tModLoader The Enigma Mod

First off, This is a very unique, well done mod.
Second, What exactly is the Great Shadow? I found it through Cheat Sheet's NPC Browser, but I can't find any info on it anywhere, except the the mention on the main post.
Glad to head you like the mod!
Great Shadow is coming in 0.12. The NPC you see in cheat sheet is very much a placeholder and cannot even be killed as of now, so I recommend against spawning him! Hopefully the fight will be released soon though `;)

Glad to head you like the mod!
Great Shadow is coming in 0.12. The NPC you see in cheat sheet is very much a placeholder and cannot even be killed as of now, so I recommend against spawning him! Hopefully the fight will be released soon though `;)
Ah, ok. Thanks for the info!

not sure if this error is caused by enigma or if its caused by another mod having conflicts with enigma but i keep getting a crash with the same error message

Terraria_2018-08-18_11-56-25.png

Edit: should probably mention this only pops up when i open the magic storage + system or load into a world from before installing enigma

Last edited:
not sure if this error is caused by enigma or if its caused by another mod having conflicts with enigma but i keep getting a crash with the same error message

Edit: should probably mention this only pops up when i open the magic storage + system or load into a world from before installing enigma
I know there is a bug with magic storage where it crashes if you dont restart Terraria after reloading mods, but I will look into if Enigma is causing that second scenario. Thanks for the report!

I like the mod! It may have clashed with another mod of mine that also spawns stuff under the ocean so I couldn't find the obsidian biome. (For anyone who may have the same problem, I just downloaded CheatSheet, which lets you instantly spawn stuff. Not the best fix but the quickest I could find!) I'm very excited to progress on with this mod installed! Cheers!

I like the mod! It may have clashed with another mod of mine that also spawns stuff under the ocean so I couldn't find the obsidian biome. (For anyone who may have the same problem, I just downloaded CheatSheet, which lets you instantly spawn stuff. Not the best fix but the quickest I could find!) I'm very excited to progress on with this mod installed! Cheers!
Glad to hear you like it! The Obsidium is actually being moved somewhere new in the upcoming patch, so hopefully you wont have that issue after this patch!

Enigma is an interesting mod in the scene, it's a large generalist content mod, as you'd expect.
However, every mod has something that sets it apart from others

When I first started Enigma, I was not that impressed, the bosses I faced eariy on wern't that great and their music was, very quiet for some reason.
As I started to get further in I noticed Laugic started doing some pretty odd things I hadn't seen before, these include:
a damaging debuff which ISN'T a debuff
The timestop ability, not seen anything like it before, now I like to drive into a mod not completely knowing what to expect, so this was a neat surprise!
A parallel dimension which doesn't despawn but cleverly hides enemies, also the ore isn't minable outside of the Etheria, nice touch.
^Makes you want to fight old bosses again
I was doing a mage playstyle, so I didn't bother with the mysticism system, but it sounds really cool, far more original then what Tremor had.
Basically what I'm saying is some really cool and fun technical stuff, this mod pushes that alright.

Now, some cons:
-As stated before, the early game doesn't show off the best this mod has, I wonder how many people would write it off as a crap mod after fighting a large single sprite boss that looks lazily used (that being dune sharkron), and then put it down
-Yes, the Obsidium biome takes up way too much of my world. my world didn't have much of a jungle due to it :/
-This mod needs a final boss, I get Etheria Rematch is like, the last boss, but it didn't really feel conclusive enough (it felt kinda cheap tbh, the first fight was easy, the 2nd was like, your going to get hit constantly), you need something after moonlord like what Thorium and Spirit have. I got no idea what, just pitching the idea.
-At this point in time my accessory slots are filled with items I've spent the entire game building up to, I'm not going to use the etheria items, now if you made it possible to craft ALL the etheria drops into 1 super accessory I'd use that!

Geez big wall of text, well eitherway this is my tidbits after defeating moonlord while playing with a ton of other mods as well. I hope it helped.

Hello! it's my first time playing terraria with mods, specifically Thorium, Enigma, and Calamity. Now i've mostly know a bunch of stuff you need to know about thorium in-game, and now i'm trying to learn about enigma. I've been playing a couple hours now learning the ropes about enigma, but i've seem to stumble upon a problem. There doesnt seem to be any "Obsidium" biome in my world, is there like a prerequisite for it to spawn or something? I've been scrounging up the internet trying to find a guide about enigma then I found the Wiki for enigma which wasn't much of a help at all, thankfully I stumbled upon this thread. So please help :)

Enigma is an interesting mod in the scene, it's a large generalist content mod, as you'd expect.
However, every mod has something that sets it apart from others

When I first started Enigma, I was not that impressed, the bosses I faced eariy on wern't that great and their music was, very quiet for some reason.
As I started to get further in I noticed Laugic started doing some pretty odd things I hadn't seen before, these include:
a damaging debuff which ISN'T a debuff
The timestop ability, not seen anything like it before, now I like to drive into a mod not completely knowing what to expect, so this was a neat surprise!
A parallel dimension which doesn't despawn but cleverly hides enemies, also the ore isn't minable outside of the Etheria, nice touch.
^Makes you want to fight old bosses again
I was doing a mage playstyle, so I didn't bother with the mysticism system, but it sounds really cool, far more original then what Tremor had.
Basically what I'm saying is some really cool and fun technical stuff, this mod pushes that alright.

Now, some cons:
-As stated before, the early game doesn't show off the best this mod has, I wonder how many people would write it off as a crap mod after fighting a large single sprite boss that looks lazily used (that being dune sharkron), and then put it down
-Yes, the Obsidium biome takes up way too much of my world. my world didn't have much of a jungle due to it :/
-This mod needs a final boss, I get Etheria Rematch is like, the last boss, but it didn't really feel conclusive enough (it felt kinda cheap tbh, the first fight was easy, the 2nd was like, your going to get hit constantly), you need something after moonlord like what Thorium and Spirit have. I got no idea what, just pitching the idea.
-At this point in time my accessory slots are filled with items I've spent the entire game building up to, I'm not going to use the etheria items, now if you made it possible to craft ALL the etheria drops into 1 super accessory I'd use that!

Geez big wall of text, well eitherway this is my tidbits after defeating moonlord while playing with a ton of other mods as well. I hope it helped.
Thank you for the well thought out comment, and I'm glad you enjoyed some of the unique features of the mod!
-Obsidium is being entirely reworked and being moved in the upcoming update, so it will no longer eat your jungle. It is also becoming much more interesting with new structures that have unique loot, so look forward to that!
-The 1.1 update should hopefully give the early game a much fuller and more engaging feel, as I agree- Enigma in the early game isn't very impressive (unless you're going Mystic)
-Enigma has quite a few Post Moon Lord bosses planned (check the discord in the #progress-and-plans channel to see a few!), so the "final boss" feeling will be achieved with new updates, don't worry! (I don't consider Enigma fully released yet, hence why it isn't above version 1.0)
-We're going to rework all the Etherial content, including boss fights and loot, in the update after the Obsidium update (0.13), so look forward to that!

Thanks again for your feedback, and I hope you check in with Enigma again in the future to see all the new things we've added!`:D
[doublepost=1535255323,1535255245][/doublepost]
Hello! it's my first time playing terraria with mods, specifically Thorium, Enigma, and Calamity. Now i've mostly know a bunch of stuff you need to know about thorium in-game, and now i'm trying to learn about enigma. I've been playing a couple hours now learning the ropes about enigma, but i've seem to stumble upon a problem. There doesnt seem to be any "Obsidium" biome in my world, is there like a prerequisite for it to spawn or something? I've been scrounging up the internet trying to find a guide about enigma then I found the Wiki for enigma which wasn't much of a help at all, thankfully I stumbled upon this thread. So please help :)
The Obsidium should be underneath the Aquatic Depths if you have Thorium on! However, it will be being moved to a new location starting next update (directly under spawn), so if you make a new world after 0.12, then look for it there instead!

If I already started a playtrough, could I install the mod? the main issue I see is that it adds a new biome, but I guess I could make an extra world for it? because I found it after I started my playthrough and thought it was really cool

If I already started a playtrough, could I install the mod? the main issue I see is that it adds a new biome, but I guess I could make an extra world for it? because I found it after I started my playthrough and thought it was really cool
The new biome would be the only thing you would miss out on, yeah. If you wait until 0.11.8 comes out (which will hopefully be tonight), you will get the new biome generation as well when you make the new world!

Oh no rush mate, I always look forward to going back to Terraria later, and finding the mods having changed alot.

So here's a few suggestions, keep in mind I'm very careful when suggesting things as asking for hours of work is asking alot, but I think it's worth a listen atleast:
-Yea, rework the Etheria items, balance that etheria drill so it can't mine PML (215 mining power) stuff, and make town NPCs unable to be killed (I swear the ammount of times my NPCs died to those damn Etheria enemies)
Outside of that the I like the Etheria part of this mod, hopefully it won't change too much from being a creepy blue parallel dimension.

