Console The Best Laid Plans: An Apology, a Promise, and the “Additions” Update

Discussion in 'Console - 505 Games/Pipeworks Studio' started by 505Games, Jun 3, 2015.

1. Erienna Nakagai

Erienna Nakagai Headless Horseman

I don't know why you would think that as Cthulhu has not been confirmed for any platform.

2. Ignis55

Ignis55 Skeletron Prime

well I'm just saying and Cthulu seems to be a theme in Terraria..Eye of Cthulu, Brain of Cthulu...one would assume..If I'm wrong then I'm wrong but yeah,

3. Nike Leon

Nike Leon Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Please report this to http://www.505games.com/contact :)

Please report this to http://www.505games.com/contact :)

To all three of you, I know they called it 1.2.3 (maybe that wasn't the best idea, not my call) but they told us earlier several times that they won't be adding everything from the PC updates all at once when updating console, smaller faster updates is their current focus :) Some patience and enjoyment of the new stuff will see you through to getting the things you're currently lacking I'm sure :)

Well mobile updates are posted about here: http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?forums/mobile-505-games.86/

I don't recall Re-Logic ever promising PCs to get exclusives?? :confused: But as someone else has already said to you, PC gets the updates much sooner (and usually in better condition :p) than console does.

Erienna Nakagai and Leinfors like this.
  4. Ignis55

Ignis55 Skeletron Prime

I already reported it. I just thought the news would spread faster if Mr.Rudi knew himself.

Nike Leon likes this.
  5. Nike Leon

Nike Leon Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Fair enough :)

6. skoti123

skoti123 Terrarian

I'm really happy with the companion app really glad you make it. Also would be great if you make it work. For now it's like, you press "connect to ps4 " and black screen popup then nothing no response... hopefully you'll fix it

Yeah but it doesn't Work. shame ... is it work for any of you guys?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2015
  7. equazcion

equazcion Skeletron Prime

I applaud any company that's willing to say that made a mistake. That doesn't happen often, and when it does, it's a breath of fresh air.

@505Games I wonder if, given the move towards transparency, you could clarify for Amazon Android users what the delay is in updating that version. Last we heard (as far as I know), the update that added the two other wrench colors and fixed a bunch of bugs was coming to Amazon (thread), but that was at the end of March. Google and iOS got this update a while ago. When/Has that update been submitted to Amazon? Was there something else holding up that platform?

Last edited: Jun 5, 2015
  8. Ephidel

Ephidel Eye of Cthulhu

So, I've been busy. I've got all the new Masks except Plantera, Brain of Cthulhu (HM Vertebrae grinding is slow) and Wall of Flesh (HM Voodoo Doll grinding is REALLY slow). Very cool items, and I'm very pleased that it's a Twins Mask and not Retinazer/Spazmatism separate Masks like the Trophies are.

Got 2 parts to the Horned God Vanity Set. The Destroyer was very generous with his Mask, so I only had to kill him twice.

I've built 8 Terrariums and captured one of each animal, putting them in their cages. I've also made a full Beetle Set (both Plate Armour and Shell) and Wings (very cool how the back carapace opens and the Wings animate like a Beetle's) after kicking the Golem in the face a few times.

I've had 2 visits from the Travelling Merchant, bought max Stacks of everything he was selling.

I've also spent several hours trying to record all of the music with Music Boxes, and this has been slightly frustrating. The main ones I haven't recorded yet that I can remember are the new Underground Crimson (due to me having nearly exterminated The Crimson in my world), the Lihzahrd Temple (totally skipped my mind) and the 2 Endgame Events. I waited until nightfall, saved, used Pumpkin Medallion/Naughty Present, equipped a Music Box as an Accessory and fought until Dawn. After a full night of 8 minutes (8 in-game hours) neither of them will record.

So, I have a question. Do I need to reach the later Trophy Waves before it will record, or is it simply glitched/not available on Console yet?

One further point : I repeatedly checked my Bloodroot farms to see if anything changed (not saying that 505 said they'd fixed it, but I thought it prudent to check) and it's still all Blinkroots. I'm thinking of building a third Bloodroot farm just above the Underworld to make sure.

All in all, I'll be doing more grinding tomorrow. Still need to set up my Traps for Frost Moon, bucket some Water out of my Dungeon and switch around the Pressure Plates on my Eastbound Teleporters.

9. SomeoneSomewhere

SomeoneSomewhere Terrarian

So they going tobamke tiny but fast updates? That is awesome! Sorry i might didn't understand a part where it says about it English is not my first language so i experience some problems with it. But thank you for telling us, i think i won't find out aboit it myself :)

10. Ignis55

Ignis55 Skeletron Prime

I have Brain, Ocram, and Twins from the new masks and I got a Skeletron Mask from the last update.

11. CraftedNightmare Here!

CraftedNightmare Here! Official Terrarian

@505Games, you just went beyond amazing!

12. Ori

Ori Spazmatism

What the heck is this?
    [​IMG]
    :eek:

13. CraftedNightmare Here!

CraftedNightmare Here! Official Terrarian

I have a feeling it's the Blight-forged Summoner Armor

EDIT:
    [​IMG]

Ori likes this.
  14. Ephidel

Ephidel Eye of Cthulhu

It's a Vanity Set that drops from the Mech Bosses. It gives NO STATS! :D

You look a bit like a Forsworn from Skyrim when wearing it.

15. Ori

Ori Spazmatism

According to the wiki no such thing has existed since 1.2.3 on console

16. Ephidel

Ephidel Eye of Cthulhu

The update only occurred yesterday, give the Wiki contributors time to update the information.

But yeah, got the full set now. It's ok, but I prefer my Grim Reaper outfit, Titanium Vanity, Space Creature (Xenomorph) and Boss Masks.

17. Ori

Ori Spazmatism

Could you upload a screen of it?

18. Ephidel

Ephidel Eye of Cthulhu

Sorry, I wouldn't know how, nor do I possess the tech to do so. I'm posting from my Wii U at the moment. My laptop is pretty awful and I don't have a proper PC.

Ask me in about 2 years, seeing as I have no intention of getting an Xbone or PS4. They'll probably have the Fallout 4 : GOTY Edition out by then. :p

19. Whatofit

Whatofit Terrarian

--- Double Post Merged, Jun 5, 2015, Original Post Date: Jun 5, 2015 ---
    Sorry about that but good job so far rudi .

20. Cockroachcomics

Cockroachcomics Terrarian

Woohoo! Paint has been fixed in mobile.