Weapons & Equip The Ancient Muramasa

So, uh.. Whaddya think?

• Total voters

gardenapple

Steampunker
I have to say, the old sprite was at least 2 times as badass as the new one, and a lot more iconic.

Pre-1.2 Muramasa:
20131021033139%21Muramasa.png

1.2 Muramasa:
Muramasa.png

So I suggest adding the Ancient Muramasa, which is a 0.25% chance drop from all pre-Hardmode Dungeon monsters. (hopefully 1 in 400 is low enough so you don't get 30 of them in one dungeon run)
If you combine the Ancient Muramasa with the three other swords at the Demon Altar, you''l get the Ancient Night's Edge:

1.0.3 Night's Edge:
Night%27s_Edge.png

Pre-1.0.3 Night's Edge:
20110809172416%21Night%27s_Edge.png

Removed because the Night's Edge did look a lot worse than the new one and everybody hated it.
So is that a good suggestion or not?

EDIT: Added 2 more poll options. You are free to change your vote whenever you want to.

EDIT 2: I decided to add this (along with some of my other suggestions) into a tModLoader mod. If you want to, you can check out Miscellania right here.

Last edited:
"The old sprite was at least 2 times as badass-"
Gonna have to stop you right there Gold. Pre 1.2 Muramasa is only cool because of its colors. Nothing else. 1.0.3 Nights Edge looks like every other straight sword on the market.
Although I know Ancient stuff has become more popular lately we don't need a new weapon that is the exact same thing as something else.

"The old sprite was at least 2 times as badass-"
Gonna have to stop you right there Gold. Pre 1.2 Muramasa is only cool because of its colors. Nothing else. 1.0.3 Nights Edge looks like every other straight sword on the market.
Although I know Ancient stuff has become more popular lately we don't need a new weapon that is the exact same thing as something else.

I agree that the old Night's Edge looks really bland. But the new straight Muramasa is a bit worse than the old one (just an opinion).
Looking at the poll, it seems like everybody hates the Ancient Night's Edge. I guess I'll remove it.

Last edited:
I don't think everything needs an ancient counterpart.
The two muramasas don't really look that different from eachother, and I think the pre-1.2 one looks more like a toy than anything, with its intense colours and all. I do think the new one looks a bit straight. Makes it pretty boring, yeah. The pre-1.0.6 Night's Edge just looks very plain to me as well, definitely not something I think we really need.

why? This thread is about how someone liked an old sprite, not "i want this sword to drop so it is easier to get.
It was merely a joke sir. Don't take it to heart.

Also instead of putting the old suggestion in a spoiler why not just remove it? No need to keep it around.

Last edited:
Don't worry friend, i didn't. i just thought it was a little wierd considering that said sword did not exist.

For the record, I only said that you should feel good because I didn't notice the old suggestion. All in all, can't disagree about the old muramasa.

Ancient Terra Blade, 1/1,000,000,000 chance of dropping from any enemy.:redmunch:
When you combine it with a Broken Hero Sword, you get a True Ancient Terra Blade. :redmunch: :redmunch:

Jokes aside, it's meant to be rare enough so that you'll get one in every 2 or 3 playthroughs (unless, of course, you decide to specifically farm for it)

EDIT: Added 2 more options for the poll. You can change your vote whenever you want to.

Last edited:
Muramasa.png
Cobalt_Sword.png

I think the current Muramasa looks too similar to the Cobalt Sword, and would be fine if they replaced new Muramasa with the old. Or they could try another resprite.

What I miss the most is how much light the sword used to give off. Before 1.2 it gave a decent amount of light, not as good as Fiery Greatsword of course, but enough to see, but now it it gives off about the same amount of light as the sparkle when you recharge mana. It should give off more light again.

Back
Top Bottom