Sprites The Being from Beyond

is it good?

• This is a rushed suggestion with little information.

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • idk man

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Another (Explain)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

King Victor

Skeletron Prime
I asked myself for a long time after the 1.3 update, why doesn't Terraria have any infinite flight wings?
Don't get me wrong, the cosmic car key is a great item. But I think it would be balanced to have infinite flight wings since you would have to constantly press WASD with them instead of just sitting in a UFO. on the flip side, they would travel faster.

So, I came up with this idea.

What if after defeating the moon lord there would be these creatures (The Being From Beyond) that would spawn in space. These creatures would have 100 defense and 20,000 hp.
he would have two attacks, one shooting lasers from his eyes like the ice golem doing 100 damage each. the second attack would be charging at the player and jumping if necessary.
He would drop 8-20 Souls of Smite which has the caption, "The essence of a powerful creature"
these souls could be combined with any wings to achieve infinite flight.

Here's a poorly drawn image of the Being from Beyond.
HY7F8YV.png

While I'm not opposed to the concept to the concept of unlimited flight wings, there are some things you should keep in mind.
1. 100 defense means 200 defense on expert, meaning over 100 damage off of each attack.
2. Try to include stats like horizontal and vertical speed.
3. Try to include spawn rate
Pretty complete otherwise though.

1. 100 defense means 200 defense on expert, meaning over 100 damage off of each attack.
This was already a problem the developers foresaw. Because of the abnormally high defense stats certain enemies would get on the mode, enemies with already very high defense stats in Normal Mode(like the Martian Saucer) do not increase in defense in Expert Mode. The health increase is alright high enough; the same should apply for this enemy as well.

While I'm not opposed to the concept to the concept of unlimited flight wings, there are some things you should keep in mind.
2. Try to include stats like horizontal and vertical speed.
3. Try to include spawn rate
Pretty complete otherwise though.
I don't really know how to do spawn rate, thanks for the feedback anyway!

Unlike worfer, I am opposed the idea, I believe that nothing should be infinite in terraria. I prefer a challenge, I like those little annoying things, for me, they make the game fun, because it would be a challenge in figuring strategies and techniques for making annoying things, less annoying. But that’s just me I guess

No, infinite flight wings take away the utility mounts offer.

Even if they were to be implemented, they should just make them craftable by combining all of the pillar wings with lumite or something more convenient.

No, infinite flight wings take away the utility mounts offer.

Even if they were to be implemented, they should just make them craftable by combining all of the pillar wings with lumite or something more convenient.
Like I stated, With mounts you might not go as fast, but you can stay still for long periods of time. With wings you can't.

Like I stated, With mounts you might not go as fast, but you can stay still for long periods of time. With wings you can't.
But what would be the point? If you’re building a talk structure you could just use a grapple, if I learned anything it’s that during a fight you never stand still
[doublepost=1554141330,1554141273][/doublepost]
But what would be the point? If you’re building a talk structure you could just use a grapple, if I learned anything it’s that during a fight you never stand still
*tall

Back
Top Bottom