tModLoader The Amulet Of Many Minions: Combat Pets!

Every time I’ve killed king slime (along with the treasure bag) I have gotten a royal crown, 11 times! And there is a wiki dude.

Whoops, that's my bad. It always drops the crown first and only drops the gown if you have the crown in your inventory. If you put the crown away or sell it or anything it'll never drop the gown. Huge oversight on my part. I've got a collection of tweaks and bugfixes that I need to do, I'll have that out in a week or so.

Whoops, that's my bad. It always drops the crown first and only drops the gown if you have the crown in your inventory. If you put the crown away or sell it or anything it'll never drop the gown. Huge oversight on my part. I've got a collection of tweaks and bugfixes that I need to do, I'll have that out in a week or so.
I fought the king slimes in groups of 2-3 and trashed any repeats. And you tell me that I had to have it in my inventory. *sighs*

V0.4.0.1 is live! This small update contains a few bugfixes and tweaks:
  • (Most notably) royal armor is now craftable: Gel + Gold/Platinum Bars + Rubies at a Solidifier
    • Thanks to SkyanUltra and direwolf420 for helping me resolve this quickly, it turned out to be not as straightforward as one would hope
  • Squires bounce around the mouse less when coming to a stop
  • Most direct contact squires have had their damage and/or attack speed slightly buffed
  • All drop rates are properly increased by 33% in expert mode
  • Boss drops properly spawn from boss bags in expert mode
  • Squire travel range now increases the projectile velocity of projectiles shot by ranged squires

Last edited:
yay, the only problem is the damage of the ancient cobalt squire. That is my only complaint, it has the same damage as my friendship bracelet. Which is godly.

V0.5.0 is here! This smaller-ish update adds a new, grounded minion AI style with a few variants. The AI should hopefully perform a bit better than vanilla, attacking enemies farther off the ground and sticking closer to the player when not attacking an enemy.

I made an account just to thank you for this.
For as long as Calamity has had that "Minions do less damage if you're not holding a summoner weapon" thing, I've been looking for something that implements any kind of active summoner weapons effectively. And this is it, Squires, everything I wanted.
I never really realized just how uninteresting vanilla summoning was without something like this, it really ties together the idea of a strictly summon-only playthrough!

I hope to see this expanded further in time, with Squire variety rivaling that of the other classes. Thank you so much~

Also I agree with Noahblast20, the Cobalt Squire feels extremely underpowered. I feel it should either fire rapidly sort of like a minishark, or fire slowly but hit like a truck.

On that note, would you consider including the source for users like me to tweak things how they desire? I don't expect everyone to be happy with how some things are implemented, but I figure that's not a problem when mods include their source for easy tweaking.
I also really really really don't want to see work on this vanish in a future where the only thing we have to look forwards to is more mods. So, also for the sake of ensuring that this never becomes a mod that falls out of use due to the balance of other popular mods making it irrelevant, would you be willing to include the source?

Either way, thanks again!

Last edited:
V0.6.0(.1) is here! This update focuses largely on quality of life updates, including lots of polish to squires by Metall and proper idle positioning when using multiple minions at once. It also adds a new player stat called the Minion Variety Bonus, which increases summon damage based on the unique number of minions controlled! It also adds 5 new minions, mostly with more unique variants on the previous update's ground-based AI.

technomancer.gif

Last edited:
V0.7.0 is here!
New Content:
- The Minion Tactics Menu! Fine tune your minions' AI by choosing how they prioritize targets!
- UI by direwolf420
- Select between 8 prioritization criteria.
- Unlocked on a character as soon as they pick up a summoner weapon from the mod
- Only works with minions from this mod.
- Check the hotkeys and mod config settings for a few additional options
Changes:
- Updated sprites for several minions and items by SkyanUltra
- The squire scope now only requires a rifle scope, instead of a sniper scope
- The squire scope now gives a larger range bonus, but no longer increases squire damage
Bugfixes:
- Fix visual bug where several grounded minions would hover a few pixels off the ground
- Fix bug where vampire slime would travel at exact same speed as target and never hit it
- Fix several bugs in Illusionist armor wisp AI

v0.8.0 - Pathfinding 2.0 is here!
- Complete overhaul of the minion targeting system!
- Minions can now automatically navigate most obstacles in order to reach the target
- Target now placed using new class of tool called the Pathfinding Rod
- Pathfinding Rod has 6 tiers, each increasing target placement range and decreasing use time
- Only works with minions from this mod

Check the "Minion AI" spoiler of the original post for a gif of it in action!

I have a question. Is it compatible with calamity? If it isn't, then I believe this comment is quite a big request.

I have a question. Is it compatible with calamity? If it isn't, then I believe this comment is quite a big request.
every mod should be compatible with each other right off the bat. it doesn't have any cross content, but it should 100% be able to run alongside calamity. now please stop asking this it's been asked over a thousand times before with almost every mod :sigh:

every mod should be compatible with each other right off the bat. it doesn't have any cross content, but it should 100% be able to run alongside calamity. now please stop asking this it's been asked over a thousand times before with almost every mod :sigh:
I agree, but I feel like it's kind of a necessity to ask if some of the mod's features bring themselves onto calamity aswell. You don't have to reply to this, as I already solved my problem. Just wanted to point out the reason I ask this question.

I agree, but I feel like it's kind of a necessity to ask if some of the mod's features bring themselves onto calamity aswell. You don't have to reply to this, as I already solved my problem. Just wanted to point out the reason I ask this question.
ah, okay. but next time maybe word it as "cross-compatibility" rather than just compatibility, that way mod devs know what you're talking about lol. cross-compatibility just has to do with content that is compatible with calamity, and compatibility usually means if the mod works while running with another mod

Back
Top Bottom