IC The Corruption: A Geometry Dash Roleplay!

Cubic.

The Destroyer
((It's done. A couple hours and the IC has launched. Thank you for your unwavering support.))
((To create or edit a character, or chat out of character, or read the Nightly Reports (Catch-Up Logs basically), go to the Character Editor.))

I leap out of my Ship, and land in front of the CCR post I reside at. It's one of the biggest posts with a huge, heavily populated quarantine and lots of high ranking CCR folk. Smiling, I enter humanoid form and open the door.

"I'm back, everyone. How are the patients? Have we made any progress in curing the Corruption?"

((The answer is no.))

*I’m in robot form* I don’t believe we’ve made any progress. The patients are... um... why don’t I just show you?

"no progress has been made. the medical team is... uh..."
you can hear a chair getting YEETed
"not too happy about that."

(To Jmill)
*sigh* "I get it. They just get crazier and crazier when we try. Let them be for now, meds might be driving them nuts somehow. If only they could tell us, but I doubt a lot of them are even willing to voice their problems anymore."

(Hearing Dart)
I look in Dart's direction.

"Hold up, did the wave just throw a chair!?"

I run in the direction of the lounge.

You see a yellow triangle, angrily screeching something. you cant tell what he's screeching about, but you can tell that he's not corrupted
I eventually catch up to you
"hey... maybe they have their own language. what if we made attempts at translating their language, if one exists?"

"Sure. Also Dart, can you please calm down? We don't need any more chaos ater the incident with Potbor getting out of quarantine."

"right, ill get started on going through audio transcripts"
"...ok, fine. as you can probably guess, cure 57 didint work. that was the one i proposed."
"the one involving using music?"
"yea, that one. what worries me is that if this a substrain of the corruption that the new fresh had when he attacked paradise, the only solution may be to engage in direct... well, i wouldnt exactly call it 'combat', but we may need to do exactly what we did back in the day when the new fresh attacked."
"that would be bad. as agile as i am, its only thanks to my void abilities. i dont really do pure evasion very well"
((woa, dart not cursing every 5 seconds?))

*I walk over* I don’t think we need to cause anymore chaos.

Jevil: CHAOS, CHAOS!
"That's what I just said."

I notice Jevil

"WHAT IN THE-"

You hear the crash sound. Rest in pieces, Bubby Aurora, you were wonderful and you will be missed. *insert crab rave here*
"right, ill get started on going through audio transcripts"
"...ok, fine. as you can probably guess, cure 57 didint work. that was the one i proposed."
"the one involving using music?"
"yea, that one. what worries me is that if this a substrain of the corruption that the new fresh had when he attacked paradise, the only solution may be to engage in direct... well, i wouldnt exactly call it 'combat', but we may need to do exactly what we did back in the day when the new fresh attacked."
"that would be bad. as agile as i am, its only thanks to my void abilities. i dont really do pure evasion very well"
((woa, dart not cursing every 5 seconds?))
"Wait, getting huge white spikes and making magic effects with them? I tried that myself. None of the patients gave a frick."

"...what? no that was cure 29."
"ok, i have the translation project running as a sub-process."
"are you sure its a good idea to directly use your own system for this?"
"look, its a 5000-1 chance of me not getting infected by this"
"well, yes, sure, YOU are immune to the virus, but what about if this somehow creates a cybernetic version of the virus? what then?"
"...you do have a point. however, my own parts can run it twice as fast as any computer could. plus, using a different computer means that me getting infected is only delayed by like... well, actually im not sure how long it would take before it learns how to bypass security"

*I switch to cube form* I’m surprised I haven’t contracted this so called “Corruption”. I mean, I’ve beaten 6 demons! I CAN DO ANYTHING!

*I switch to cube form* I’m surprised I haven’t contracted this so called “Corruption”. I mean, I’ve beaten 6 demons! I CAN DO ANYTHING!
"Skill is nothing when it comes to the Corrupted. There are folk who've beaten hundreds of demons who are corrupted. That doesn't matter- from my research, it seems to be transferred through cutting attacks like a bite or scratch.."
"...what? no that was cure 29."
"ok, i have the translation project running as a sub-process."
"are you sure its a good idea to directly use your own system for this?"
"look, its a 5000-1 chance of me not getting infected by this"
"well, yes, sure, YOU are immune to the virus, but what about if this somehow creates a cybernetic version of the virus? what then?"
"...you do have a point. however, my own parts can run it twice as fast as any computer could. plus, using a different computer means that me getting infected is only delayed by like... well, actually im not sure how long it would take before it learns how to bypass security"
"are you trying to run the corruption as a program. Stop. That won't work."

"no, i have a neuralnet running in the background. what its doing is examining every audio file we have and comparing them with other audio files in an attempt to come up with a basic translation software. Dart here seems to think that this will give birth to a computer virus that has mostly the same effects as the physical virus"

"Skill is nothing when it comes to the Corrupted. There are folk who've beaten hundreds of demons who are corrupted. That doesn't matter- from my research, it seems to be transferred through cutting attacks like a bite or scratch.."
Ah ok. I’m pretty proud of myself, but I don’t brag about it. I know people who’ve beaten over a thousand demons.

"no, i have a neuralnet running in the background. what its doing is examining every audio file we have and comparing them with other audio files in an attempt to come up with a basic translation software. Dart here seems to think that this will give birth to a computer virus that has mostly the same effects as the physical virus"
"Hm... A lot of the more similar-looking patients have similar-sounding vocalizations, but not all patients have the same vocalizations. It may be more of just animalistic sounds than a language."
Ah ok. I’m pretty proud of myself, but I don’t brag about it. I know people who’ve beaten over a thousand demons.
"Then again, there are folk who can't even find any to play. Like myself. I had a dream about one and I've seen some on YouTube, but that's it."

((That's actually my experience with GD demons.))

((Oof. I don’t have a channel, but you should have seen my reaction to when I beat the chaos gauntlet. I was raging hard at this levels))

Hey, once you get the chance to try a demon, it’ll be fun. Really helps you improve. I can say from experience, as a clearer of 6 demons as well as the chaos gauntlet.

"I prefer the mind challenge of playing stuff with mind-breaking special effects, some of which have so much light that you're literally blind throughout half the level. However, I cannot manage the guts to even go near Lostlocked after seeing the YouTube video 'The Four Deadlockeds' and quickly closing my browser when I saw that horrifying square thing."

Suddenly, the phone rings.

"I'll get it."

I pick up the phone.

"Bubby Aurora, Corruption Containment and Research agent. How may I help yo- hey, calm down! You sound like you've just beaten a horror level! ...wait, there's Corrupted in Lostlocked? Of COURSE there's corrupted in Lostlocked. It had to be Lostlocked. I-I'll inform the others."

I hang up, inhale, and scream so loud you can hear me from the other side of the building.

((You're in the same room as me))

You see me screaming in utter horror at seemingly nothing.

Back
Top Bottom