The easiest way to defeat the dungeon gurdinan himself

Sansyrus17

Skeletron
All you're going to need is a good armor for rangers, a phantasm (a good reforge won't be that useful exept you want REALLY high speed personally i used it with an unreal reforge) luminite arrows or bullets (if you're using a gun) a stardust dragon for a small dps boost a depth metre and a ufo mount. Dig a straight hole that leads to the spot whith zero depth and a little more so thar the dungeon gurdian actually spawns (i recommend using a luminite pickaxe for it's extra range) and not go under 2 Underground so he won't spawn while you're unprepared i also stronly recommend clearing a LARGE space around the world (like space islands and living wood trees). Then all you need is to go down WITH THE UFO MOUNT and as soon you hear the noise that announces he's spawn you imediately press space (or W) take some buffs (like endurance and wrath) and start going crazy with the phantasm (or anything else) if he's too close to you you can easily make ankle moves to avoid being hit. WITH A PHANTASM i personally reached over 100 dps sometimes (WHICH IS ABSOLUTELY INSANE) i managed to kill the gurdian twise in expert mode because two of them spawned and because i didn't have another world where i haven't beaten Skeletron (i actually didn't have another world exept my normal one and the one in expert mode and i was too bored to make a new one) and i managed (after a couple deaths) i beated that tank. If you've red this whole thing you're amazing and thank you so much.

I've only beaten him once and when ever he got too close I used my solar armour dash through it then kept flying I used solar eruption and last prisim with mana flower

All you're going to need is a good armor for rangers, a phantasm (a good reforge won't be that useful exept you want REALLY high speed personally i used it with an unreal reforge) luminite arrows or bullets (if you're using a gun) a stardust dragon for a small dps boost a depth metre and a ufo mount. Dig a straight hole that leads to the spot whith zero depth and a little more so thar the dungeon gurdian actually spawns (i recommend using a luminite pickaxe for it's extra range) and not go under 2 Underground so he won't spawn while you're unprepared i also stronly recommend clearing a LARGE space around the world (like space islands and living wood trees). Then all you need is to go down WITH THE UFO MOUNT and as soon you hear the noise that announces he's spawn you imediately press space (or W) take some buffs (like endurance and wrath) and start going crazy with the phantasm (or anything else) if he's too close to you you can easily make ankle moves to avoid being hit. WITH A PHANTASM i personally reached over 100 dps sometimes (WHICH IS ABSOLUTELY INSANE) i managed to kill the gurdian twise in expert mode because two of them spawned and because i didn't have another world where i haven't beaten Skeletron (i actually didn't have another world exept my normal one and the one in expert mode and i was too bored to make a new one) and i managed (after a couple deaths) i beated that tank. If you've red this whole thing you're amazing and thank you so much.
I used an sdmg when I was fighting him and the stardust dragon. I actually ended up running out of ammo so I used my terraria instead. Let’s just say it was a long fight.

Do you know that if you're using a bow or a gun with ichor arrows or bullets you actually drop the defence of the dungeon gurdian to HALF which is also INSANE

I used an sdmg when I was fighting him and the stardust dragon. I actually ended up running out of ammo so I used my terraria instead. Let’s just say it was a long fight.
Gotta use crystal bullets and loads of them.

Generally, it's also best to go for 100% crit chance so all hits deal 2 damage instead of 1.
When I did it with the SDMG and crystal bullets using a gravitation potion, he was dead before the potion ran out.

Not sure if it's the best way to defeat the DG, but Chain Gun + Crystal Bullets paired with Frost Armor as the DG isn't immune to frostburn coupled with a high crit setup should make the fight quick and easy. I recommend using it alongside the cosmic car key since it's faster than the DG and makes you not have to worry about getting hit.

Do you know that if you're using a bow or a gun with ichor arrows or bullets you actually drop the defence of the dungeon gurdian to HALF which is also INSANE
Ichor reduces defense by 15, which is only half of any enemy with 30 defense. Look it up on the wiki. What told you that it straight up halves defense?

Last edited:
Anyways, because the guardian has 9999 defense, it is recommended to max out crits because crits can do 2 damage instead of 1.

Try vortex Armor, SDMG and Crystal Bullets. Works like a charm
I think Chain Gun is better, because it is pretty fast. Also, reforge Chain Gun to Rapid and get one shot in 3 ticks! So if you can aim, use this thing (with crystal bullets, yeah). Also don't forget about UFO mount :D

SDMG is significantly more accurate, and with a chain gun, while it fires faster, more bullets will miss, wasting tons.

Back
Top Bottom