Blocks & Decoration The Drawing Station (making wire craftable)

What do you think?

• Love it! Definitely useful, as well as cool!

• Seems cool, could be useful.

• Eh... not really sure.

• Not terrible, but needs some work.

• This isn't really all that useful or interesting.

Results are only viewable after voting.
It's not super realistic, or exactly what you wanted, but how do you like it? I'm willing to make changes. (Tomorrow though, I'm pretty much done for the night.)
Also, I was thinking this could possibly have some extra uses... I might have an idea. Once again, I'm saving it for tomorrow.

It's not super realistic, or exactly what you wanted, but how do you like it? I'm willing to make changes. (Tomorrow though, I'm pretty much done for the night.)
Also, I was thinking this could possibly have some extra uses... I might have an idea. Once again, I'm saving it for tomorrow.
I think I'd prefer a blue based color pallet rather than this burgundy one, like more mechanical looking. Feels like this one was born in the crimson :p

Ok, can do. You just said in the OP you didn't like that color so I guess I kinda went for the opposite. I also just realized that you wanted wire spooling into it... Well, I can definitely change the color soon, but the animation might have to wait for later. I'm being lazy.
Here, just some simple changes, but how's this?
output_gsdl0V.gif

Just had an idea. I think it should be sold by the cyborg due to his huge lack of uses, and because of that, I should put some bright cyan in it, make it look more futuristic, and that would open up more opportunities for futuristic nanite things crafted at it as well. Maybe.

Last edited:
Ok, can do. You just said in the OP you didn't like that color so I guess I kinda went for the opposite. I also just realized that you wanted wire spooling into it... Well, I can definitely change the color soon, but the animation might have to wait for later. I'm being lazy.
Here, just some simple changes, but how's this? View attachment 33134
Just had an idea. I think it should be sold by the cyborg due to his huge lack of uses, and because of that, I should put some bright cyan in it, make it look more futuristic, and that would open up more opportunities for futuristic nanite things crafted at it as well. Maybe.
I like that a lot better :) sorry if I'm confusing Xp it's been a while since I first made this :p more futuristic could be cool :)

I think it's a great idea, but I feel like not being able to make mechanisms before Plantera is a bit annoying... Just my thoughts though. I do like the idea of using copper, that's needed.

I think it's a great idea, but I feel like not being able to make mechanisms before Plantera is a bit annoying... Just my thoughts though. I do like the idea of using copper, that's needed.
Thanks!

Yeah it is a nuisance but I think it's a minor inconvenience. Nanite furniture and such aren't available until that time either. And you can easily put wire over any existing furniture. The other mechanisms will still be sold by the mechanic, this would just provide a possibly cheaper way of obtaining them post-plantera :p

The point is that it's cheaper Xp that once you've reached the point in your game where money isn't that hard to come by, you no longer have to use it for wire and all the copper and tin you keep getting from the Extractinator can be put to good use :)

This reasoning is what's confusing me on this idea. If money isn't that hard to come by this late in the game, the player would be better off spending money to buy wire, than using copper/tin bars to craft it. If anything, crafting wire should be the way to obtain it early game, then later on have the ability to purchase it.

It's like hellfire arrows, you don't buy them early game and craft them later on, but the opposite. By the time you find the mechanic, wire's already quite cheap, but in hardmode enemies start dropping higher amounts of money, causing wire to become relatively cheaper. Meanwhile, copper bars are limited, and you'll have to go out and search for more ores (while simultaneously gaining money to buy wire). It's like.. delaying the ability to craft wooden arrows until hardmode. You can buy them from the merchant, but crafting should come before the ability to buy them.

While this idea gives copper another use, it's just too late in the game, simply for the fact you can buy wire for a nearly free price. On a copper mining trip, if you spend all money found on wire, you'd get the majority of your wire from the money, unless you purposely avoid picking up money. It wouldn't be a bad idea if the points of where wire can be crafted and bought were swapped around.

This reasoning is what's confusing me on this idea. If money isn't that hard to come by this late in the game, the player would be better off spending money to buy wire, than using copper/tin bars to craft it. If anything, crafting wire should be the way to obtain it early game, then later on have the ability to purchase it.

It's like hellfire arrows, you don't buy them early game and craft them later on, but the opposite. By the time you find the mechanic, wire's already quite cheap, but in hardmode enemies start dropping higher amounts of money, causing wire to become relatively cheaper. Meanwhile, copper bars are limited, and you'll have to go out and search for more ores (while simultaneously gaining money to buy wire). It's like.. delaying the ability to craft wooden arrows until hardmode. You can buy them from the merchant, but crafting should come before the ability to buy them.

While this idea gives copper another use, it's just too late in the game, simply for the fact you can buy wire for a nearly free price. On a copper mining trip, if you spend all money found on wire, you'd get the majority of your wire from the money, unless you purposely avoid picking up money. It wouldn't be a bad idea if the points of where wire can be crafted and bought were swapped around.
Hmmm, you make a fair point well worth considering. How would you suggest it is obtained then?

Mechanic sells the Drawing Station, and Cyborg sells wire.
I dunno, the only thing I don't like about it is that it seems counter-intuitive to the mechanic NPC. Selling wire makes sense for her to make a living, a more advanced technology wise person like the Cyborg wouldn't care about selling the device to make wire. Really, this whole idea is to encourage people to mine copper when they see it as well as give them an alternative should they choose to use it.

I dunno, the only thing I don't like about it is that it seems counter-intuitive to the mechanic NPC. Selling wire makes sense for her to make a living, a more advanced technology wise person like the Cyborg wouldn't care about selling the device to make wire. Really, this whole idea is to encourage people to mine copper when they see it as well as give them an alternative should they choose to use it.
When I Play Terraia I Have NEVER Mined Copper Eversince Like When I First Played Terraria :p
This Suggestion Could Change Meh Mind About Mining Copper If It Was A Mod :p

The problem is it's not really a worthwhile alternate method. By the time you can purchase this crafting station, you should have enough money to buy hundreds if not thousands of wire, without putting that big of a hole in your wallet.

Seeing that this is post-Plantera..
If you sell everything the Destroyer drops, on average, that's about 47.6 gold. This can be spent to buy 952 wires.
Alternatively, you can craft 190 copper bars into 950 wires.

It's really just not worth it at that point.
qNP5UDG.png
But if the station was available early on, and the ability to buy wire came later.. this station would have more use.

The problem is it's not really a worthwhile alternate method. By the time you can purchase this crafting station, you should have enough money to buy hundreds if not thousands of wire, without putting that big of a hole in your wallet.

Seeing that this is post-Plantera..
If you sell everything the Destroyer drops, on average, that's about 47.6 gold. This can be spent to buy 952 wires.
Alternatively, you can craft 190 copper bars into 950 wires.

It's really just not worth it at that point.
qNP5UDG.png
But if the station was available early on, and the ability to buy wire came later.. this station would have more use.
Well it also allows for new furniture sets and stuff, that weren't craft-able before and can't be bought anywhere. There are plenty of such stations in HM.

Back
Top Bottom