tModLoader The Enigma Mod

Yes, but I don't know how to move it. This was the first post I ever made on the forums, so I didn't know about the different categories `:sigh:
Actually, all you have you do is report the thread, and ask the mods in the "Report Reason" box to move the thread to a different category.

Hi, was using your mod for a little while i gotta say the way you dealth with potions is wonderful, but with 'all in one' stone comes the problem of some potions being annoying. Could we get something like a box where you can turn off some potion effects? And make a hotkey for it? Or maybe i'm blind and there's an option for that ?

Last edited:
Hi, was using your mod for a little while i gotta say the way you dealth with potions is wonderful, but with 'all in one' stone comes the problem of some potions being annoying. Could we get something like a box where you can turn off some potion effects? And make a hotkey for it? Or maybe i'm blind and there's an option for that ?
There is currently an option to turn off all visual potions and all movement potions separately. But I'm adding a way to be able to turn off every individual potion as well.

I just got the item "The World" and when using it in a single player world it freezes me as well as everything else, is that intended?

Edit: I am an idiot and only just looked at the materials the boss dropped to see that they make armour and accessories that make me immune to time stop

I just got the item "The World" and when using it in a single player world it freezes me as well as everything else, is that intended?

Edit: I am an idiot and only just looked at the materials the boss dropped to see that they make armour and accessories that make me immune to time stop
Glad you figured it out `:D

I noticed that some of the potion gems say to right-click to toggle their effects in higher tier gems, but I can't figure out what I'm supposed to right click on. I tried clicking the upgraded gem and clicking while holding the gem, but it doesn't seem to do anything. What am I doing wrong?

I noticed that some of the potion gems say to right-click to toggle their effects in higher tier gems, but I can't figure out what I'm supposed to right click on. I tried clicking the upgraded gem and clicking while holding the gem, but it doesn't seem to do anything. What am I doing wrong?
you right click the gem item in your inventory, like a treasure bag.

First of all, great mod! I'm enjoying messing around with it so far.
Secondly, got myself a little issue. The mod seems to crash the world generation once in a while, I've managed to create worlds with it active but sometimes it just flips and prevents the world gen from finishing and I have no idea why.

dFoM5ca.jpg

Not sure if that folder path has something to do with it, considering I'm not Alex and Alex does not exist on this computer xD But so far it's the most suspicious part of the error in my eyes :p

Edit: Seems to work when I use Terraria.exe (the tMod one of course) and not Steam to start the game. In fact after I screenied this error, Steam even refused to start the game but the .exe still worked fine.

Last edited:
First of all, great mod! I'm enjoying messing around with it so far.
Secondly, got myself a little issue. The mod seems to crash the world generation once in a while, I've managed to create worlds with it active but sometimes it just flips and prevents the world gen from finishing and I have no idea why.

dFoM5ca.jpg

Not sure if that folder path has something to do with it, considering I'm not Alex and Alex does not exist on this computer xD But so far it's the most suspicious part of the error in my eyes :p

Edit: Seems to work when I use Terraria.exe (the tMod one of course) and not Steam to start the game. In fact after I screenied this error, Steam even refused to start the game but the .exe still worked fine.
Hmmm. Yes I've been getting lots of reports of this error and I am not sure how to fix it at all. The entire file that it is saying contains an error has nothing to do with WorldGen and has no WorldGen code in it. I've already asked jopojelly for help on this, but they have yet to respond. I will update when the issue is resolved. Glad you're enjoying the mod though! That Terraria.exe might be a hint as well to what's going wrong. Hopefully this is fixable soon!

Hmmm. Yes I've been getting lots of reports of this error and I am not sure how to fix it at all. The entire file that it is saying contains an error has nothing to do with WorldGen and has no WorldGen code in it. I've already asked jopojelly for help on this, but they have yet to respond. I will update when the issue is resolved. Glad you're enjoying the mod though! That Terraria.exe might be a hint as well to what's going wrong. Hopefully this is fixable soon!

Let's hope so!
As a sidenote, some feedback and request/suggestion combined:

1) Feedback: The early game bonuses for the mage stone that focuses on Magic & Damage seems like it's still heavily leaning towards minions for the first few bosses. I don't know what it looks like post-Skeletron or in HM as I'm doing a fairly slow playthrough right now. However there's two reasons I mention this; first of all, people who use classes through mods very often try to stick to that class. Having a magic damage class with minion bonuses seems counter intuitive, especially when there's summon classes as well. Secondly, if those bonuses do lean more towards magic damage post-Skeletron or around HM, my honest opinion is that at that point, it's not the same helpful impact. By then you've usually gotten over the biggest bump for a mage - the early game mana starvation and cheap weapons.

2) Suggestion: This ties in a bit with #1, there's currently no way of knowing what a soul stone provides later down the line. If there's a list then I completely missed it but due to the fact that you don't see bonuses before you kill the bosses, and (here's the tie-in to #1) some stones have very misleading early game bonuses, even cheating in the stones in a world with some progress might not get you a good idea of what to go for. Currently the only way to see the full bonuses if you wish to plan what stone to use is to check them all in a post-ML world. Maybe a spoiler in your description or something on the wiki could help with this. For now I'm just checking them all after every few bosses to work around it, maybe at some point (when I've gotten around to filling the boss checklist) I'll just add the compiled list to the wiki :p

Let's hope so!
As a sidenote, some feedback and request/suggestion combined:

1) Feedback: The early game bonuses for the mage stone that focuses on Magic & Damage seems like it's still heavily leaning towards minions for the first few bosses. I don't know what it looks like post-Skeletron or in HM as I'm doing a fairly slow playthrough right now. However there's two reasons I mention this; first of all, people who use classes through mods very often try to stick to that class. Having a magic damage class with minion bonuses seems counter intuitive, especially when there's summon classes as well. Secondly, if those bonuses do lean more towards magic damage post-Skeletron or around HM, my honest opinion is that at that point, it's not the same helpful impact. By then you've usually gotten over the biggest bump for a mage - the early game mana starvation and cheap weapons.

2) Suggestion: This ties in a bit with #1, there's currently no way of knowing what a soul stone provides later down the line. If there's a list then I completely missed it but due to the fact that you don't see bonuses before you kill the bosses, and (here's the tie-in to #1) some stones have very misleading early game bonuses, even cheating in the stones in a world with some progress might not get you a good idea of what to go for. Currently the only way to see the full bonuses if you wish to plan what stone to use is to check them all in a post-ML world. Maybe a spoiler in your description or something on the wiki could help with this. For now I'm just checking them all after every few bosses to work around it, maybe at some point (when I've gotten around to filling the boss checklist) I'll just add the compiled list to the wiki :p
The way the Soul Stone works is each boss has a set of bonuses it can give. The Class stone you select then determined which of these bonuses you get from the boss. Not all bosses have effects that benefit every class (otherwise the stone would become way too powerful way too quickly), so the bonuses you get sometimes go outside of your class. If you really want all of your bonuses to be useful in your playthrough, the utility subclass is probably a better bet for you, as if there is a summon increase and none of the other bonuses increase your damage output, the damage focused stones tend to pick the increase in summon capacity.

Oh I don't mind if not all of them are useful, however a +5% or +10% magic damage somewhere around EoW/BoC wouldn't make you too powerful too quickly in my opinion, and it would also show that the stone does in fact focus on magic and damage :p Either way I'd be a fool to complain about what class bonuses you get considering all the content (vanilla and modded) is beatable without those to begin with, why complain about free stuff? Was just tossing in my two cents. Personally I tend to use class mods as an extra incentive to stick to a certain class of gear, and the way Enigma handles it is by far the least overpowered option without being useless so I'll happily deal with the +minions that will never be used, if it means I get that handful of other decently balanced bonuses :)

Back
Top Bottom