Short Story The Battle For A Glance

Seeker

Eater of Worlds
Now we look into the life of, Seeker, a truly pathetic creature...

It was 9:03 and I was standing by the door. I impatiently patted the door knob as I glared coldly at the clock, in those moments it'd be easy to deduce that I was simply excited to leave class. While that was true, I was silently making calculations in my mind. The struggle to see them each day had taken its toll on me.
"I've been doing good time the past couple of days." I thought to myself. "Why would I think that? Am I seriously putting this much effort into it?"
The clock hit 9:04 and the bell rang seconds later. I turned the knob and shoved the door open with my shoulder, I heard someone say "bye" behind me, it was probably my teacher subconsciously taunting me.
I slithered my way down the stair well quickly.
"Their class is one more floor down isn't it?" I thought of going further down. "No, I've had better luck this way."
I pushed the door open as I had in class and turned to look down the hallway. I hurried down to avoid traffic but I was too slow, it was virtually impossible to avoid this. Each classroom door was like a sewer pipe, the pipes split open simultaneously, releasing the worlds waste into the hall, obstructing my view.
"God damn them..." I silently cursed everyone whose backs were turned to me.
I didn't know anyone in the hall but in that moment I realized something. I hated them, all of them. I thought of doing horrible things to make them move, I thought of using violence, but there was too many. I'd be overpowered quickly, even if I did manage to force my way through the crowd, that wouldn't make me look any better.
So there I stood, walking behind the crowd of fellow students. I hated the females for getting in my way, and was jealous of the males for getting a better view.
"Screw them." I finally said as I squirmed through the crowd like a worm through a pile of dung.
I quickly escaped the crowd and threw the door to the quad open. I looked frantically to my left, they weren't there. I sighed then moved my foot to turn to my right, in the corner of my eye though I saw a short and plump female.
"I've seen her before." I thought, remembering my encounter at the lunch line a week ago. "Wait! That's her friend!"
She was behind her friend, who had just walked past me. My heart rate spiked, I felt a chill wander up my spine. I looked forward and there she was, her brown hair tossed over her shoulder as it always was. Above her forehead there was always some hairs that appeared to be blonde in the sunlight, my eyes traveled downward and our eyes met, her crystal blue eyes looked into my brown eyes. Time seemed to freeze, I wasn't breathing, it was like we were staring at each other. This was yet another case of prolonged eye contact, or did time really freeze? I looked away, as my head turned I saw their round nose and their lips. They looked orange, was that lipstick I wondered.
"Why don't we ever talk?" I agonized. "You're so beautiful, you're voice is as well, I just want to hear you use it for me. I want us to be friends, sure these feelings I have suggest that I want us to be something more, but I still want to be your friend. I don't know why though, am I curious about your personality? I'm not sure, how awful, the stress these thoughts give me."
She walked away with her friend. I'd see her twice more in the day but not quite like this.
"I just want us to speak." I thought.
My eyes and heart wanted to stay near her, but my mind thought it'd be more appropriate to walk away. Warmth returned to my body, causing me to miss the cold for the first time in my life.

This Life doe

Wow, I'd give this piece of creative writing a B maybe a B+ if I was drunk.

But doesn't that describe all of our lives, the insignificance of it. A B, a B+ when we are drunk.

Sorry I'm introverting again...

Anyway you missed your chance to tell the girl how you feel, you could have done it on April Fool's Day with love poems galore and if it had went badly, just say "April Fools B****!"

I'm not the loving type if you get my meaning, I'm not the bonding type either, with myself being "Stay away from me if you don't want to become infertile" #BallKicks

Anyway, Enjoy your pathetic life like we've all been doing and good luck with your unrequited love my fellow. Good Luck

Last edited:
This Life doe

Wow, I'd give this piece of creative writing a B maybe a B+ if I was drunk.

But doesn't that describe all of our lives, the insignificance of it. A B, a B+ when we are drunk.

Sorry I'm introverting again...

Anyway you missed your chance to tell the girl how you feel, you could have done it on April Fool's Day with love poems galore and if it had went badly, just say "April Fools B****!"

I'm not the loving type if you get my meaning, I'm not the bonding type either, with myself being "Stay away from me if you don't want to become infertile" #BallKicks

Anyway, Enjoy your pathetic life like we've all been doing and good luck with your unrequited love my fellow. Good Luck
Thanks, this isn't just for her though, it reveals alot about myself as well.

Back
Top Bottom