Time Stop is awesome but it's WAY too powerful for how eariy in the game you can get it. some things I would do:
-Make that debuff time longer.
-After moonlord the player should get the ability to merge Father Time with Sands of Time, but also some more things to enhance the Time Stop
As it stands this thing is SO good, it's viable the ENTIRE GAME, if it only become that viable after some of those planned post-moonlord bosses I can see it being not so game breaking
then again this might just be me with a ton of mods. I don't consider Father Time worth equipping when I could instead equip the Holy Stone, then the Hallowed Relic, then the Enchantment of Enhancement.

Oh yeah that's another thing, the crystallized potions, I'm ok with this one since you gotta work your way up to those awesome relics, having alchemist NPC makes it easier but it still takes 4 crafting stations and alot of time.

Incase it wasn't obvious, I've been having alot of fun with this mod's stuff. Next playthrough I think I'm going to give the mystic system a try.

The Obsidium should be underneath the Aquatic Depths if you have Thorium on!
Oh yeah speaking of which I found it a little odd, but there's a neat respawning heart and heart shaped thing in that biome. Was that meant to spawn there:

Oh no rush mate, I always look forward to going back to Terraria later, and finding the mods having changed alot.

So here's a few suggestions, keep in mind I'm very careful when suggesting things as asking for hours of work is asking alot, but I think it's worth a listen atleast:
-Yea, rework the Etheria items, balance that etheria drill so it can't mine PML (215 mining power) stuff, and make town NPCs unable to be killed (I swear the ammount of times my NPCs died to those damn Etheria enemies)
Outside of that the I like the Etheria part of this mod, hopefully it won't change too much from being a creepy blue parallel dimension.

Time Stop is awesome but it's WAY too powerful for how eariy in the game you can get it. some things I would do:
-Make that debuff time longer.
-After moonlord the player should get the ability to merge Father Time with Sands of Time, but also some more things to enhance the Time Stop
As it stands this thing is SO good, it's viable the ENTIRE GAME, if it only become that viable after some of those planned post-moonlord bosses I can see it being not so game breaking
then again this might just be me with a ton of mods. I don't consider Father Time worth equipping when I could instead equip the Holy Stone, then the Hallowed Relic, then the Enchantment of Enhancement.

Oh yeah that's another thing, the crystallized potions, I'm ok with this one since you gotta work your way up to those awesome relics, having alchemist NPC makes it easier but it still takes 4 crafting stations and alot of time.

Incase it wasn't obvious, I've been having alot of fun with this mod's stuff. Next playthrough I think I'm going to give the mystic system a try.

Oh yeah speaking of which I found it a little odd, but there's a neat respawning heart and heart shaped thing in that biome. Was that meant to spawn there:
The Heart was indeed meant to spawn there. I'm not sure how I would handle the drill power based on how it's coded, but I'll take a look and see what I can do. I planned on making the debuff last longer already as a balancing mechanism for time stop, and I agree it gets quite overpowered quite quickly, but hopefully we'll be able to strike a balance in an upcoming patch.

Thanks again very much for your feedback, and glad to hear you like the mod! `:happy:

The Obsidium Brick and Rock Walls aren't considered a valid wall for housing. Is that an intentional choice?

i just finished looking through my recipe browser and noticed the high priestess, the chariot, and the world is this the start of a tarot theme and if so do u plan to make something or another for all 22 major arcana

i just finished looking through my recipe browser and noticed the high priestess, the chariot, and the world is this the start of a tarot theme and if so do u plan to make something or another for all 22 major arcana
The hope is to have something in for all of them eventually, but I want to make them all special, so I'm not going to force myself to try to add the remaining ones if the ideas aren't cool enough yet. So basically, the answer is: Hopefully yes, eventually.

The hope is to have something in for all of them eventually, but I want to make them all special, so I'm not going to force myself to try to add the remaining ones if the ideas aren't cool enough yet. So basically, the answer is: Hopefully yes, eventually.
nice well i look forward to seeing them as they get added

I saw that's there is a problem with the celestial onion from Calamity because there is a way to have a 7th slot with enigma. But i can not find which item give us the 7th slot in Enigma, I kill all the Boss but don't get anithing.
I don't find it on the Wiki or in this forum, can someone help me ?

Back
Top Bottom