NPCs & Enemies The Empress of Light & Queen Slime should be able to kill any and all other mobs.

CobaltChono

Terrarian
I think it would be rather interesting if the Empress of Light and Queen Slime had the ability to harm and kill other mobs (and bosses if alive at the same time)

Not only would it help clear out any stray enemies that wander onto the battlefield, but it could reflect an aspect of the Hallow's nature from the official lore.

This is my reasoning for the inclusion of this potential feature:

"The Hallow cures threats that would attempt to violate the critical balance of life, killing anything in its path as though it were treating an infection – whether friend, foe, or neutral party" -The Official Terraria Lore

The status message for when a boss is killed by the Empress of Light and/or Queen Slime should say something along the lines of "[Boss Name] succumbed to the Hallow's zeal"

To prevent the exploitation of such a unique mob interaction. Any bosses or enemies slain by the Empress or Queen should not drop any loot or items (nor recovery hearts, mana or monies). Nor should it count towards event progression, such as for the Lunar Towers, or Old One's Army.

With regards to the Goblin, Pirate, and Martion invasions. Along with the Pumpkin and Frost Moons events. Enemies slaughtered by the Hallowed bosses should also prevent any themed enemies from spawning until the bosses are defeated.

Interesting, but also has some problems, because if you wanted a drop from a very rare creature and one of these appear, you will want to kill yourself because of having summoned one of those bosses.
Plus, if the Hallow's bosses can kill other enemies and bosses why can't a Hallow enemy kill other enemies?

Last edited:
I don't agree.
Hallowed enemies should be able to kill non hallowed enemies.
But the mechanic that you suggested could easily break the game and make the bosses unbalanced.
Especially because these 2 bosses can move out the the Hallow too.
Both can fly.
If the Queen Slime were to destroy those butterfly things would the EoL spawn?
It's better to simply stay with the current boss mechanics.

Interesting, but also has some problems, because if you wanted a drop from a very rare creature and one of these appear, you will want to kill yourself because of having summoned one of those bosses.
Plus, if the Hallow's bosses can kill other enemies and bosses why can't a Hallow enemy kill other enemies?
With regards to losing a rare drop from a rare enemy. There really aren't that many rare enemies that spawn on the surface, independent of an event. (Example: Rain in the hallow for Rainbow slimes) Unless you plan on fight her underground, losing a rare enemy to the hallow bosses shouldn't be of concern.

The enemies that are not hurt by the bosses should still be able to drop their items, but if they take even 1 Hp of damage they should lose the drops. (kinda like how you need to deal 100% of damage to The Empress of Light during the day to receive the Terraprisma)

For the average hallowed enemies, I didn't consider them initially as I was more focused on the sheer determination and zeal of the Hallow bosses. But it would be fair to extend that ability (Hallowed mobs killing other mobs, especially the evil ones) to the other mobs.

I think it should work like having friendly fire is on for both Hallowed, and Non-hallowed. While actively targeting the evil biome mobs.

I don't agree.
Hallowed enemies should be able to kill non hallowed enemies.
But the mechanic that you suggested could easily break the game and make the bosses unbalanced.
Especially because these 2 bosses can move out the the Hallow too.
Both can fly.
If the Queen Slime were to destroy those butterfly things would the EoL spawn?
It's better to simply stay with the current boss mechanics.
Normally one doesn't fight multiple bosses at the same time (especially on higher difficulties) So it shouldn't be too much of an issue. When these Hallowed bosses attack other bosses, it prevents those bosses from dropping loot. To act as a safeguard against abuse.

Both bosses can be moved out of the Hallow, true. However, with the exception of the Wall of Flesh, all of Terraria's bosses can be fought anywhere. But that isn't recommended as a few of them get enraged if you leave their respective biomes.

According to the wiki, if a Prismatic Lacewing is killed by a non-player mob or scenario (fallen stars count as player kills) it wouldn't summon the Empress. So, if any mob or boss kills the Lacewing, it shouldn't summon the Empress.

With that last comment, I believe it is better to rock the boat, than to keep the status quote. For if we abided by such reasoning, we wouldn't have the bedazzling fights of the Empress, nor the eldritch horror that is The Moon Lord.

Back
Top Bottom