Blocks & Decoration The Drawing Station (making wire craftable)

What do you think?

• Love it! Definitely useful, as well as cool!

• Seems cool, could be useful.

• Eh... not really sure.

• Not terrible, but needs some work.

• This isn't really all that useful or interesting.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I like this. :dryadsmile: Full support.

I like the idea of a wall-hanging crafting station. Would prefer if it gave more wire per bar, though...
Given the size of the machine having it hang on a wall isn't really that realistic IMO. :)

I don't want to increase it anymore as wires sell for 1 silver each while bars only sell for 1.5 silver. Therefore you can make a huge profit rather quickly if it crafts more than 2 wire per bar. Though you can't buy copper so it's fine to have it craft a few per bar.

Given the size of the machine having it hang on a wall isn't really that realistic IMO. :)

I don't want to increase it anymore as wires sell for 1 silver each while bars only sell for 1.5 silver. Therefore you can make a huge profit rather quickly if it crafts more than 2 wire per bar. Though you can't buy copper so it's fine to have it craft a few per bar.
Oh oh, I was reffering to @Ilmarinen 's suggestion about the drawing clamps and dies.

A floor station would work, too.

Making wire post-plantera

Why?
Pretty sure I stated the two main reasons :)
  1. No point in wasting money on it
  2. It gives an end game use for copper/tin that isn't purely aesthetic :)
Though I would prefer it to simply be post mech but the steampunker already sells tons of things and it wouldn't really make sense for her to sell a wire crafting table :#

Though I would prefer it to simply be post mech but the steampunker already sells tons of things and it wouldn't really make sense for her to sell a wire crafting table :#

I use wire quite alot in Pre-hardmode. I setup traps in most of my bases for bloodmoons, and bloodmoon doors with active stone blocks and actuators, I'd rather let it how it is rn.

I use wire quite alot in Pre-hardmode. I setup traps in most of my bases for bloodmoons, and bloodmoon doors with active stone blocks and actuators, I'd rather let it how it is rn.
This won't eliminate your access to wiring Xp the mechanic will still sell wire and everything else she sells. Did you actually read the entire OP? :p

Well wire is expensive, and why would the mechanic sell something to take her business. We need this to be more expensive in some way, like gold

Well wire is expensive, and why would the mechanic sell something to take her business. We need this to be more expensive in some way, like gold
The point is that it's cheaper Xp that once you've reached the point in your game where money isn't that hard to come by, you no longer have to use it for wire and all the copper and tin you keep getting from the Extractinator can be put to good use :)

Hey, I just saw this a while ago, liked it, had free time, wanted to sprite, and well.. decided to make something for this.
Drawing Station.png
Im not good at making furniture or tiles, but I hope you like this.
EDIT: Made an animation for it. EDITEDIT: Made the animation better.
output_Z54zZN.gif
EDITEDITEDIT: Made more changes, can't decide which I like better...
output_retvNS.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom