The Bartle Test: What's your gaming style?

Theo

Official Terrarian
While browsing through YouTube, I came across a video whose topic is Bartle's test on gamer psychology. So I thought that I might as well share it here.

http://4you2learn.com/bartle/

I took the test and my results were:
Achiever: 53%
Explorer: 60%
Griefer: 47%
Socializer: 40%

I took the test, but the numbers don't really apply to me very well, as the test seems to be completely focused on online multiplayer PvP games and pretty much ignores both single player games and those who solo MMOs. Had it given proper solo/SP options, that Socializer rating shouldn't have hit double digits and Griefer should have been a flat zero.

Explorer: 80%
Griefer: 20%
Socializer: 47%

I don't really play multiplayer games but:
Achiever: 47%
Explorer: 87%
Griefer: 27%
Socializer: 40%

Achiever: 67%
Explorer: 40%
Griefer: 47%

I really dont get what kind of achiever it means, but I dont do that

Achiever: 20%
Explorer: 53%
Griefer: 60%
Socializer: 67%

I can't argue.

One thing to note is that the "Griefer" category was originally "Killer" so I think it managed to come across as more negative than it should be. This is the wikipedia definition of the group: "They thrive on competition with other players, and prefer fighting them to scripted computer-controlled opponents."

For those more interested, here's some more material:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bartle_Test
http://edtechteacher.org/use-the-fo...s-collaborate-from-douglas-kiang-on-edudemic/

Achiever: 60%
Explorer: 33%
Griefer: 53%
Socializer: 53%
Seems legit for a survery that measures over 100%

this is the same with the personality test on the other thread... it's just not good for everyone, as lots of the time I found myself wanting something other than what was on the options, and I also agree with jeckel

Achiever: 60%
Explorer: 40%
Griefer: 73%
Socializer: 27%

Now time to blow some noob houses up... JK

Those results are accurate-ish, 73% Griefer is really accurate, I like blowing up the buildings of my friends on Minecraft... :pumpking:

Explorer: 60%
Griefer: 7%
Socializer: 80%

I'd say this is pretty accurate. I do like meeting people through games, checking out new areas, et cetera. Strength in numbers and all that, and I'm very much a talker. Achiever also fits since I do enjoy gaining levels and such, and being able to be proud of my accomplishments (as I believe I suck at like every game ever).

...Griefer should've been 0 xD I'm not much for either antagonizing people OR fighting and destroying stuff.

Achiever 47%
Explorer 80%
Griefer 20%
Socialized 57%
I like finding ALL the areas, and secrets are cool to. Everything but griefer is accurate.

Achiever: 33%
Explorer: 87%
Griefer: 33%
That's what I got. Not sure how accurate it is, considering it focused on multiplayer.

Well, I got:

Achiever: 40%
Explorer: 73%
Griefer: 20%
Socializer: 67%

I disagree with Socializer a lot. Otherwise I'd say it's pretty accurate.

Here's what I got :

Achiever: 87%
Explorer: 27%
Griefer: 27%
Socializer: 60%

I think it fits my playstyle pretty well, considering I play with friends a lot.-

Back
Top Bottom