Texture Pack The Calamity Texture Pack

I have serious trouble downloading this ive downloaded and extracted the zip in the resource pack file that comes with terraria and it doesnt work pls help

Good day boss, Unfortunately I have no idea how to upload this texture into the new 1.4 update. I thought moving the texturepack.zip folder into My Games/Terraria/Texture Packs would solve the problem, but no. Some say you must edit this pack by yourself, why couldn't the uploader done it already?:( Downloaded the Tmodloader, tried to find this mod with texturepacks, no success.. Can someone update this thing please?

Good day boss, Unfortunately I have no idea how to upload this texture into the new 1.4 update. I thought moving the texturepack.zip folder into My Games/Terraria/Texture Packs would solve the problem, but no. Some say you must edit this pack by yourself, why couldn't the uploader done it already?:( Downloaded the Tmodloader, tried to find this mod with texturepacks, no success.. Can someone update this thing please?
There is no pack.json file in the zip. You create one by entering

{
"Name": "Pack Name",
"Author": "Author",
"Description": "Place a one-line brief description of your pack here",
"Version": {
"major": 1,
"minor": 0
}
}

into notepad or go here ( Official - 1.4 Texture Pack Support & Setup ). Then save it as pack.json and add to the zip. I would suggest changing "pack name" so you can keep track of it. Hope this helps!

Last edited:
There is no pack.json file in the zip. You create one by entering

{
"Name": "Pack Name",
"Author": "Author",
"Description": "Place a one-line brief description of your pack here",
}
}

into notepad or go here ( Official - 1.4 Texture Pack Support & Setup ). Then save it as pack.json and add to the zip. I would suggest changing "pack name" so you can keep track of it. Hope this helps!
I did what you wrote sir, but nothing happened.. I added .txt file, copyed what have you sent and changed file into pack.json. Pack appeared in Texture Packs but when I enabled it nothing has happened, as if pack was corrupted or not as how it is supposed to be.. well.. I hope Dev's going to fix this

How to make it work on terraria 1.4
1. Find Terraria\ResourcePacks folder(or press Open Folder button in Terraria main menu> Texture Packs ) and create a new directory called, for example, "calamity"
2. Go to the previously created directory and create a new text file and rename it to "pack.json" (make sure file extensions is enabled in your explorer)
3. Paste in pack.json the following code
JSON:
{
    "Name": "The Calamity Texture Pack",
    "Author": "v1tell",
    "Description": "-This pack attempts to improve vanilla sprites and make them more pleasing to the eye.\n-Currently, we have amassed more than one-thousand sprites from community contributions.\n-More updates will be released periodically, with certain themes. The next update will come shortly and update a few things, including a new Brain of Cthulhu sprite.",
    }
}
4. Now, create a new folder called "Content", now copy and paste the "Images" folder into the "Content" folder.
5. Folder structure should look like this
Code:
ResourcePacks
    └───calamity
            ├───pack.json
            └───Content
                └───Images
6. Now enable this texture pack. Go to main menu>Texture Packs > 2nd button

Last edited:
texture packs go in the ResourcePacks folder now. Click on "open folder" in game to take you to the right folder from the Texture Pack menu.

Hey! I was trying to create a texture pack of my own, and I noticed that the new sprites have to be the same size as the original. As far as I'm aware this is a new thing, and was wondering if this texture pack has been experiencing problems with that? I wanted to create bigger item sprites for Terraria, but it seems now that is not possible. If any of you know a work-around for this I'd appreciate it, thanks!

Hey! I was trying to create a texture pack of my own, and I noticed that the new sprites have to be the same size as the original. As far as I'm aware this is a new thing, and was wondering if this texture pack has been experiencing problems with that? I wanted to create bigger item sprites for Terraria, but it seems now that is not possible. If any of you know a work-around for this I'd appreciate it, thanks!
There is no work around without mods unfortunately. This texture pack is quite notably suffering from the aforementioned problems. (Look at all the 1.4 release threads made by various people). Unfortunately, we gotta work with what we got.

hello guys, one question i Follow every step from here Official - 1.4 Texture Pack Support & Setup aready and also put the Folder into my steam folder ( all files inthere ) but the packs still don't appear to me .. any solution for this? thanks in advance
1590394730234.png

How to make it work on terraria 1.4
1. Find Terraria\ResourcePacks folder(or press Open Folder button in Terraria main menu> Texture Packs ) and create a new directory called, for example, "calamity"
2. Go to the previously created directory and create a new text file and rename it to "pack.json" (make sure file extensions is enabled in your explorer)
3. Paste in pack.json the following code
JSON:
{
    "Name": "The Calamity Texture Pack",
    "Author": "v1tell",
    "Description": "-This pack attempts to improve vanilla sprites and make them more pleasing to the eye.\n-Currently, we have amassed more than one-thousand sprites from community contributions.\n-More updates will be released periodically, with certain themes. The next update will come shortly and update a few things, including a new Brain of Cthulhu sprite.",
    }
}
4. Now, create a new folder called "Content", now copy and paste the "Images" folder into the "Content" folder.
5. Folder structure should look like this
Code:
ResourcePacks
    └───calamity
            ├───pack.json
            └───Content
                └───Images
6. Now enable this texture pack. Go to main menu>Texture Packs > 2nd button

Absolute legend, for all having problems with the pack just follow this step by step guide, worked like a charm.

Hmm something might not be working now that I see it or maybe there's something I'm not aware of, loaded it normally but looks like it is not loading the assets of the pack, tried restarting the game and still nothing, not giving up though, I'm sure I'll find the answer 🤔

I can get the texture pack, but the trees are half textured and the sandstone building materials such as sandstone doors and chests and the like, are invisible I walked into one without realising. anyone know a fix or is that just something that will come in a later update?

Okay, i made a Hot_Fix for the pack, most of the things should be working now. this is not official, but this is great and playable in 1.4
There might still be things that arent fully working, but the most important things are. (though things like the new mowed grass doesent work since i havent realy made any textures, but just ported the old ones)

Download: Calamity 1.4 Fix

Capture.PNG
Capture2.PNG

Okay, i made a Hot_Fix for the pack, most of the things should be working now. this is not official, but this is great and playable in 1.4
There might still be things that arent fully working, but the most important things are. (though things like the new mowed grass doesent work since i havent realy made any textures, but just ported the old ones)

Download: Calamity 1.4 Fix

View attachment 274597View attachment 274598
thank you for creating 1.4 fix

Back
Top Bottom