Story The Chronicles of Terraria

Grand Paladin Tyrux

Empress of Light
My name is Tyrux. I have had many titles over the years. Paladin of Purity. Champion of Terraria. Slayer of Worlds. You are reading this, because these are better times. Terraria is at peace. The wrath of light and dark is no more.

It was not always this way. My name is Tyrux. I am a Biome Paladin.

This is my story.

kdcROYP.png

Prologue

Our troops rounded the crest of the hill, and we looked down upon chaos. The armies of Light and Dark were locked in a deadly battle. Lihzahrd, corrupted, giant worms, unicorns, pixies, solar apparitions, beings of dark energy, hallowed knights, and many more creatures fought against each other in a battle to the death. I turned around, examining our own army, the forces of Purity. Humans, dryads, a few Merfolk, and even a Truffle. Horses, slimes, bunnies, and Vokul, a mighty wyvern, made up our mounted forces.

"You ready, Tyrux?" asked Emma, Paladin of Frost.

"As ready as I'll ever be." I replied, turning to glance at the other Paladins present, those of Ocean and Desert, Perseus and Horus.

Our armies charged into the fray.

I unsheathed my sword, the blade of the hero, and leaped upon Vokul as he darted into the sky, then swooped down upon the armies of Darkness. Sending out beams of purity energy from the blades tip, waves of corrupted warriors and massive worms fell. Taking to the sky yet again, we swooped down upon the army of Light, as I cut down any hallowed knights or Lihzahrd mages that got too close. Vokul roared a vicious battle cry, picked up a knight in his mouth, and swallowed him whole.

"Not too bad yourself." I said jokingly

"The knight was lucky. Not many are worthy of being devoured whole by Vokul." the wyvern growled.

We darted into the sky again, and I scanned the battlefield. The armies of Corruption were getting weaker, and the armies of Hallow were beginning to back off. The battle had been won.

Then the sky began to darken.

The air grew still.

Screams echoed across the plains.

"Du nus unsa'ra'a ghush sha ru'that ur Gugt, hianant." bellowed the incomprehensibly powerful Elder God that touched down onto the battlefield.

"Oh no." I whispered.

"Nugh, nx a'nx, gha thftaun shut ghu'ftg ru' Da'knatt!" shouted Cthulhu, God of the Moon, son of the Earth Goddess, lord of Darkness.

The armies of the Corrupted screamed in utter triumph, and charged. Cthulhu merely watched as his mere presence drove legions of warriors to madness, turning on their comrades and stabbing themselves. Those who didn't kill each other died regardless from the sheer intensity of the power coursing through them.

And then the sky began to brighten. And another Elder God descended from the heavens.

"CTHULHU! YOU SHALL ANSWER FOR YOUR CRIMES AGAINST THIS WORLD." echoed Ra, God of the Sun, younger son of the Earth Goddess, harbinger of Light.

"Ah, ft'usha'! Wa ha'a ftaan agnlathsung xuia. Tugax sha Aga ur sha Muun ftagunt." Cthulhu bellowed

And the armies of light began to resonate. They clashed against the armies of darkness once more in blinding flashes of solar energy.

Meanwhile, the armies of Purity were nearly defeated. A mere sixty or so warriors still remained, surrounded by the warring forces of light and dark. The two gods locked eyes. Cthulhu's eyes momentarily glowed a midnight purple, and a blade of darkness formed in his hands. Likewise, Ra brought forth a gleaming broadsword imbued with the wrath of the sun. And the two gods clashed.

From the moment their blades touched, Tyrux knew this was it. This would be the end of the Shadow War, one way or another. He swooped back down and dismounted from Vokul, joining his remaining forces.

"Vokul, get out of here. You're one of the last Wyvern's in Terraria, we can't afford to loose you."

"As you wish, Paladin." he replied, taking to the sky.

I turned back to my remaining forces. Emma, Horus and Perseus were battered, but alive. We had lost many, but we still stood, and that was all that mattered.

"So, anyone got any ideas?" asked Horus.

About to respond, Tyrux was interrupted by the massive explosion of energy emanating from the battlefield. Most of the army closest to the fighting, Tyrux included, were blasted off of their feet.

Then there was a shout.

"Cthulhu is dead!"

Tyrux and the other paladins turned towards the sight of the battle. Cthulhu's corpse hit the ground hard. It had been mutilated almost beyond recognition. Ra's body, on the other hand, was beginning to ascend. Scarred with countless wounds, it began to glow as bright as the sun itself, before showering upon the ground in the form of stardust.

