Weapons & Equip The Black Hoik

galacticGammawave

Headless Horseman
Hello, and welcome to my first suggestion thread! Today, I will explain my idea for a Lunar Boss drop.

The Black Hoik (or Black Hook if Hoiks aren't removed)

Black Hoik.png
  • Tooltip: All light near this seems to disappear...
  • This hook acts like the Dual Hook in that it has 2 hooks and is extremely quick, but it also has 1 (or 2) other abilities.
  • This isn't just a hook though: it also causes damage. If you right click with this at a block, it sends a black hole to that block. The black hole (hoik/hook eh?) then pulls mobs (other than you and Town NPCs) towards it and damages them at 30 damage per second.
  • It also (if hoiks are removed) allows to you to move through 1 block thick walls/floors directly next to or below you by clicking the wall twice with this hook.
Thank you for reading, please leave any suggestions for the suggestion in the comments. Thanks!

Last edited:
I am terribly confused.

Okay, so I get that
A) Its a hook
B) Its a fast hook
C) Define "draws you closer". All the hooks draw you close, so...
D) Usable as a weapon...? Seems kind of counterproductive, shooting a hook that attracts nearby mobs, when I'm about to be pulled along that same hook.
E) The last part I just don't get. How do you use a hook to get through one block walls if you have to remove the hooks first?

I am terribly confused.

Okay, so I get that
A) Its a hook
B) Its a fast hook
C) Define "draws you closer". All the hooks draw you close, so...
D) Usable as a weapon...? Seems kind of counterproductive, shooting a hook that attracts nearby mobs, when I'm about to be pulled along that same hook.
E) The last part I just don't get. How do you use a hook to get through one block walls if you have to remove the hooks first?
C: Well, what part of the suggestion are you referring to?
D: Maybe right clicking would just use it as a weapon?
E: You have to be right next to the wall, and it would detach as you go through.

C: Yeah... I was just putting that in for people who haven't used hooks before. Might want to take it out.
D: On Mobile we always have to sacrifice one for it due to not having a hotkey, sorry about that. Anyways, it could be used for mod grinders. Also, take into account that it does 1 damage a tick. Of which there are 60 per second.

Actually: Calculating in a mob's invincibility time, it does very little damage per second...

Unless we're dealing with a non-piercing projectile, most mobs have a invincibility time after being hit of 10 ticks, although it can range from 5 to 20.

AKA 3 to 12 damage per second.

Actually: Calculating in a mob's invincibility time, it does very little damage per second...

Unless we're dealing with a non-piercing projectile, most mobs have a invincibility time after being hit of 10 ticks, although it can range from 5 to 20.

AKA 3 to 12 damage per second.
It would probably also work better with a group then... It is mainly just a helper weapon/utility though. Just like minions.

On Mobile we always have to sacrifice one for it due to not having a hotkey, sorry about that. Anyways, it could be used for mod grinders. Also, take into account that it does 1 damage a tick. Of which there are 60 per second.
on mobile there's a hot key, you swipe the screen, but it's broken right now... sosad.
anyway, good idea! I like the damaging mobs effect!

Back
Top Bottom