tModLoader The Calamity Mod needs YOU to sprite!

Fabsol

The Destroyer
Does your spritework not get enough representation? Do you want to be part of a mod team without the hassle of coding? Well, today may be your lucky break! The Calamity Mod (http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/released-wip-calamity-mod.44065/) is a Released Work-in-Progress mod looking for aspiring artists to join the crew. All of the items in the Calamity Mod have solid code behind them, but the bulk of the sprites leave a lot to be desired aesthetically. Any applicants accepted into the team will be immediately upgraded to developer status with the task to resprite existing items at their leisure.

Applications will be arranged as follows: All you have to do to apply is resprite any one of the following melee weapons:

Meleeweaponsresisprites.png

Once your sprite is complete, post it below, along with how long you've been spriting and roughly how many days out of the week you are willing to work. If you aren't accepted into the team, please don't be discouraged! Every applicant will be given specific feedback as to areas of improvement.

Thank you for your time,
MountainDrew

Credits to @SnugBoat for creating the idea and text for this thread.

New to spriting so I might as well give this a shot.
f540f3c0-7e9a-11e6-bd89-05acc4bb19ea.gif

(Re-spriting this with really, REALLY careful thought took me up to 5 minutes)
(I'm available a couple of days a week.)
You can find noticeable differences.

poa0dl5m59i21.gif
Hey, uhhh... It's like 3 years later and I'm guessing this application still isn't valid. I would really like to sprite for this mod, as I'm incredibly new and I feel this could help me improve (I've also been playing this mod since like early 2017, so there's that too). Could you please direct me to where I can apply, as like I said, I don't think this is still valid... Also, this is my best sprite, so make of that what you will.

While the sprite looks neat, the problem with it (that I think) is that it lacks segments, and lacks large amounts of shading.

Lmao sorry bout that. Just joined the art discord and made a ton of improvements. My sprites now look like this.
Astral Rapier (1)- (2).png
Behold, the Astral Rapier!

Lmao sorry bout that. Just joined the art discord and made a ton of improvements. My sprites now look like this.View attachment 217241Behold, the Astral Rapier!

Just checked, I think you need to resprite one of the sprites that were shown.

can i join ? but i am not all the time though

I mean... Why not? Although, I'm fairly certain that you might need to resprite one of the sprites in order to apply.

here is the impaler resprite

Unknown.png

[doublepost=1551175334,1551175121][/doublepost]here is the Impaler resprite,

Unknown.png

compared to the original,
Impaler.png

not too bad, right?

probably on the weekends and at the end of the day, and i am a new spriter, but i feel confident enough to sprite for one of the most famous mods for terraria :)

:cool:

but i dont think recruits and feedback are available anymore since it's been 3 years, but i still look forward to working with mountaindrew

Back
Top Bottom