Items The Chisel, A Tool For Adjacent Block Connection

Do you like this idea?

• Pointless to add.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not at all.

• Yes, but I want the chisel to be a unicorn in disguise.

• Total voters

FASTWAVE

Steampunker
THE CHISEL

So what is the chisel?

It is a tool used to connect and disconnect blocks. This can function in many ways and can be useful for many builds.

Some builds look better without connected blocks:

Credit to Modern Home Designs on
YouTube
And others with:
3dQRy-SC4Bo-mlYYy783FGtiWOANy7O3w9m-UHQn0_8.jpg

House made by MultipleEggs on Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Terraria/comments/3gm5d3/elaborate_wooden_house_20/

The chisel gives the ability of people to use best of both worlds and create nice and unique structures we couldn't do before.

RECIPE

The chisel should not be a late game item. I have a couple of ideas on how it should be crafted:

BASIC

6 iron and 2 wood at a work bench. That's it.

However I do have some other ideas:

NPC

The merchant can sell the chisel for 50 silver at any time.

LOOT

The chisel could be found in wooden or golden chests fairly commonly through the world.

USING THE CHISEL

The chisel is fairly simple to use. Click one side of a tile you want to connect or disconnect with the next tile. Simply, they will disconnect and clicking again will reconnect. Sort of like a hammer.

(And to clear up some confusion, when I mean connecting and disconnecting blocks, I mean not destroying the tile next to it, I mean removing or adding a border between two adjacent blocks)

WAIT, ISN'T THERE ANOTHER THREAD LIKE THIS SUGGESTING BLOCK CONNECTIONS?

Well that tread talks about certain blocks connecting or not connecting to others, not choosing to connect or not to connect. This tread does not touch on the topic of natural connection.

THREAD HERE: https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/make-adjacent-blocks-connect.37988/

CONCLUSION

This isn't a ground breaking suggestion, I know, however this subtle item can do a lot helping the building scene. :happy:

CLEAR UP A- The reason this isn't in the blocks and decoration section is because it is a tool and not a direct object, sort of like paint.

Attachments

• maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 136
I'm bumping this thread unceremoneously because I want these here gemspark blocks to not connect.
1609083079312.png

Back
Top Bottom