Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Needs Work

• Possibly

• Total voters

Afnook

Terrarian
The Ancient Guardian would be a dungeon enemy which has a chance to spawn after killing Plantera in Expert Mode.

STATS

HP: 1000
Defence: 60
KB Resist: 25
Damage: 50 Melee - 25 Ranged

Attacks

The Guardian has a close range attack that will continue to do so until it has 500 HP
It's ranged damage launches a golden yellowish orb that has some splash damage.

DROPS

The Ancient Guardian has the chance to drop 1 of 2 items.

Guardians Charm - 65% Drop Chance

Makes the player slower but increases defence when health is below 65%

Ancient Orb - 50% Drop Chance
A orb that will occasionally fire a beam that will deal 25 damage per hit

What is it?

The Ancient Guardian is similar but not entirely a carbon copy of the Paladin. Yes it is similar but different in some aspects. Think of it as the Paladins younger brother

Notes

It's immune to venom,poison,slow and confused
It has a 50% Chance to spawn
The Ancient Guardian will spawn towards the bottom half of the Dungeon.

Last edited:
The purpose of the Ancient Guardian would be to drop the Guardians Soul which could craft a Paladins Shield as an alternate way to get it
Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but I'm not seeing the need for a new enemy if it's just going to drop the crafting materials for an item that's already dropped by an existing enemy. I mean, I'm down for new Dungeon content, but it seems a bit superfluous to add an entirely new enemy and three otherwise useless items if its sole purpose is to make it easier to obtain something. Especially since the Paladin's Shield is one of the more common drops in the Hardmode Dungeon, at least percentage-wise.

It would be different if the Ancient Guardian dropped its own subsection of cool items, but as it is it feels kind of redundant.

O_Nothing Seeing this the next day it does seem more pointless than I wanted it to, I'll probably edit it later today so it would have some sort of use thanks for the criticism

Back
Top Bottom