The armies of light and dark looked upon the sight in horror.

The paladins looked upon the battle in triumph.

But their roles changed quickly.

A swirling mass of darkness rose from Cthulhu's corpse. It slowly began to take form.

"Du xuia shunk xuia than kuftft a gug!" bellowed the spirit, now a being of pure darkness.

In response, a glowing pink form began to take shape.

"DO YOU?" shouted the Spirit of Light.

And they clashed yet again.

"Tyrux, if we don't do something, everyone is going to die. Terraria is going to die." Emma said worriedly.

"But what can we do? We're fighting the Elder Gods!" replied the Paladin of Purity.

"We knew this day was going to come eventually! We need to stop them!" shouted Perseus.

And then a voice began to speak.

"My paladin. Find the ranger by the name of Andrew. He will know what to do."

Nobody else heard anything. I knew who had spoken.

"Hey, do we got anyone named Andrew here?"

A kid, maybe 16, stepped forward. He had short, messy blonde hair, a simple grey t-shirt, jeans, black sneakers, and a wooden bow slung across his back. A giant bunny hopped alongside him.

"Yeah, that's me." he replied.

"You know what to do."

He nodded, mounted his bunny, and took off towards the cover of the trees. I turn back towards our army.

"Alright people! We're going to give this everything we've got! I know our races are nearing extinction, I know we're fighting two gods in their purest forms, and I know that we have a good chance of dieing. But we won't, because we're Terrarian's, and we're stubborn! FOR THE PURITY!"

Our armies lunged into the fray yet again. My green slime, Slimey, leaps up to me and expands. I leap on, and join the charge.

The Hero's Sword cuts down warrior after warrior, worm after worm, unicorn after unicorn. The gods are far too preoccupied with fighting each other to directly attack the army, not that it mattered. Just as I beheaded another worm, I felt a presence. Turning towards the armies of darkness, I watched as they parted for a warrior wearing the armor of a Paladin, shining with a clean perfection, plated with the deep purple and fiery green colors of the Corruption.

"Dreadknight." I say, nodding my head, as I leaped off Slimey, and unsheathed my sword.

"Is that how you greet an old friend, Tyrux?" He lunged at me with his blade, a sword imbued with the wrath of night, water, grass and fire, and purified into its True form. Night's Edge.

I parried, and lunged at his legs. He moved to block what seemed to be an obvious counterattack, and instead I swung my sword high, smashing the blade against his shoulder and knocking him back. Moving quickly, he barely parried what would be a killing blow to the stomach.

"You've gotten stronger since we last met." he laughs.

"And you've gotten more arrogant." I reply simply. I lunged at him yet again, but my strike was blocked by a beam of light energy.

"Quite the reunion, isn't it?" chuckles King Arthur, Paladin of the Hallow, as he dismounted from his unicorn and unsheathed his weapon, Excalibur

"Hello, Arthur." said the Dreadknight. "Long time, no see."

"Likewise." he laughed. "Now then, who wants to die first?"

The simple duel of blades quickly became a battle for survival. The three swords of Light, Darkness and Purity clashed again and again, with nobody gaining the upper hand. Eventually, the Dreadknight delivered a mighty blow to Arthur, knocking him to the ground, as he brought up his blade for the killing blow.

"Not this time, I'm afraid." he said smiling, as he pulled out a glowing rod and vanished into a cloud of hallowed dust.

The Dreadknight spun around towards me. I met his strike, parried another, and leaped out of the way of a powerful blast of Cursed Flames. Bringing down my sword to his helmet, he crumpled to the ground.

"Goodbye, old friend." I muttered to myself. Emma approached me. "I think whatever Andrew did must have worked!" she shouted suddenly.

The battle frOZE. Everyone turnED towards the two raging spirits, screaming in pain as they are sucked into the earth and beyond.

"Yuia ghuftft lax ru' xuia' ftas'axaft, Hagat!" screamed Cthulhu, as the two spirits vanished completely.

There was silence. My expression turned from awe to horror, as I looked down upon the glowing purple blade emerging from my chest. As I collapsed, the last thing I saw was Andrew, running up to me, crouching over me...

"What should I do?"

"You will stay. I will keep him safe. When the time is right, he will return. You must guide him."

"We all depend on it."

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom