Biomes & Nature The Depression: A Land of Sadness (Alt. Corruption)

Do you like this suggestion?

• Totally!!

Votes: 35 58.3%
  • It's ok, But not the best (explain why)

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • Definitely Not!

Votes: 5 8.3%
  • Rainbows!?

Votes: 14 23.3%

• Total voters
I don't think we need another alternate corruption. We already have the crimson. I don't hate the idea, i just think the developers beat you to the punch with the crimson.

I don't think we need another alternate corruption. We already have the crimson. I don't hate the idea, i just think the developers beat you to the punch with the crimson.
Somewhere in the op I wrote that this was not meant to be added. I only made it to test my creativity. Thanks for not hating it :)

great tear loot?

Pathmaker.png

PATHMAKER
Intended as a shotgun used in a suicide.
Fires 5 shots for 1 ammo, in a 70 degree area. 7 damage.
The musket is a nice sniper weapon, undertaker for speed, and this gives you a shotgun. Try shooting your way out, mix things up a bit.
has a slow or maybe normal speed.

apathy.png

APATHY
Always comes back.
Fast, 18 damage (melee)

Acid Bolt.png

Acid Bolt
Re-colored old magic missile. 12 mana, 22 damage. Controllable. Kinda slow-moving projectile.
Not sure it fits theme, but the name is from D&D (like magic missile) and it's basically magic missile here (yes, I know that's not how acid bolt works; So what?)

heart of hope.png

Heart of Hope
Even in the darkness, there is hope. And this item gives +50 HP, useful even into hardmode.
I can see some interesting combos with this. Charm of Hope (with charm of myths)? click, NICE.

Didn't do a great tear coz... idunno. Might add summoning items, i did make a thread about summoning weapons for crimson hearts and shadow orbs.

You don't have to use these, just made them for a bit of fun eh, but you can if you want.

great tear loot?

View attachment 73671
PATHMAKER
Intended as a shotgun used in a suicide.
Fires 5 shots for 1 ammo, in a 70 degree area. 7 damage.
The musket is a nice sniper weapon, undertaker for speed, and this gives you a shotgun. Try shooting your way out, mix things up a bit.
has a slow or maybe normal speed.

View attachment 73665
APATHY
Always comes back.
Fast, 18 damage (melee)

View attachment 73668
Acid Bolt
Re-colored old magic missile. 12 mana, 22 damage. Controllable. Kinda slow-moving projectile.
Not sure it fits theme, but the name is from D&D (like magic missile) and it's basically magic missile here (yes, I know that's not how acid bolt works; So what?)

View attachment 73670
Heart of Hope
Even in the darkness, there is hope. And this item gives +50 HP, useful even into hardmode.
I can see some interesting combos with this. Charm of Hope (with charm of myths)? click, NICE.

Didn't do a great tear coz... idunno. Might add summoning items, i did make a thread about summoning weapons for crimson hearts and shadow orbs.

You don't have to use these, just made them for a bit of fun eh, but you can if you want.
I have most of the Great Tear drops planned out, But this does give me a couple of ideas.

I have some fishing ideas, because I love me some fishing loot ;)

Prehardmode Weapon - The Painkiller
- 24 Throwing Damage
- Fast Speed
- 6% Critical Strike Chance
- Weak Knockback
- It's a throwing weapon, it fires a spread of 3 pill-shaped projectiles that has a 5% chance of inflicting Slowness.

Hardmode Weapon - Last Words
- 57 Melee Damage
- Snail Speed
- 55% Critical Strike Chance
- Very Weak Knockback
- Has the range of Large Shortsword. If an enemy is hit with it, it fires a spirit knife that homes onto the nearest enemy (can home onto the same enemy if the enemy isn't dead). Also inflicts slowness, Ethereal Tears, and Blackout.

Everything else is great!
10/10
(also not you don't have to put these in, this is just a suggestion)

I have some fishing ideas, because I love me some fishing loot ;)

Prehardmode Weapon - The Painkiller
- 24 Throwing Damage
- Fast Speed
- 6% Critical Strike Chance
- Weak Knockback
- It's a throwing weapon, it fires a spread of 3 pill-shaped projectiles that has a 5% chance of inflicting Slowness.

Hardmode Weapon - Last Words
- 57 Melee Damage
- Snail Speed
- 55% Critical Strike Chance
- Very Weak Knockback
- Has the range of Large Shortsword. If an enemy is hit with it, it fires a spirit knife that homes onto the nearest enemy (can home onto the same enemy if the enemy isn't dead). Also inflicts slowness, Ethereal Tears, and Blackout.

Everything else is great!
10/10
(also not you don't have to put these in, this is just a suggestion)
Thank you for the suggestions! I will be sure to add some of them. :)

I was making an alternate corruption called the Depression too, with sprites. I had some very similar enemies to yours, and I had a Crystal tear, like your Great Tears. Here is the sprite I made, and if you want to use it, just tell me!:happy: Also I threw together a sprite of gloom and doom and it is also here:
31f1b045-2717-11e9-9505-ab22bf17e62e.gif
b0c04138-2717-11e9-bff9-ab22bf17e62e.gif

Last edited:
This biome's pretty cool. Reminds me of myself on bad days.
Ideas:
Ethereal Torch
Info: Crafted from Torches and Ethereal Tears. Alternates between sky blue and indigo light.

Woeful Bullets/Arrows
Info: Crafted from Musket Balls/Wooden Arrows and Ethereal Tears. Inflicts Ethereal Tears.

Salt Crusher
Info: Dropped rarely by the Wail, Gloomslime, and (possessed weapon enemy). Turns 2 Depressed Stone blocks into a Salt Block.

Melancholizer 5000
Info: Purchased from the Steampunker in worlds generated with Depression. Used to craft Salt furniture.

I could do some sprites if you want, as i just got aseprite and want to test it out, and im semi expirienced in pixel art.

Problem with Gloom and Doom is that we basically need multiple segments of the boss or minions so that the boss is able to drop some of the resources you need even without defeating it. Because that is kinda how both the Corruption and Crimson operate.

Back
Top Bottom