Console The Best Laid Plans: An Apology, a Promise, and the “Additions” Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well 505, I thought you were lazy. UNTIL the newest update, you really did put great effort into it and I hope you keep it up.

(P.S. How about console exclusives can drop special weapons/armour or potion ingredients.)

I'm not trying to bring negativity into this thread. I just posted here as a sort of "quick report."
A full bug report would go into a lot of detail about how to reproduce the bug and what exact version of the ps3 system I'm using (to be a helpful bug report at least) and I don't have the time to type all that up right now.

Again, I'm very happy with the update, but there are (as always) a few things to be ironed out.

I'm also wondering if anyone ever reported the sprite overflow bug that creates a hole when too many decorations are placed too closely together.

I'll type out a good report soon.
Until then, have fun.

I'm also wondering if anyone ever reported the sprite overflow bug that creates a hole when too many decorations are placed too closely together.

I'll type out a good report soon.
Until then, have fun.

I don't remember seeing anything about that...can you give me some more information? It might be a hard limit that either sneaked in, or unfortunately might be necessary. But can't talk to the coders about it until I know a bit more :)

I think that the frost moon might be added if they can wrap up any loose ends in mobile but then they have to proof play 1.2.2.X and fix it up, eh I dont mind waiting wether it be half a year the newest mobile update is so good almost bug free <3

Yes, that's exactly what I'm talking about. It's been happening since the console 1.2 update. I've done a lot of testing with it and some friends and myself always check eachother's worlds to make sure we haven't gone over the limit and caused the glitch in our builds. When you go over the limit a 20x20 empty square appears that the host can't see. Inside the square is nothing (just sky/underground background) and sprites on the edges of the square will be cut in half.
It happens when you place too many of any sprite together (even gems).
The only way for you to tell it's there in your own world is to watch npc's/mobs try to move through the area. They will fall through it and then reappear above and fall again.

A lot of old worlds from 1.1 that had a lot of detail are plagued with this, even the "famous" U.S.S. Redigit II spaceship.
It didn't occur in 1.1
This is on PS3 and only visible from the client's end. I have no idea if it happens when viewing the same world from vita or PS4.

Anyway, again I'm sorry for posting all this here. This will be my last post in this thread concerning bugs.
I'll try to officially report it tonight, but feel free to pm me if you want me to give any more details via pm.

How long it took you to connect?
Well once I'd signed in and found my console and all that it only took 30 seconds or so to connect.

EDIT: If your screen is all black try zooming out and making sure you're not focused on an unexplored portion of your map.

Does Plantera really drop a mask? I got the beetle stuff (gypsy robe is awesome btw) and horned god and all the masks except Plantera yesterday, and have been farming Plantera all day and still no mask... :/

On the wiki it sais you can get the celestial emblem even though I gave the guide my avengers emblem and it doesnt say I can make it :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom