Official The End of the Journey - The Beginning for Terraria: Journey's End Out Now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know. Why does anyone play minecraft still? Terraria after a decade? Maybe its fun.
My kids have enjoyed this game for a few years now. I would venture to guess they beat it just like everyone else did.

I wasnt aware there was a 'main class' either. It seemed that all classes have full support from beginning to end with the sole exception being melee getting a weapon that it clearly in a tier all its own that stands head and shoulders above all others.
Magic, ranged, and summon feel like the bastard stepkids in a world where zenith exists.
Facts.

terraria always had a lot of progression and kept getting massive free updates and there was always something more to it.

also a lot of the fun comes from starting a new adventure, and trying new things, i think.

minecraft, you got me... i know it's fun with friends [which i don't have], but then again, what isn't?

played it for a short time and saw everything it had to offer, which wasn't much... and haven't touched it in ages.

i can see the desire for a zenith-tier ranged, magic, and summoner weapon... but what would those be? combining all the weapons of those types, and having them all activate at once, as well?

So far the update has been great, but with an exception. Worldgen has a really, REALLY nasty habit of overlapping the crimson/corruption biomes with the jungle, and that's quite an issue. It's bad enough when it happens with the tundra biome, but it's even worse when it comes to the jungle. I had 6 worlds in a row generate with this issue. Could you perhaps change it so that there's at least an option to force them to generate on opposite sides of the map? Like how you can choose between crimson and corruption.

I take it that the corruption still eats the jungle then?

It still boggles my mind why they haven't changed it to this day. This update has been great, don't get me wrong, but this glaring oversight has been a problem for 7 years now, since 1.2 came out and added hardmode jungle content. The corruption should not be able to eat the jungle; it puts the player on a race to get to the jungle content before it gets all eaten up.

EDIT: Not trying to be disrespectful. I really appreciate everything the devs do, but I'm just frustrated by this major issue in hardmode. I keep expecting it to get patched each time a new update comes around.

My jungle yet again has generated entirely enveloped in Crimson, which means I can say goodbye to it the moment hardmode begins. As if it wasn't bad enough with V striking it. Jungle is a vital part of game progression and I still can't believe you guys haven't done something to prevent it being completely destroyed by worldgen and/or evil biome spread, especially in update thats supposed to fix worldgen issues.

Just wait for mods to be released. A few of them already add other classes' equivalents to the Night's Edge and Terra Blade, I bet they'll do the same for Zenith.

you realize mods aren't the answer to everything... i can't stand the mindset.

it does NOTHING for people not playing on PC.

So far the update has been great, but with an exception. Worldgen has a really, REALLY nasty habit of overlapping the crimson/corruption biomes with the jungle, and that's quite an issue. It's bad enough when it happens with the tundra biome, but it's even worse when it comes to the jungle. I had 6 worlds in a row generate with this issue. Could you perhaps change it so that there's at least an option to force them to generate on opposite sides of the map? Like how you can choose between crimson and corruption.

i never really understood that, either... the jungle is literally ESSENTIAL to progressing the game, without it, you are locked out of the endgame, cause plantera needs to be beaten to fight the golem, which needs to be beaten for the cultist, which leads to the moonlord.

if you play at a slower pace and the jungle gets too badly damaged, you are completely and utterly screwed.

the only solution i see is to play in journey mode, and turn off the infection's spread... that is literally all you can do if you wanna play without worry.

then you can basically get the clentaminator, cleanse any parts of the jungle that were overrun, and dig out all the dirt and replace it with mud to sorta rebuild the jungle.

one of the biggest reasons why i will probably only play in journey mode when we get 1.4 on console.

Still Cant play terraria :( after I updated to 1.4 and its sad. Crash just making a new word and character even I re-install the game its the same its crashes every single time I creat new world or character

you realize mods aren't the answer to everything... i can't stand the mindset.

it does NOTHING for people not playing on PC.

i never really understood that, either... the jungle is literally ESSENTIAL to progressing the game, without it, you are locked out of the endgame, cause plantera needs to be beaten to fight the golem, which needs to be beaten for the cultist, which leads to the moonlord.

if you play at a slower pace and the jungle gets too badly damaged, you are completely and utterly screwed.

the only solution i see is to play in journey mode, and turn off the infection's spread... that is literally all you can do if you wanna play without worry.

then you can basically get the clentaminator, cleanse any parts of the jungle that were overrun, and dig out all the dirt and replace it with mud to sorta rebuild the jungle.

one of the biggest reasons why i will probably only play in journey mode when we get 1.4 on console.

The only thing they have done to help with this issue was that they made Chlorophyte repel the Corruption. But that's only a partial protection, and not guaranteed to keep the corruption at bay (in one of my playthroughs, for example, corruption poked a huge hole in my underground jungle). I'm not sure why they didn't give jungle full immunity to it. Ever since 1.2 gave us hardmode jungle, it has made no sense for it to be vulnerable to the corruption spread.

The only thing they have done to help with this issue was that they made Chlorophyte repel the Corruption. But that's only a partial protection, and not guaranteed to keep the corruption at bay (in one of my playthroughs, for example, corruption poked a huge hole in my underground jungle). I'm not sure why they didn't give jungle full immunity to it. Ever since 1.2 gave us hardmode jungle, it has made no sense for it to be vulnerable to the corruption spread.

chlorophyte also doesn't spread much... so i dunno how that is supposed to help.

honestly, at this point, i'd really just like an explanation as to why it is the way it is.

i don't expect it to change at this point, but an explanation would atleast be appreciated.

It would be great if the minions I summoned wouldn't attack the cultists at the dungeon immediatly, it is anoying if you go to grind the dungeon.
Also in Journey mode the researchamount for ores and Ingots is a Little confusing. Because for the ore you need 100 to unlock duplication for ingouts 25. But for ores like clorophyte researchin the ore first is much cheaper than researching the ingot.
It yould be also cooll if you were able to slip a copy of a item from a normal carackter to a journeymode caracter.

I too think that there should be final weapons for all classes should be introduced. Beause the new Sword just destroys the endgame balance.
There are 3 more classes than melee and each has its different advanteges and disadvanteges so why giving the class with the worst Damage as a trade of for high defense the best weapon. This is bad beacause the other classes have no point in being played. And the playstiles kind of get irrelevant. And this is sad because every class has fun ways to play. But this new "balance" makes it irrelevant.

I too think that there should be final weapons for all classes should be introduced. Beause the new Sword just destroys the endgame balance.
There are 3 more classes than melee and each has its different advanteges and disadvanteges so why giving the class with the worst Damage as a trade of for high defense the best weapon. This is bad beacause the other classes have no point in being played. And the playstiles kind of get irrelevant. And this is sad because every class has fun ways to play. But this new "balance" makes it irrelevant.

Again, Zenith requires beating the Moon Lord. You are done with the game after Moon Lord. So there is nothing to balance. Why bother balancing a sword that is ultimately worthless anyways?

If you're playing melee just for a sword you get AFTER the final boss that's only useful to show off to people with, I think you need to reconsider.

When will Terraria 1.4 come out on mobile and what versions of IOS/Android will it work best on? (I have an iPhone 6 and 1.3.0.7 crashes randomly from time to time)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom