Lord content in this next update, then sentries in the one after that. I've been avoiding making armor because it's too difficult to sprite, but if you've got an idea for a set and can sprite it I can add it in.

The discord: Join the The Amulet of Many Minions Discord Server!
can you give a orking invite? i have fe ideas ;)

Back
Top Bottom