Official The End of the Journey - The Beginning for Terraria: Journey's End Out Now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed one thing is this update.
Chests and heart crystals often appear in large groups suddenly.
I've found 2 hearts near each other before, now 2 chests right near each other, you can see ice house on left with 3rd chest and heart crystal under.
Meters off-screen on the right is another chest (4th) and meters to the right from that chest was another house with another chest (5th)
It's 5 ice chests right near each other.

This minecart track that starts on the right takes me under my underground town on the previous picture.
It's ridiculously long, never seen such long one naturally generated.

Edit: 6th chest is just under these 2 grouped...
1589788180813.png

Last edited:
I only got to play for 2 hours on Saturday and Sunday i ended up sleeping all day (Side effects of working graveyard shift).

I have a Logitech G910 Orion and the rgb addition in this patch is neat but i haven't found a way to turn it off in game.

I found a world with 6 living wood trees next to each other (which was cool btw) and sadly my zoologist and nurse don't get along and I went on a suicide trip to the jungle in master mode so amazing update

Ive followed everything since the first spoiler for 1.4 and all that I've seen has been amazing. I never expected such a monumental update for Terraria that changes literally everything. I can't just play with an old character now, I have to completely revisit the game to see every wonderous thing added. Sadly, xbox player, so my excitement will have to wait. Hopefully you guys get to work on porting soon so everyone else can enjoy Journeys End

I don't know how hard this suggestion would be to implement, but here it is. Would it be possible to get a separate tab, or an addendum to each individual tab, in the R&D for started-but-only-partially-completed research to better remind/guide players in what to collect in Journey mode? I know it WILL fill up fast and could get overwhelming, so perhaps there could also be a show/hide toggle button/checkbox? I certainly leave the final implementation, if at all, to you, the wonderful makers and shapers of this great game. Just thoughts.

at first this update was broken but now I can play it with ease...……

next up on terraria - waiting for 1.4.1 or 1.4.0.3 (I just want the vanity alright..... also I heard this place got flooded by people hating on the zoologist ;/ which might not be true.... but she is good)

Great patch but damn....... and I say this as one of the biggest advocates of the teams decisions/choices.
The obvious preferential treatment you gave to melee/solar is astounding.
Take every other end game playstyle and throw it in the trash can.

Melee has:
-Best damage
-Resource management-lol
-Great HP regen
-Highest survivability by far

I was pretty disappointed that the mage weapon offerings are a borderline joke (though they look nice)
All the other classes got at least a cool sidegrade.

Melee's new toyis so stupid that it immediately benched all their old weapons and every other class. Seriously guys. If you halved its damage it would still be better than meowmere. What were you thinking?

Gratz on the patch though.

are you talking about zenith?

looking it up, i originally thought "that's it?" cause it only had 190 base damage while meowmere had 200.

then i saw what the sword's special gimmick is.

that is pretty intense, but i honestly see no reason to nerf it, considering it's literally at the end of the line... what are you gonna do with it by time you get it, really?

even meowmere is useless by time you get it.

i wonder if a legendary modifier would make zenith's gimmick do legendary-tier damage, as well?

As a Linux user, I am kinda amazed how this update didn't show any flaw like, I didn't get any lag/screen flickering/freeze... and I'm on a 2014 laptop, so one could say it is running without any issue 👌. Looking forward to the upcoming optimization that would provide an even smoother experience.

how do we get the vanity contest winners, i've done everything i can think to get them!
They are not in the game just yet. The Re-Logic artists were very busy right up to the final hours and did not have the time to give these vanities the attention they deserved before the launch date.

They will most definitely be added in a patch not too long from now.

Something I noticed about the update is that there's a underground ocean biome??? (however in the cavern layer..... it will no longer be considered the underground ocean and revert to normal)

are you talking about zenith?

looking it up, i originally thought "that's it?" cause it only had 190 base damage while meowmere had 200.

then i saw what the sword's special gimmick is.

that is pretty intense, but i honestly see no reason to nerf it, considering it's literally at the end of the line... what are you gonna do with it by time you get it, really?

even meowmere is useless by time you get it.

i wonder if a legendary modifier would make zenith's gimmick do legendary-tier damage, as well?
Yep. Thats the culprit.
I know it's not breaking the games progression or anything, but man does it make all other rewards and classes look like they showed up to little Timmy's birthday without a present.
When you consider that balance was a major feature of this patch, how does this obvious outlier slip in?
Many endgame items were adjusted for balance so clearly they don't think it's 'useless'.

Right now.... terraria endgame has players with the Zenith on one tier, and everyone else just feeling jealous and pathetic.

for anyone wondering... the game isn't over as there are a few things needing to added or fixed (the bugs and the vanity outfits from the contest.....)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom