Portfolio/Multi-Topic The Blood Moon and the Seven Sins

Daniel Bradley

Terrarian
I have already posted this on Reddit, but I wanted to put this on here to hopefully further spread this idea. This is just a copy-paste if that's okay.

Here is the link to the Reddit post

So with this theoretical feature the blood moon would have the same chance of happening. It would just be the same old blood moon. Once the player reaches hardmode, the Seven Sins would be released with the spirits of light and dark. The moon phase would determine which sin would commence.

Full Moon: Regular Blood Moon

Waning Gibbous: Gluttony (Overweight enemies and food drops)

Waning Half: Rage (This one should have especially)

Waning Cresent: Lust (With the devs being careful not to take this one too far...)

New Moon: Greed (Extra money drops)

Waxing Cresent: Pride

Waxing Half: Sloth (Slow debuffs)

Waxing Gibbous: Envy

Every single one of these would have unique enemies (At least one for each) and items.

With how many there are, I would think it'd be a good idea to make something like the temple's solar fragments to spawn a bloodmoon.

This feature could make blood moons a lot more interesting.

UPDATED: Made a mistake and put in a few more ideas

Last edited:
Support.
More info on the enemy’s would be nice, maybe each one has a zombie variant and a mini boss?
There would HAVE to be a blood moon summon, otherwise the chances of getting a certain drop from a certain enemy in a certain event on a certain moon phase would be PRETTY RARE.

Back
Top Bottom