Biomes & Nature The Cursed Dungeon.

Burnscars

Fire Bad
I started to imagine how a mix of dungeon and crimson music would sound and this idea hit me like a ton of bricks. What would pink, blue, or green dungeon brick/walls look like if they were infected with hallow, corruption, or crimson? What new enemies could appear?

I thought it would be nice for Fishron's death-squeal to cast a curse on the dungeon. Perhaps it could even be a post-Moonlord event. Upon defeating Lord Fishron/Moonlord you could get the pop-up "The Dungeon is Cursed...AGAIN"

This would add another level of fun for people who like to use the Clentaminator, and could offer post-fishron gear to segway into the cultist end game, or an intensely over-powered and deadly post-moonlord variety of biomes.

I imagine the themes to be something like this;

New and even more annoying teleporting skeletons! All new skeletons will continue to attack even if damaged, and all cast a damaging AoE where they appear.

A corrupt dungeon could have large worms made of vertebrae with a human skull for a head.
Purple, smoking skeletons that spit a debuffing green acid/fire. Some possible names; Eater of Smoke, Searing Seer, Ender Mage

A crimson dungeon could offer spiders with skulls for abdomens that crawl at high speeds.
Red, bloody skeletons that spit debuffing yellow ichor. Some possible names; Bloody Bones, Vomitron, Meat Mage

A hallowed dungeon could have a large, tanky skeletal unicorn that barfs rainbows at you.
Pink, glowing skeletons that attack like Bone Lee and teleport. Some possible names; Holy Ghost, Chaos Ninja, Telepoltergiest

An upgraded Paladin, called a Champion, would have biome-themed armor and glowing weapons, like throwing large purple hammers for corruption, large red axes for crimson, and large swords for hallow. The champion could be a source for several new item drops, like the new skulls.

Some possible new loot;
cursed drops in corrupt dungeon, bloody drops in crimson, and haunted drops in hallowed areas.
Material Drops - Cursed Bones, Bloody Bones, Haunted Bones
Accessories - Cursed Skull, Bloody Skull, Haunted Skull
Weapons;
-Vampire Bats (crimson), a "batarang" style ninja star similar to Vampire Knives. Always fires a fan of five projectiles that "stick" to surfaces they strike, causing damage to mobs that touch them.
-Skeletron Staff (corruption), summons transparent flying skulls to fight for you that pass through walls and target enemies like the Stardust Dragon. No glow.
-Illuminated Fist, a glove that casts a more powerful, longer-lasting Magnet Sphere that bounces off walls.

New crafted items-Cursed armor set, Bloody Armor set, Haunted Armor set, Bundle of Bones (made from all three skulls)

The stats aren't as important as the concepts. Yes some of the ideas sound OP, which is the intent.

I realize this concept could also apply to the Lizahrd Temple, with adjustments to the types of enemies that appear, and it seems to be in line with Megamage314's "Save the Jungle" thread found HERE.

All in all it's a half hearted concept because I don't want to go farm for more imaginary junk for my character to collect, but rather would like to see biomes that frankly rape/punish the hasty player who refused to prepare/build/edit his Lizahrd Temple/Dungeon with the time they had pre-Duke Fishron or pre-Moonlord. I am much more interested in what music and sprite art one may encounter.

A "horrible person" should suffer consequences for opening pandora's box, so to speak, and if the Corruption or Crimson are any indication of what the blood of gods do to the landscape, then slaying a beast like Fishron or scattering the Moonlord's corpse upon the world might have a side effect or two...perhaps as serious as a voodoo sacrifice.

Back
Top Bottom