The Balance Mod

What should the mods main focus be in the coming months?

• Rebuilding Acrion VY66 from the ground up under a new name.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DrewTubeDude

Terrarian
THE BALANCE MOD
icon.png

I regret to inform this community that my Discord account has been compromised by a hacker, and the mod Discord has gone down with it. Its been a good run, but I regrettably have to to discontinue development of the mod going forward, I simply don't have it in me to rebuild everything up from scratch.
Thank you for your time, your support, and your understanding. I hope that my efforts to make something enjoyable over the past 5 years hasn't been completely in vain.
-DrewTubeDude

Last edited:
Ah, this mod finally has a forum thread. A long time ago, I played with this mod in a few playthroughs, including one with a friend and another as the Druid class. Since I last played it, the sprites appeared to have been given an overhaul, especially for the heirloom items. Now I have another playthrough or two planned with a lot of other mods using tModLoader 64 bit. There's certainly a lot of content for this mod and it appears mostly unknown by people. I'm not even sure how I found out about it myself, must have gotten lucky with seeing it on the mod browser.

I noticed there's a Scavenger class, so I went to create a new character for it. Then I realized the class is in very early stage. I think four weapons, one armor set, and one accessory. It seems the theme of this class is using whatever scrap you can find and some energy mechanic to enable use of more powerful right click attacks. Is this the third class the poll is talking about?

The current Dev Build has been working nonstop at expanding those teasing tidbits of scavenger you've seen, and Scavenger will be released as a fully completed class within the next update. To be truthful i was too exited to play it in full, so I've already completed roughly 75% of its content. Work after the next update will be focused on what the poll deduces, following forward from there. I'm glad to see you've found the mod, as I've put close to three years of work into it, most of which has been solo development. I hope that the future brings more people to this mod, so they can enjoy it and provide much needed feedback for our small community!

This mod seems to me like a big DLC for Terraria. Content fits pretty well. But still I hope you will make some of the content much unique and interesting. :)

I'm glad that's how you see it, as that's sort of the intent for the mod, fill in the progression for the existing classes and some new ones, while introducing some new content to make progression more fun and enjoyable! Of course as updates go on I will be continuing to polish items, bosses, and enemies to look better and be more unique, so stay tuned and enjoy!

Hey in just wanted to let you know whenever i use this mod in my modpack it breaks the music
If you have the time would you be willing to hop onto the mods discord to give me more details? Just to confirm if its this mod causing the issue or if there is a compatibility bug between this mod and another. As of current your comment only tells me so much.

There not much info about the mod, what kind of items does it have, what are those druid and scavenger class, what are those "Many new quality of life additions" ?
Checked the wiki and it's empty (newly created i think).

There not much info about the mod, what kind of items does it have, what are those druid and scavenger class, what are those "Many new quality of life additions" ?
Checked the wiki and it's empty (newly created i think).
I apologize for the state of the wiki, as a primarily solo developer for this mods content, and having a job on the side, the time I can afford to spend on things outside direct mod development is small, and I do my best to try when I can. The best I can offer is to join the mods discord, where I post changelogs for every update and can answer questions more easily. I hope this helps. Not to mention others in the discord can help you with what they know if I happen to be unavailable.

Last edited:
Just update the page with new up to date links and information, the mod has recently undergone a lot of major changes, the information for which can be found on the official discord.

Back
Top Bottom