Official The End of the Journey - The Beginning for Terraria: Journey's End Out Now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah..... they all had their own niches, strengths, and weaknesses. I wouldn't call any of them op except that thing.
If all your other classes feel stupid standing next to you there is a problem.
Unless that is the intent. Do you think the devs wanted 75% of the players to feel stupid and insignificant for not choosing melee?
My son (8) chose melee and my daughter (9) plays summoner and she died then watched her brother solo moon lord and cried "dad..I can't do anything, I just die and he kills every pillar and boss."
She has since then discarded the whip and uses the same sword.

melee has always been the "main" class, as far as i can tell, hasn't it? always ending up with the strongest weapon.

anyway, seems odd they'd still be playing if your son has zenith... what is there to do at that point?

also surprised two young children completely beat the game in only a couple days and got the endgame gear...

As a thank you for the devs…. i changed my profile picture to my old gen console character (he is pre mechs..... and all that.. including spider mask is vanity)

hopefully we won't have to wait too long for something... ANYTHING... regarding the console version.

i haven't been able to keep myself from checking back here every 5 minutes and i'm honestly losing my mind. %:sigh:

hopefully we won't have to wait too long for something... ANYTHING... regarding the console version.

i haven't been able to keep myself from checking back here every 5 minutes and i'm honestly losing my mind. %:sigh:
I wouldn't expect a console release date within the timeframe that it's worth checking back that frequently for. Rest assured ReLogic will be very obvious when they announce a date :)

I wouldn't expect a console release date within the timeframe that it's worth checking back that frequently for. Rest assured ReLogic will be very obvious when they announce a date :)
It is always worth checking for and by gosh I will wait until the end of time for this.

Might be a little off topic but what is this blue line and how do I get rid of it?
What.PNG

Btw the update is amazing.
Nevermind, my brother told me I was stupid and showed me the little button at the top left.

Last edited:
I've already played a bit of it. IT'S AMAZING!
and i have a few things to say.

The new soundtracks are awesome! you are awesome at creating mood like in the Storm music, and the new DUKE FISHRON THEME WHOOP WHOOP

aww, i named my first Journey's End character after the Floret Protector, which won't be put in the game for a bit. ;(

it still feels kind of hard to get your summoner started with all of it's weapons. Was hoping that would change, but that's all right.

I'm still at the beginning of Pre-Hardmode, but so far I haven't noticed many changes. That's likely to change soon, though!

the Zenith is a cool name for the new sword. Well done.

So, soon we're gonna see when mobile get's 1.4, and then console? It's sad, but at least we're getting it.

HappyDays did get to play early! Awesome!

Great job to everyone working on the wki. they got the new bosses in there on the second day!

can't wait to start building my head off ACTUALLY trying to make something look decent, this time not always doing it in the forest! And, yeah! I honestly don't know anything about a post-Moon Lord whip, or lunar events whip, so if anyone has one or knows about one, Please spill the beans.

Awesome job on the update! Can't wait for all of the new costumes to get in the game!

melee has always been the "main" class, as far as i can tell, hasn't it? always ending up with the strongest weapon.

anyway, seems odd they'd still be playing if your son has zenith... what is there to do at that point?

also surprised two young children completely beat the game in only a couple days and got the endgame gear...
I don't know. Why does anyone play minecraft still? Terraria after a decade? Maybe its fun.
My kids have enjoyed this game for a few years now. I would venture to guess they beat it just like everyone else did.

I wasnt aware there was a 'main class' either. It seemed that all classes have full support from beginning to end with the sole exception being melee getting a weapon that it clearly in a tier all its own that stands head and shoulders above all others.
Magic, ranged, and summon feel like the bastard stepkids in a world where zenith exists.
Facts.

This update's fantastic from what little I've experienced so far! I'm glad there's more items now for summoners like myself, though I hope there's more I haven't found yet!

I can't wait for the vanity contest winners, eagerly looking forward to whatever patch that'll be!

I don't know. Why does anyone play minecraft still? Terraria after a decade? Maybe its fun.
My kids have enjoyed this game for a few years now. I would venture to guess they beat it just like everyone else did.

I wasnt aware there was a 'main class' either. It seemed that all classes have full support from beginning to end with the sole exception being melee getting a weapon that it clearly in a tier all its own that stands head and shoulders above all others.
Magic, ranged, and summon feel like the bastard stepkids in a world where zenith exists.
Facts.

Definitely agree to be honest. I really wish there was a Zenith tier weapon for ranged, summon, and magic too. I know that the game's milestones/progress is "measured" by swords but I can still wish the other classes got just as much love! At the least mods are likely to give em some love now that 1.4's given Summoners the whip class of weapon

Happy Launch Day, Terrarians... and welcome to Journey's End!

