Weapons & Equip The Blur: Very weak, yet very fast sword.

HeroGabe

Golem
This sword, is pre-hardmode, which requires a whole 10 gold bars, 9 iron bars, 8 copper, and a whopping 1 Copper Shortsword with Magma Tip (will make a suggestion for the Magma Tip, and other sword tips soon).

What does it's stats say?

Rarity: White
Knockback: 0 (Removed knockback)
Damage: 1
Use Time: 2 (but uses multiple instances)
Autoswing: :D (yep, there's autoswing)
Yes, it is another Shortsword, but ALL of that, just for a shortsword that is weak, right? Well, it's called the Blur for a reason. This, my friends, is why this suggestion is just too insane. Faster than Minisharks, even the Megashark can't compare to the Blur, wait, what am I doing comparing THIS melee weapon to a couple of ranged weapons? Is this trash? I don't know. Can this beat Dungeon Guardian? No, because it is a Shortsword! Note: Every other stat is like the Copper Shortsword. but THIS IS JUST AN INSANELY FAST SWORD!!!!!!!1
Note: The Blur, due to the Magma Tip, seems to have a chance to BURN YOUR FOES TO DEATH.

Note: This is what the Blur will look like
j4fGvkK.png

Last edited:
loltheblurisaprehardmodeshortswordthatisinsanelyfastindeededlytheeasiestitemtouseloliputthisintoonewordbecausewhynot.

xD, the invisible text trick doesn't work here.

Anyways, back onto topic. Is anyone else going to talk about the Blur or no?

howaboutnowhuhwait,areyouhightlightingthisno!dontwhynowhy
Use the bbcode: [.color=transparent] invisible text [/color.] (Just remove the dots)

OT:

I think the copper short sword is a bit odd in the crafting recipe.

This would be great with the lucky coin.

I don't think this will work as well as you think, I tested this through modding and I see a few problems with this.
1. It would need to have no sound since it would be excrutiating otherwise.
2. For an early pre-hardmode weapon it would be wierdly viable in some Hardmode encounters which is questionable.
3. Enemies that are affected by knockback have absolutely no chance of getting to you.
4. Possibly too many 1's on screen (Following was done with a use time of 2, since a use time of 1 doesn't seem to work)...

AFusWDa.png

If it is that fast, why not make a permanently out shortsword?
That depends on if you're implying permanently out as a result of attack rate or as a result of a consistent hitbox, as I am mostly confident the prior functions as multiple instances of entities and the latter does not. This matters because (again, only mostly confident) the multiple instances is what makes weapons like the Bladed Glove hit so many times in a second, while spears do much worse at this.

That depends on if you're implying permanently out as a result of attack rate or as a result of a consistent hitbox, as I am mostly confident the prior functions as multiple instances of entities and the latter does not. This matters because (again, only mostly confident) the multiple instances is what makes weapons like the Bladed Glove hit so many times in a second, while spears do much worse at this.
I dont know too much about how weaponry works but I would say that it would be due to attack speed; i know spears are constant but do not work quite as well at multihit because of KB.

Back
Top Bottom