The Crimson Minipack - Better Crimson Textures

Updated the texture pack. Zoomo was kind enough to supply me with Titan Chest Mimic animations, so re-download the latest version unless you want Underworld Mimics to be extremely easy to spot.

Since this is a texture pack to improve the Crimson, why not also fix some of the worse sprites for the Crimson, not just the out of place Corruption stuff? For instance the Crimeras.
After all, doesn't this
Crimera Improved.gif
look so much better than this
Crimera Disproved.gif
?
NPC_173.png

Since this is a texture pack to improve the Crimson, why not also fix some of the worse sprites for the Crimson, not just the out of place Corruption stuff? For instance the Crimeras.
After all, doesn't this View attachment 8608 look so much better than this View attachment 8607 ?
Whether it's better or worse is debatable. Some people prefer dark, heavier outlines, while others don't. Overall, your looks a bit bulkier and basic in contrast to the original, and I wouldn't say it's actually an improvement.

All in all, since this doesn't fit with the theme of the texture pack (which is centered around changing Corruption-themed entities present in Crimson worlds to fit in better), and since the improvement you propose is questionable, I will have to decline.

Whether it's better or worse is debatable. Some people prefer dark, heavier outlines, while others don't. Overall, your looks a bit bulkier and basic in contrast to the original, and I wouldn't say it's actually an improvement.

All in all, since this doesn't fit with the theme of the texture pack (which is centered around changing Corruption-themed entities present in Crimson worlds to fit in better), and since the improvement you propose is questionable, I will have to decline.
All right. I suppose it is a matter of opinion. :sigh:

Using this now, My main world is Crimson, so its really cool to have a red Nights Edge to represent the blood butcher I sacrificed to make it.

Works very well. 10/10

Does it change the names of the items? I am not very familiar with texture packs and such. If so, awesome! If not, it's a bit of a shame. But this still contains wonderful sprites.

Back
Top Bottom