This update has been a labor of love, tirelessly worked on by our team over a good while, and we truly feel that it brings Terraria to the next level, to a place where the core game can finally be called "complete". From new ways to play the game to over 1000 new items to find and craft to new bosses to challenge and even a full-pass review of all content of the game for balance, graphic quality, and mechanics - truly, Journey's End has something for everyone. We cannot wait to see your reactions as you dive in to all that this update has to offer, and we hope that you thoroughly enjoy our gift to you. It has been an amazing journey indeed... but we truly feel that this end is really just a new beginning for the amazing world of Terraria.

So, what awaits you in Journey's End? In case you missed our advance Terraria: Journey's End Changelog post last Thursday, we have linked it below for your reading pleasure. Also located in today's post are where and how to report bugs as well as other important information that you may find interesting.

As a reminder, Mac/Linux optimizations, additional Localization, and the Vanity Contest winners will be added in a post-launch update.

index.php

THERE & BACK AGAIN: A SUMMARY OF TERRARIA: JOURNEY'S END (OFFICIAL CHANGELOG)
(Click the text above to head over and read!)

index.php

TERRARIA: JOURNEY'S END FAQ/GUIDE CENTRAL
(Click the text above to answer all of your burning questions!)

index.php

EPIC TERRARIA GOLF MAPS FOR DOWNLOAD NOW

Want to see what all Terraria Golf has to offer? Check out the link below to download one (or all) of three killer golf maps hand-crafted by our beta testers - including courses created by some of the most talented builders across the Terraria community.

OFFICIAL JOURNEY'S END GOLF MAP STARTER KIT

index.php

TERRARIA: JOURNEY'S END BUG/ISSUE REPORTING AND FEEDBACK

Having an issue? Found a nasty bug that you want us to squash? We are here for you!

While the team will be searching far and wide all over the Community, the best place to report bugs is right here on TCF!

View attachment 270753

To be sure that we can find and fix your Terraria 1.4 bugs as quickly as possible, be sure to include the following information:

Terraria Version #
Operating System
Single vs Multiplayer
Controls Used

Also, the more details that you can provide about your issue, how it occurred, etc. the better!

While you are here, do you like balance discussion? We've made a lot of changes in this update, and we are considering more changes in the upcoming hotfix updates. If you have some thoughts on balance changes, feel free to check out the Official Balance/Feedback Thread!

index.php

TERRARIA: JOURNEY'S END COVER ART WALLPAPERS - A SPECIAL GIFT FROM RE-LOGIC TO YOU!

The Re-Logic Team is thrilled to be able to share our amazing Journey's End cover art - courtesy of our very own @Jimmarn! Our team feels like this epic panorama really captures how we - and you, our community - feel with this release finally being out in the wild. A time to reflect on all that has been accomplished as much as a time to prepare for what is next!

Jim has created three versions of this art for everyone to enjoy (Day - Night - Sunset). Each of these are now available for download on the Media page of Terraria.org, via the link below. Alternatively, you can click the cover art below to be whisked away to the download page so that you can grab the wallpaper(s) that you want and then proudly display Journey's End on your PC or Mobile Device!

TERRARIA.ORG MEDIA PAGE
View attachment 270574

All we need now is to finish 1.3.5 for the switch, get 1.4 to console, and get 1.4 to mobile! Then Re-Logic can sit back, relax, and...
What's that? Terraria 2? Oh boy.
Anyway, Congrats Re-Logic for officially "finishing" Terraria!

Facts.

After you beat Moon Lord, you have basically beaten the game. Any gear after him is worthless.

I have also played the game for years, but I haven't been playing the same character the whole time. I start each update with a new character and delete the old one so that I can see all of the new content and changes. Otherwise, there is no point in continuing to play, since you already did everything.

Anyways, was the Slime Staff's drop rate increased, or am I just lucky this run? I got one during my first slime rain. I have never seen this item actually drop before.

I really wish there was a Zenith tier weapon for ranged, summon, and magic too. I know that the game's milestones/progress is "measured" by swords but I can still wish the other classes got just as much love!
This I can get behind. If anything is done about the zenith situation, please let it be this. For the love of all that is fun, don't nerf the sword, do this instead, please? >.<

This I can get behind. If anything is done about the zenith situation, please let it be this. For the love of all that is fun, don't nerf the sword, do this instead, please? >.<
Just wait for mods to be released. A few of them already add other classes' equivalents to the Night's Edge and Terra Blade, I bet they'll do the same for Zenith.

Is there a new potion for ranger class other than archery? Cause it's kind of a pain there aren't any potions for bullet based layouts. Either way that's all I have to ask about. Everything else in this update is jaw-dropping. Great work and a huge thank you to all the people who worked on this game and have provided me with endless hours of entertainment. Love you all <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom