Sprites The Engineer Class!

Well, there seem to be two key differences:

The first is that (if I understood the mechanics correctly) each Turret needs to be rotated and manually aimed, unlike Sentries which do that automatically. A summoner attacks alongside their minions, but an Engineer would be constantly reaming their turrets.

The second is that the sentries have a lot of stats and variability (Nozzles, Flexibility, etc) that Sentries don't have.
I get that, But it still doesn't make sense to me. I'd be very confused if I were a newbie. The concepts are just too similar to not do anything about it, in my opinion.

Also, they might be different, but what i'm trying to say is, there's no defining factor between the two. If you changed summoner to engineer, nobody would notice, despite some mechanical changes.

Generally, you can tell by looking at any given weapon what class it belongs to. If it's a sword, pop it into the Melee class. If it's a spell book, shove it into Mage. Gun? Ranger.

I get that, But it still doesn't make sense to me. I'd be very confused if I were a newbie. The concepts are just too similar to not do anything about it, in my opinion.

Also, they might be different, but what i'm trying to say is, there's no defining factor between the two. If you changed summoner to engineer, nobody would notice, despite some mechanical changes.

Generally, you can tell by looking at any given weapon what class it belongs to. If it's a sword, pop it into the Melee class. If it's a spell book, shove it into Mage. Gun? Ranger.
But the lines aren't always so clear...

Magic guns will like to have a word with you.
Bee Gun, Bat Scepter, etc. will like to have a word with you.
Summoner class being a part of magic before will like to have a word with you.

Don't know if this matters, but you have a turret called the "Shark Storm", which is also the name of a gun from the Thorium Mod. Not sure if anyone cares, just wanted to point that out.

Don't know if this matters, but you have a turret called the "Shark Storm", which is also the name of a gun from the Thorium Mod. Not sure if anyone cares, just wanted to point that out.
Considering both calamity and thorium have spell tomes called the Nuclear Fury, I don't think it really affects too much.

is this the smae engineer class thats on tmod
that only has the description of "Engineer Class / +100 new items"?
if so, why is this under sprites? and why not have the link take you to here since its more informative?

Back
Top Bottom