NPCs & Enemies The Cosmic Cataclysm: A take on post Moon Lord Boss Rush content

Love this!
Whilst I love the fact that ML is the final boss, I do appreciate having a stream of superbosses to use my top-tier weapons on, as otherwise there's nothing more to fight, really
Supported! :)

You should probably elaborate a bit more on the bosses. Do they have any new attacks? What are their attacks? Is the Cosmic Conglomeration able to kill NPCs? Is there new music? Other than that, yeah Partial Support until elaboration.

The design and color choices seem very inspired from League of Legends. I cant point out exactly why though. ( You're signature also kinda gave it away i guess)
Still a brilliant suggestion, its a shame that anything like this likely wont be implemented into vanilla Terraria, though a man can dream.

Perfect . Many teleport the player to the right biom and give them like 15 secs between each boss when they teleport

What a gorgeous suggestion. These sprites are breathtakingly beautiful, but I also really appreciate how creative you were with the designs. The Queen Bee, Skeletron, the Wall of Flesh, and Golem especially are brilliant in how you created creatures that evoke them without really resembling them at all. A lot of these bosses didn't translate well to your theme, but by golly did you pull it off.

Great idea. The sprites are incredible. The name and the design reminds me of Calamity. But it does not matter.

These sprites are absolutely gorgous, I lovr the cosmic theme, and the fact that you went out of your way to create versions, of almost every boss is insane! In my opinion this is the one time I've ever seen sprites that look better than Calamity Mods best sprites. Holy Crap you outdid yourself! Great Job, a climactic and fitting end to Terraria.

THE
fZxkeYU.png

a post Moon Lord expansion concept

PH6s7BA.png

At last, after a grueling battle, the Moon Lord falls, exploding into a shower of light and loot. These items are amazingly flashy, supremely powerful and... rather useless? You've already faced everything Terraria has to throw at you, so where would these godly new tools shine? As you stop to ponder, you are suddenly filled with an inexplicable sense of dread. You can't help but feel that by ending the Moon Lord, you've unleashed an even darker horror upon the world. Something big is coming.

Here's my attempt at giving the player something to do after defeating the Moon Lord in the shape of a cosmic themed Boss Rush event, taking them through one final gauntlet of upgraded versions of the bosses we all know and love. Please note that the thread is heavy WIP!

PH6s7BA.png

As the Moon Lord is defeated, the
YBLCDkx.png
Cosmic Cultist will appear in your town at the next midnight. She acts somewhat like the Traveling Merchant, in the sense that she doesn't need an empty house to spawn. Unlike the TM, however, she won't despawn at the end of the day, instead prefering to hang around until the player makes use of her services.

The Cultist herself offers little explanation for her presence or additional information; when spoken to, she will simply state "They have nearly arrived." Other than 'exit', she offers the player the option to 'Begin'. Once the player clicks it, the Cultist will despawn, the skies will turn bright and full of nebulous stars, and, after 30 seconds (giving the player enough time to head to their arena of preference), the event will begin.

This would be a classic Boss Rush; as soon as you defeat a boss, the next one spawns after a roughly 10 sec delay. If the player dies or quits the game, the event immediately and unsuccesfully ends, and the player must wait for the Cosmic Cultist to respawn at midnight in order to reattempt it. The bosses don't drop any new items, simply posing as a final challenge for the player to test out their endgame build.

PH6s7BA.png

GHLzeEx.png

PRIMORDIAL GOO
A drop of the matter that was when nothing could be, it has grown to calamitous proportions over the eons. It only has one purpose: assimilate.

uNMonFD.png

ELDRITCH HORROR
In the deepest reaches of space, it festers, its blackness darker than the brightest star.

unhL7eu.png

DEVOURING MAW
Its hunger knows no bounds. Always full, but never fulfilled, it slithers among the stars in search for a fitting feast.

6Q5aUGk.png

THE ARCHMIND
As its many eyes peer off into the void, it drifts slowly, surrounded by the mangled debris of once living planetoids.

jFVnwRe.png

QUASAR DUCHESS
A fluttering of wings, or the deathwail of a fading sun? The ruthless Duchess marches onward.

nd0hddT.png

COSMIC REAVER
Its appendages can easily spread across galaxies... and just as simply crush them to dust, as well.

VXmPI8w.png

NEBULOUS CONGLOMERATE
A grotesque mass of space dwelling creatures, thrashing desperately in the depths of the abyss. It hungers.

ukNzA2a.png

PULSAR GROWTH
Its writhing limbs are stronger than any gravitational pull. It hides in the dark side of moons, quietly observing the great expansion.

Cl0YvXj.png

APSIC GIANT
Far, far away from the light of any star, it absorbs the void, growing ever darker and stronger.

bRU2LJd.png

DAUGHTER OF HYPERNOVA
It swims from galaxy to galaxy, graceful yet terrifying in its godlike speed. Legends say it races against rays of light for its own entertainment.

pk97tRS.png

SHARD OF ZENITH
One who left behind everything to ascend among the stars. Its appearance predicts the coming of forces impossible to comprehend.

NgRbMtU.png

THE END

As it was, so it will be.

~details n the rest coming soon~

PH6s7BA.png
I love this idea, and the sprites are beautiful! But, for the devouring maw and archmind, would they spawn depending on what kind of world you are in, or would they both spawn? Also, are you planning to do alternate to the mechanical bosses, or are you already working on that?:)

awesome spritework, although i hope the fights arent just clones of vanilla fights but with more hp

THE
fZxkeYU.png

a post Moon Lord expansion concept

PH6s7BA.png

But the lorrrrrrre!!!

At last, after a grueling battle, the Moon Lord falls, exploding into a shower of light and loot. These items are amazingly flashy, supremely powerful and... rather useless? You've already faced everything Terraria has to throw at you, so where would these godly new tools shine? As you stop to ponder, you are suddenly filled with an inexplicable sense of dread. You can't help but feel that by ending the Moon Lord, you've unleashed an even darker horror upon the world. Something big is coming.

Here's my attempt at giving the player something to do after defeating the Moon Lord in the shape of a cosmic themed Boss Rush event, taking them through one final gauntlet of upgraded versions of the bosses we all know and love. Please note that the thread is heavy WIP!

PH6s7BA.png

As the Moon Lord is defeated, the
YBLCDkx.png
Cosmic Cultist will appear in your town at the next midnight. She acts somewhat like the Traveling Merchant, in the sense that she doesn't need an empty house to spawn. Unlike the TM, however, she won't despawn at the end of the day, instead prefering to hang around until the player makes use of her services.

The Cultist herself offers little explanation for her presence or additional information; when spoken to, she will simply state "They have nearly arrived." Other than 'exit', she offers the player the option to 'Begin'. Once the player clicks it, the Cultist will despawn, the skies will turn bright and full of nebulous stars, and, after 30 seconds (giving the player enough time to head to their arena of preference), the event will begin.

This would be a classic Boss Rush; as soon as you defeat a boss, the next one spawns after a roughly 10 sec delay. If the player dies or quits the game, the event immediately and unsuccesfully ends, and the player must wait for the Cosmic Cultist to respawn at midnight in order to reattempt it. The bosses don't drop any new items, simply posing as a final challenge for the player to test out their endgame build.

PH6s7BA.png

GHLzeEx.png

PRIMORDIAL GOO
A drop of the matter that was when nothing could be, it has grown to calamitous proportions over the eons. It only has one purpose: assimilate.

uNMonFD.png

ELDRITCH HORROR
In the deepest reaches of space, it festers, its blackness darker than the brightest star.

unhL7eu.png

DEVOURING MAW
Its hunger knows no bounds. Always full, but never fulfilled, it slithers among the stars in search for a fitting feast.

6Q5aUGk.png

THE ARCHMIND
As its many eyes peer off into the void, it drifts slowly, surrounded by the mangled debris of once living planetoids.

jFVnwRe.png

QUASAR DUCHESS
A fluttering of wings, or the deathwail of a fading sun? The ruthless Duchess marches onward.

nd0hddT.png

COSMIC REAVER
Its appendages can easily spread across galaxies... and just as simply crush them to dust, as well.

VXmPI8w.png

NEBULOUS CONGLOMERATE
A grotesque mass of space dwelling creatures, thrashing desperately in the depths of the abyss. It hungers.

ukNzA2a.png

PULSAR GROWTH
Its writhing limbs are stronger than any gravitational pull. It hides in the dark side of moons, quietly observing the great expansion.

Cl0YvXj.png

APSIC GIANT
Far, far away from the light of any star, it absorbs the void, growing ever darker and stronger.

bRU2LJd.png

DAUGHTER OF HYPERNOVA
It swims from galaxy to galaxy, graceful yet terrifying in its godlike speed. Legends say it races against rays of light for its own entertainment.

pk97tRS.png

SHARD OF ZENITH
One who left behind everything to ascend among the stars. Its appearance predicts the coming of forces impossible to comprehend.

NgRbMtU.png

THE END

As it was, so it will be.

~details n the rest coming soon~

PH6s7BA.png

This has potential. However this could very easily crash and burn. The boss stats cannot be to high because of how many bosses there are.

I like this idea a lot, but there is one huge problem. It is a boss rush, if these bosses fit how they seem, this will be impossible. If these were seprate bosses and they had realistic stats I would give my support.

This suggestion seems to much like a mod to be in vanilla.

Just so you know, I only make messages this long or thought through for things that need lots of improvment or that I like. In this case it is the later.

Back
Top Bottom