Video The Destroyer Vs... Ball O' Hurt!?!

Darkstar01

Official Terrarian
Back when I was creating my "Destroying the Destroyer" Steam guide, I tested the Dao of Pow to see if leaving a ball and chain lying on the ground would have good DPS against the Destroyer. Sure enough, the Destroyer dragged its segments through the ball rapidly, dealing high damage to itself. I wanted to try the Sunfury next, since that's a pre-hardmode weapon, and given that I was searching for a plethora of methods to kill the Destroyer, something so bold interested me.

However, anticipating victory, I decided to work my way up from the bottom, instead of down from the top. Each time a flail failed, I would use the next weakest one, starting with the Ball O' Hurt (chain knife doesn't really count, IMO). I hadn't found any recording software that gave a stable framerate on my weak laptop at the time, and so I couldn't record that. But now, armed with stable recording software and a Ball O' Hurt, I challenge the Destroyer once again...

This is insane.....I'm even more suprised that it even worked too. Great job on this!

So, when come's the Copper Shortsword version? :p

Never thought of using the Ball O' Hurt for anything. I always thought it was useless.
Great video btw! :)

Never thought of using the Ball O' Hurt for anything. I always thought it was useless.
So did I... which is exactly why I wanted to see if I could kill the Destroyer with it! Poor guy just can't catch a break...
This is insane.....I'm even more suprised that it even worked too. Great job on this!

So, when come's the Copper Shortsword version? :p
I bet it could be done with Copper Shortsword... but the Orichalcum armor set bonus would have to do most of the damage.
I have killed the Destroyer with 99% of the damage coming from the Orichalcum petals by using a minishark (which deals 1 damage to it) to trigger the petal effect. However, the rate of attack on that is way higher than Copper Shortsword, and it doesn't require tanking due to its longer range. I might actually consider trying it with Copper Shortsword if people don't mind the fact that the shortsword would only be used to activate the petal effect. The sword's atrocious range and lack of auto-swing might actually make it challenging. Might...
(and yes I'm aware that you were joking)

Back
Top Bottom