tModLoader The Enigma Mod

Thanks very much for your thoughts! Byfrost [formarly known as Etherial Frost] actually inflicts 'Frostbite', a debuff Enigma adds that deals 320 damage per second (very different to Frostburn lol)
Oh. I'm not sure how I didn't notice that. Whoops.
Time Stop was made to made to be somewhat useful with minimal accessories to accent it
The issue I have with this is that you effectively need your whole build made around it for it to be any use. Without the accessories, it's too short to do anything (by the time you activate it and switch weapons it's already half-done) and without one specific accessory you can't even move or attack making it utterly pointless without that.
Did you mention that you knew that there was a Mystic armor set that also synergizes with Time Stop? I feel like that is a huge part of the mechanic if you missed it that might change how you see it
Oh! I didn't know this however, as I've yet to mess around with the Mystic class. I was considering doing that as my next playthrough, so I'll definitely check that out then!

Oh! I didn't know this however, as I've yet to mess around with the Mystic class. I was considering doing that as my next playthrough, so I'll definitely check that out then!
I've played with the Mystic class, it's pretty alright, but that armor set is really cool.
Infact, there's 2 armor sets, the same leggings and helmet, but a different chestpiece for a different style of play.

As of the latest version, I'm having trouble with the music not playing. Any time I enter an Enigma mod area (e.g. the obsidium zone) my music slider gets set to 0% and must be manually reset. As long as I'm in the area it will instantly change to 0%, muting all music. This is very frustrating.

My understanding is that this can be caused by a faulty wavebank file, so I tried redownloading the mod from the in-game mod browser. Still didn't work. Then I tried the manual dropbox download in the top post in this thread. I noticed this file was about 8 megabytes larger than the one downloaded by the mod browser, so I figured that discrepancy was the problem. But even after multiple tries, both versions of the file give me the same problem.

I have a few other mods installed. Not many, and most notably Calamity, but nothing I can think of that should interfere.

I searched but couldn't find previous mention of this problem. Any help?

As of the latest version, I'm having trouble with the music not playing. Any time I enter an Enigma mod area (e.g. the obsidium zone) my music slider gets set to 0% and must be manually reset. As long as I'm in the area it will instantly change to 0%, muting all music. This is very frustrating.

My understanding is that this can be caused by a faulty wavebank file, so I tried redownloading the mod from the in-game mod browser. Still didn't work. Then I tried the manual dropbox download in the top post in this thread. I noticed this file was about 8 megabytes larger than the one downloaded by the mod browser, so I figured that discrepancy was the problem. But even after multiple tries, both versions of the file give me the same problem.

I have a few other mods installed. Not many, and most notably Calamity, but nothing I can think of that should interfere.

I searched but couldn't find previous mention of this problem. Any help?
Well, I've figured it out, and it wasn't a problem with the mod. TModLoader was having trouble playing any mod music.
The solution was to go into TModLoader's options and change music stream mode to "stream from cache". Fixed it handily, albeit with a longer startup load.

Well, I've figured it out, and it wasn't a problem with the mod. TModLoader was having trouble playing any mod music.
The solution was to go into TModLoader's options and change music stream mode to "stream from cache". Fixed it handily, albeit with a longer startup load.
glad you were able to fix the problem!
[doublepost=1555707687,1555707670][/doublepost]
For some reason when I enable this mod, I can't move. Any ideas?
What other mods do you have?

I'm having a problem with skeletron and skeletron prime i die in a instant how can i win againist that guy if i haven't time even to think a strategy ?

I'm having a problem with skeletron and skeletron prime i die in a instant how can i win againist that guy if i haven't time even to think a strategy ?
Rather than posting this offtopic message in unrelated threads, you make your own thread about it. Here's the link, click the "make new thread" button in the top right corner: PC Guides

(if this is not the place this person should ask for help in, please correct me)

If you mean the Etherial versions, the Ascension from Dune Sharkron should help you avoid the Guardians.

Odd report. Dune Sharkron seems to be bugged in multiplayer. Upon one person dying, he becomes invincible as if outside of the Desert biome, despite the remaining player and Sharkron himself still being within the Desert. Not sure if this was an isolated occurance because that boss is a pain and neither of us really want to fight him again to check.

Edit: We had a similar problem with Hypothema, minus the healthbar disappearing and dying being involved. One of us didn't seem to be dealing any damage at all for unknown reasons. Also I don't mean to be a bother but these two bosses could really use a rework. Both currently feel like projectile spam madness unfit for pre-hardmode, drop items pretty much exclusively for a single class, and are far more powerful at their tiers than they seemingly should be, but maybe that's just me being terrible at the game and the weird network lag we've both been getting despite me using my loopback address to access the server which is a whole other can of Eater of Worlds...

Last edited:
Odd report. Dune Sharkron seems to be bugged in multiplayer. Upon one person dying, he becomes invincible as if outside of the Desert biome, despite the remaining player and Sharkron himself still being within the Desert. Not sure if this was an isolated occurance because that boss is a pain and neither of us really want to fight him again to check.

