OOC The City of Light

Mandrake167

Terrarian
This is a sort of "interest" thread for a roleplay that I want to make. Please create a character, and when I have enough participants, I'll make the IC
The roleplay takes place in Faulderium, better known as the City of Light. In this world that it takes place, it sits as the centerpiece of everything. It is where the most magical and knowledge advancements have occured, where the most successful businesses take their root. Very recently, eight magical weapons have been assembled in the library of knowledge, with only one missing, held in the hands of what society calls "evil." You, and the rest of your friends have been tasked with retrieving the final weapon to complete the set, however you choose to. Or you could choose to betray the centerpiece of society and stand with evil on its conquest to attempt to retrieve the other eight weapons.

Here's the character sheet. Please note that all characters must be human, and as such, this is not a Terraria RP.

Name: (Pick a name! Any name! A cool name, a meaningful name, whatever floats your boat!)
Age: (Make it make sense in the context of your character)
Alignment: (Dungeons and Dragons alignment. I'll make a quick explanation. You will be expected to act in character of the alignment you choose)
  • Lawful Good: You uphold the standard of good while falling in the threshold of tradition. You are virtuous, principled, and would uphold what's right. This is the best alignment because it is the traditional hero. An example of a lawful good character is Superman.
  • Neutral Good: You uphold the standard of good by whatever means possible, whether or not that falls within tradition or not. What matters to you is that you do what's right. This is the best alignment because it represents a true want to do good. An example of a neutral good character is Gandolf
  • Chaotic Good: You uphold what's right, but you reject tradition while doing so. It matters not what people think of you-- a liar, a cheat, a fraud, or whatever. What matters is that you always do what's right, even if people disagree on your means to do it. This is the best alignment because it represents the freedom to truly do good no matter what society thinks of you. An example of a chaotic good character is the real life Anonymous network. They work to do what they believe is right, even as society sometimes thinks of them as criminals
  • Lawful Neutral: Simply put, you uphold tradition. You are virtuous, zealous, principled, but you don't always act for good. However, you don't always act in favor of evil either. This is the best alignment because it doesn't hold you to act in favor of good or evil, only to act with princple.
  • True Neutral: There are two types of traditionally accepted True Neutral interpretations. I will accept both. One is someone who simply acts balanced. A good trait is offset by an evil trait. A lawful trait is offset by a chaotic trait. Or, the second option is that you don't act on principle, rather there is something else guiding you. True instinct perhaps, or perhaps money. True neutrals are the best alignment because they are hold the most possibility. An example of a true neutral character is Han Solo, who does things for money.
  • Chaotic Neutral: Screw what society or the worlds, or even the gods want. A chaotic neutral will do whatever their heart desires. Betray, help, kill, support. It matters not to them how good or evil they are. Chaotic neutral is the best alignment because you get to do wacky crap that you usually wouldn't get away with in society.
  • Lawful Evil: You kill, plunder, oppress, cheat, or do otherwise evil things, with one caveat. You uphold yourself to some sort of standard, which makes it somewhat right for you. For example, you may be a thief that only steals from the rich. Or you may be a serial killer that doesn't kill children. Lawful evil is the best alignment because it represents destruction along with redeeming qualities. An example of a lawful evil character is Darth Vader, or perhaps one of those church leaders that oppresses others using what they might call God's will.
  • Neutral Evil: Whatever you do, it's evil. It doesn't have to necessarily be with redeeming qualities or without. You simply do what you want, and it is something that is evil. You kill, pillage, plunder, cheat without a second glance. Neutral evil is the best alignment because you get to play a character that is truly evil without being off the charts crazy.
  • Chaotic Evil: A chaotic evil person wishes to spread chaos in any way possible. They kill, cheap, plunder, and do all sorts evil with the goal of causing destruction, grief, loss, or whatever negative consequence. This is the best alignment because it is one where the character truly just wants to see the world burn. An obvious example is Joker.
Personality: (At least 5-7 bulletpoints or a well thought out paragraph of at least five sentences. You must have one character strength and one character weakness)
Appearance: (You can choose a picture as a faceclaim or describe it out. If you choose to use your avatar as your faceclaim, which is highly not recommended, please attach it so that you still have the freedom of changing your avatar in the future without screwing up the character sheet)
Balance: (I'm taking a page out of Simease's book. The stats are strength, magic, magical resistance, defense, speed, and luck. You may customize your character by giving a strength in a certain stat, but it must all balance out. For example, I could have a character with ++str +mag -mag res -defense -speed)
Backstory: (How did you get here? At least two paragraphs)
Magicks: (Yes, we have magic! This will usually be combat based magic. Make it realistic.)
Abilities: (Nonmagical abilities. Between magicks and abilities, you should have no more than five bulletpoints. You don't need to have both abilities and magicks if you want)
Weapons: (No magical weapons for now. Just a mundane weapon please)
Theme Song: (Optional)

Please note that in this rp every action has consequences, leading up to your character's death. That being said, there will be much more freedom. Also, I expect at least a one paragraph post in IC when it is made. Feel free to send me a message if you have any questions.

Last edited:
It's because it never started. It never took off the ground. It's one of the rps that died before it actually got started.

Back
Top Bottom