Biomes & Nature The Dreadlands

tlhrek2011

Terrarian
This biome spawns after the moon lord is defeated and spreads at the rate of Post-Plantera Hallow/ Corruption/ Crimson. It looks grey and dead. (KEEP IN MIND THIS IS POST-MOON LORD)

The stone is Dreadstone,

dirt is Dreaddirt (I know, weird)

wood is Dreadwood.

An ore that spawns here is called the Deathite. You must have at least a luminite pickaxe to mine it. 3 ore +1 bar.
91549-c42296852ec1059af29ed62ac66097c8.jpg

ARMOR/WEAPONS
You can craft the Deathblade with 20 Deathite bars.
91374-23e120e739ebbb049e5e4048618060c4.jpg

It does 180 damage. Also shoots a projectile shaped like a blood droplet.
If you hit an enemy, you lose 0.5 HP.

Deathite Hat: 10 Deathite Bars, increases minion count by 3. 20 defense
Deathite Robe: 20 Deathite Bars, increases magic damage by 70%. 30 defense

Deathite Mask: 20 Deathite Bars, increases ranged damage by 50%.

Deathite Helmet: 30 Deathite Bars, increases melee damage by 30%. 40 defense
Deathite Breastplate:50 Deathite Bars, increases armor penetration by 30%. 60 defense.
Deathite Leggings: 20 Deathite Bars, increases walking speed by 40%. 20 defense.
SET BONUS: All weapons do 30 more damage, hit faster, and can increase drop chances by 10%.

ENEMIES
Reaper
HP: 300
Damage: 60
Flying AI

Dreaded Slime
HP: 3000
Damage: 70
Slime AI

Death Bat
HP:100
Damage: 30
Flying AI

Dreadworm
HP: 60 per segment, 40 segments, so 2400 overall.
Damage: 5 per segment melee.
Worm AI

BOSS

Grinder
HP: 200,000
Damage on touch: 60
Laser from eye dmg: 60
Can randomly spawn a group of Dreadworms.

Second form when at 50,000 hp.
Rapid fires lasers. Also dashes at the player. Damages increase by 20%

100% Drops:
100 deathite bars
Grinder's Eye (like last prism, but does 200 dmg and costs twice as much mana, rays are green)
91547-9c75365e6452138388d5631005ceb394.jpg

True Deathblade (240 damage, shoots little projectiles that look like the Deathblade.)
20% Drops:
Dreadworm staff (obviously summons a tiny Dreadworm, does 50 damage.)
Death Grabber (works like grappling hook, but pulls in enemies and does 100 damage.)

Attachments

• Deathblade.png
    Deathblade.png
    1.2 KB · Views: 195
  • Deathblade.png
    Deathblade.png
    1.2 KB · Views: 190
  • Grinder's Eye.png
    Grinder's Eye.png
    294 bytes · Views: 155
  • Deathite Bar.png
    Deathite Bar.png
    435 bytes · Views: 203
Last edited:
First of all, I do not need another biome screwing up my world. Quarantining off my estate has been enough of a pain, even with the drill mount.

Second of all, skipping over whether we need post moonlord content or not- for post-moon content this feels pretty dull. Considering the mechanics involved in the endgame armors (hell, even completely disregarding lunar tier stuff, even the turtle/beetle/spectre/shroomite gear was more interesting than the armor you're offering) or enemies, nothing here is going to be that engaging. The ancient cultist is probably more complex than your grinder- this is just going to end up feeling like a letdown.

In my opinion the idea of another biome popping into existence is not needed anymore, it's too 1.1-y. But that's not my major complain.
Basically in this biome you can get a new sword that has no special mechanic at all, a new armor that only augments damage to melee and another boss that drops a magic weapon and bars to make a sword thah you probably already have due to the minerals spawning naturally in the world. Rangers and summoners get no improvements whatsoever, and the new items are dull. It would be nice if every class would get a new thing to use and new armors. The items you already suggested could also use a rework.

honesty, i can half-support this. I was thinking about something very similar to this, except, instead of spreading through the entire world, it would only spread through the underworld. also, i like the enemies and whatnot (though they need a bit of expansion), but we don't need new tools, and armour.

again; half-support

Back
Top Bottom