Biomes & Nature The (better) Desert

I think some of these suggestions, especially an underground desert would add more variety to the game.

I supported this back then and I do it againg. I love the devs but sometimes looking at this at the Cyber... the Contagion etc. I do wonder if they are blind.

I supported this back then and I do it againg. I love the devs but sometimes looking at this at the Cyber... the Contagion etc. I do wonder if they are blind.
They are not blind, they cinsider a lot of community suggestions, but most of them look good on paper but they turn out to mess up the game in one way or another.
Also, they are working on 1.3, and Cenx confirmed 4 community suggestions are going to be in game.

They are not blind, they cinsider a lot of community suggestions, but most of them look good on paper but they turn out to mess up the game in one way or another.
Also, they are working on 1.3, and Cenx confirmed 4 community suggestions are going to be in game.
OOH! I hope your suggestion got into the game. :D

This is a great idea that needs to be implemented. But I just want to state a few things:

Firstly, how will underground desert exist if sand blocks keep falling? And if you add sandstone bricks then it'd look like man-made. I mean, terrarian-made. Anything else made of sand would fall, I'd imagine.

And the sarcophagus area, if lighted up by torches, would be a bit too obvious and easy to find. Maybe remove the torches or set a limit to the torchlight?

Also a few mobs like the sun scarabs seem a bit OP. Reverse darkness plus frostburn just by getting close? That's gonna be hard for melee warriors.

And uh, maybe make the Anubis warriors have a 'chance' of applying the break mana debuff? Or perhaps make the debuff last for 2-3 seconds? Because if you get swarmed by them, its gonna be bad time for mages.

Oh and I really like the sandstorm idea, among others. Maybe apply the damage debuff to blizzards too? And maybe add fog instead to areas near the ocean that reduce light and look like smoke-cloud-thingies that hover above the ground.

So yeah, apart from these few things, this is a really great idea. I totally support.

This is a great idea that needs to be implemented. But I just want to state a few things:

Firstly, how will underground desert exist if sand blocks keep falling? And if you add sandstone bricks then it'd look like man-made. I mean, terrarian-made. Anything else made of sand would fall, I'd imagine.
Sandstone, not sandstone bricks which the pyramid is made from.

And the sarcophagus area, if lighted up by torches, would be a bit too obvious and easy to find. Maybe remove the torches or set a limit to the torchlight?
Same can be said about the jungle shrines, they also have torches in them.

Also a few mobs like the sun scarabs seem a bit OP. Reverse darkness plus frostburn just by getting close? That's gonna be hard for melee warriors.

And uh, maybe make the Anubis warriors have a 'chance' of applying the break mana debuff? Or perhaps make the debuff last for 2-3 seconds? Because if you get swarmed by them, its gonna be bad time for mages.
I made some mobs to be hard for specific types of "classes", after all, its not hardmode if it ain't hard. ;)

Oh and I really like the sandstorm idea, among others. Maybe apply the damage debuff to blizzards too? And maybe add fog instead to areas near the ocean that reduce light and look like smoke-cloud-thingies that hover above the ground.
Thats a good idea which has nothing to do with the desert.
Consider creating a thread for it. Good luck :)

So yeah, apart from these few things, this is a really great idea. I totally support.
[/quote]

Whoa, that was a fast reply. Well, thanks for answering said questions. I was just sorta thinking that while navigating you randomly see a torch and automatically know its a sarcophagus thing. But I guess the sandstone blocks solved that problem by creating labyrinth caves, similar to the jungle.

Still think sun scarabs should have a chance of applying the debuff apart from 100%. But oh well, lets leave that to the developers.
And yeah sorta off-topic suggestions I made there, hopefully the devs notice it without making a thread. I'm not good with threads.

Back
Top Bottom