The Armageddon Mod: by Serlance3000

sirlance3000

Skeletron Prime
Logo.png

1606760520444.pngAuthor: Serlance3000
The Armageddon Mod Official Forums Page

About the Mod

Is it going to be released?

No this mod was ultimately scraped because it was going to be too similar to The Calamity Mod. The future for this mod is the Spirits of Argonoth Mod.

Is There Going To Be An Official Wiki?

To put simply; no there will not be an Official Wiki. Any current information can be found on the The Official Spirits of Argonoth Wiki, and the Spirits of Argonoth Discord Server.

Why Keep This Forums Page Up?

For starters it is a piece of mod history, it means something to me, finally this is perfect for anyone interested in where the Spirits of Argonoth Mod came from. So because of this I will be keeping this page up.

Last edited:
And here we go yet again, it's time for another game of "Who wants to be the next Calamity?"
First off, here's 2 other mods that set out to do what you did, but it sounds like your walking into the same trap, let me explain why:
tModLoader - (WIP) The Fabric of Time (old)
tModLoader - Cthulhu's Awakening: Need spriter, musician, and programmer (recent)

1: Do you have a clear goal of what you want your mod to be, what you want it to add to the game, and how so? That sounds vague, but what I mean is: Is it like Qwerty's mod? Calamity? Spirit? It's obviously a content mod you wanna make. For example: Here's what Alphakip (Ancients Awakened) had planned quite so time before that mod was even realized: tModLoader - (Concept. Help wanted.) Chaos Incarnate
he even had a large google docs of ideas and concepts in place, which really helped it become a reality. Your mod idea just sounds like "I wanna big a big mod for the sake of being big!"
People say this alot, I'll say it too: Start small, work your way up, one idea, concept, item, at a time, just keep building on it until you get a playable piece of content worth a release.

2: Do you have any skills that can be offered to the project? As the leader your going to need more than just that, you need to be the lead contributor, Alphakip was a coder, and he did most of the work on AA himself for example. I can confirm that if you can't bring anything to the table, the project will fail, you need to be the one who can carry the mod if no one else will.
Cus let me tell you, no one else is going to be as passionate about the project as you.
And no, being a lore writer does not count, people want content, not proof of concepts.

3: Have something to show for your work other than words, cus right now you really don't got anything else to show that would entice people to join. The reason Spirit, Starlight River, and Endless Escapades grew in popularity and people wanting to join is because they had something to show for their work. Something, at the least, I realize the higher-end content they made would be a daunting task, but that's just how it is, you gotta WORK for that kind of respect around (TML) here.

Now there's 2 things you ended this post with that makes me, just sigh in disappointment, let me explain why:

Do not "take" any content from this mod without permission form mod creator Serlance3000!!! Though it is ok to gain inspiration, but don't copy!!!
Violation of "ANY" of these rules will be reported immediately!!! And I will not be held responsible for your actions!!!
If you find that someone has violated any of these rules please report as soon as possible. It would be greatly appreciated.
You don't even HAVE any content, what are people going to steal from you? I get this is an early disclaimer but still you sound rather silly just stating it too early.
Not to mention, the Staff of the forums do not moderate this kind of action that happens off site, if people steal crap on discord they can't enforce that, TML can however as they manage the browser, speaking of discord that brings me to...

Is there a Discord?
No there is not a Discord nor do I have any planes to make one, though I will use this thread and possibly make one another thread for this mod.
This is a death sentence, your mod WILL NOT survive or get any real help without discord presence, there are many, and I mean MANY talented (and some here and there not so reliable) Terrarians who do not use the forums these days, by not having something to fill that medium your condemning your mod to most likely fail.
Example? The lead coder who did all the fancy content in Endless Escapades (OS), doesn't even have a forums account, afaik.
The mods that got away with not having a discord at start, like Amulet of Many minions, and Beyond the Stars, again, had something to show for their work and people requested a discord be made, why did they request it? Because as I stated, it's what they want, and it's mandatory to grow a successful mod and community. If your planning to never make one, your greatly limiting yourself in the long run, thou I'd say it's ok not to until you have something to show for it.

As I keep saying, you need something to show for your work, not just because that is *infact a rule here in the forums*, but because your going to get written off as another Calamity dreaming wannabe. That sounds rude, but it's the truth, just look at those before you that have done the same exact thing...

Thanks for your input
Sorry for not responding to this

Thanks this was actually really helpful, my goal for the Mod is to add in more toften the game what I mean by that is I want to add in meny new and interesting biomes to the game, as well as many new bosses for those biomes, as well as new items weapons etc. I also want to use them to create a both new and original story. In a way it will be similar to Calamity, but I will make sure it is not Calamity but with a new look. Also I have decided that if I want my mod to survive I will infact make an official Discord server as well. Thanks for your amazing input it really has helped, and might save the Mod when it comes out. It is inspired by calamity but I will make sure it is not. Also I appreciate your input on it so early, or in other words before I have released it or evenetruly announced it. You might have just saved my butt. I do have experience doing Textures but very little in codeing, right now I am only really tryingto understand modeing, and for the first release I only really want one new town NPC which is already close to done, I also want one biome that is very simple. I also might add one boss, and a few items and wepons, already I know that there is much more I intend to add eventually but I have found that I will need to walk before I can run. Currently hears what I have Texture wise. The core of my mod is to give the player a sense of adventure, haveing been something I have always felt in my time from the 1.0 updates to now though at the end of the day I like expanding outward and try new things. So I won't release it any time soon, but when I do release it I will also make sure that it is small. And for now I will only do little updates at a time.
Quite a mouthful of a paragraph...

But yeah, I read ya, no worries, awesome to hear!

Back
Top Bottom