Edit: We had a similar problem with Hypothema, minus the healthbar disappearing and dying being involved. One of us didn't seem to be dealing any damage at all for unknown reasons. Also I don't mean to be a bother but these two bosses could really use a rework. Both currently feel like projectile spam madness unfit for pre-hardmode, drop items pretty much exclusively for a single class, and are far more powerful at their tiers than they seemingly should be, but maybe that's just me being terrible at the game and the weird network lag we've both been getting despite me using my loopback address to access the server which is a whole other can of Eater of Worlds...
I wholeheartledly agree. All of Enigma's bosses are getting basically entirely redesigned and recoded for the 1.0 release to be much more interesting and non-buggy. Hopefully their release versions live up to your expectations!
[doublepost=1558051192,1558051162][/doublepost]Also nice comment on the lore release btw `;)

Speaking of bosses, may want to look into the netcode surrounding Ragnar some.
He was constantly teleporting all over the place in multiplayer, like every half second he would be somewhere else.
Upon defeating him, we didn't recieve a message or new spawns, but did get his treasure bag and loot, and he got checked off Boss Checklist.
However, after that, invisible enemies appeared that my partner in murder-hoboing the entire population of Terraria's summon kept attacking. Upon getting close, it promptly 1shot me. It had 328 HP (or was it 382?) and another had either 126 or 162. Both had no names, so I got messages like "[Name] was killed by ."
They are from the Enigma mod, generally found by hovering over the spot where they should be with WMITF installed. I assume they're partially-loaded versions of the new enemy types that should spawn after Ragnar is defeated.

Edit: Partner confirmed via Cheat Sheet Butcher that the invisible NPCs are literally immortal and unkillable despite appearing to take damage when attacked. Something funky is going on here, and it doesn't involve the Truffle for once.

Speaking of bosses, may want to look into the netcode surrounding Ragnar some.
He was constantly teleporting all over the place in multiplayer, like every half second he would be somewhere else.
Upon defeating him, we didn't recieve a message or new spawns, but did get his treasure bag and loot, and he got checked off Boss Checklist.
However, after that, invisible enemies appeared that my partner in murder-hoboing the entire population of Terraria's summon kept attacking. Upon getting close, it promptly 1shot me. It had 328 HP (or was it 382?) and another had either 126 or 162. Both had no names, so I got messages like "[Name] was killed by ."
They are from the Enigma mod, generally found by hovering over the spot where they should be with WMITF installed. I assume they're partially-loaded versions of the new enemy types that should spawn after Ragnar is defeated.

Edit: Partner confirmed via Cheat Sheet Butcher that the invisible NPCs are literally immortal and unkillable despite appearing to take damage when attacked. Something funky is going on here, and it doesn't involve the Truffle for once.
Now that's a new one. Fixing MP bugs is definitely high on the priority list. Thanks for bringing this to my attention!

Now that's a new one. Fixing MP bugs is definitely high on the priority list. Thanks for bringing this to my attention!
Mp Bugs are a :red:, easily one of the most annoying types of bugs to iron out, and I'm sure most people would agree with me on this, so I wish you good luck on that one Laugic.

SPEAKING OF MULTIPLAYER BUGS WOWIE here's a biggun.
So, on this dedicated server I'm running, my partner was using the Drillinator to do some world-saving from the fresh-spawned corruption in Hardmode, and well...
I was on the opposite end of the world, at the beach, about to cut some trees, when SUDDENLY everything started breaking but not dropping anything.
I figured out it was the area around my cursor with my Smart Cursor on, even though I only had a hamaxe equipped.
Turns out, blocks were breaking for me, when she was drilling. This also caused massive desync because the blocks drilled fine for her.
See: Aftermath, my POV:
unknown.png

Her POV:
unknown.png

(Don't mind the loot, King Slime randomly spawned between screenshots)

Also video of a test we did to confirm this behaviour:
ezgif-2-2dd91607ead1.gif

Edit: Upon re-opening the server, every block that didn't break for BOTH of us has reverted to its pre-breakage state.

Last edited:
Hey there! Wasn't sure if this was a change or a bug, but I noticed that (unlike what the Wiki/this page states) the Artifact of Restoration stills gives potion sickness, even though, as I understood it that shouldn't be the case.

potion.png

SPEAKING OF MULTIPLAYER BUGS WOWIE here's a biggun.
So, on this dedicated server I'm running, my partner was using the Drillinator to do some world-saving from the fresh-spawned corruption in Hardmode, and well...
I was on the opposite end of the world, at the beach, about to cut some trees, when SUDDENLY everything started breaking but not dropping anything.
I figured out it was the area around my cursor with my Smart Cursor on, even though I only had a hamaxe equipped.
Turns out, blocks were breaking for me, when she was drilling. This also caused massive desync because the blocks drilled fine for her.
See: Aftermath, my POV:
unknown.png

Her POV:
unknown.png

(Don't mind the loot, King Slime randomly spawned between screenshots)

Also video of a test we did to confirm this behaviour:
ezgif-2-2dd91607ead1.gif

Edit: Upon re-opening the server, every block that didn't break for BOTH of us has reverted to its pre-breakage state.
Do you know if this only happens wit Enigma enabled?

Do you know if this only happens wit Enigma enabled?
Well, yes. Specifically, it only occurs with the Enigma end-tier drills. Every other tool we've used (including ones that mine areas 3x3 up to ...15x15, I think? at a time from Qwerty's mod) has worked fine and not caused this issue. It seems to be something specific to the Drill-o-Tron, Drillinator, and Chariot. I thought maybe it has something to do with the way they "pull" your character as they drill. Not sure, though. It's the only thing unique about them that I figure could be the cause, unless maybe it has to do with the insanely high pick power/mining speed or something. (Also of note, the "pulling" doesn't seem to work when drilling down, since your downward speed caps out at Terraria's rather low falling speed.)

Edit: Also, apologies for the broken video. I could have sworn I saved it to a gif and uploaded it from my computer, but it seems I accidentally used the link from the converter, which deleted it shortly after. Here's part of the test showing the issue. She drills down and the blocks around my (non-pickaxe) tool break instead on my client.
OoL166g.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom