tModLoader The Enigma Mod

Oh I don't mind if not all of them are useful, however a +5% or +10% magic damage somewhere around EoW/BoC wouldn't make you too powerful too quickly in my opinion, and it would also show that the stone does in fact focus on magic and damage :p Either way I'd be a fool to complain about what class bonuses you get considering all the content (vanilla and modded) is beatable without those to begin with, why complain about free stuff? Was just tossing in my two cents. Personally I tend to use class mods as an extra incentive to stick to a certain class of gear, and the way Enigma handles it is by far the least overpowered option without being useless so I'll happily deal with the +minions that will never be used, if it means I get that handful of other decently balanced bonuses :)
I appreciate the feedback! Basically how I designed the preHM bosses to work was each boss had a class their bonuses focused on, as well as a few bonuses that didn't relate to that class, but in some way related to the boss, like Life Regen from Queen Bee because of Honey, or Attacks inflict Poison Damage, because of Stingers inflicting poison. The preHM bosses also give a second bonus when your class matches the class they are assigned that is specific to that class.

EoW/BoC should be the magic focused boss, so you should have gotten lots of benefits to mage play. This is the line from EoW/BoC:
string EoWBoC1 = "[c/884EA0:Causes 'Blood Rage' when struck]"; string EoWBoC2 = "[c/884EA0:+4 Defense, +20 Max Life]"; string EoWBoC3 = "[c/884EA0:+20 Max Mana, Increased Life Regeneration]"; string EoWBoC4 = "[c/884EA0:Increased Mana Regeneration]";
The 4th bonus is the one unique to Mage classes. The other Mage subclasses pick from the rest of the bonuses based on their secondary focus. If you have a damage focused build, I think you get Blood Rage, which is a damage increase for a duration of time after being struck.
[doublepost=1530316752,1530316450][/doublepost]I basically just wanted this level up system to be a bit more interesting than pure stat increases. The way I went about doing that unfortunately meant that some classes will sometimes get bonuses that could be useless, depending on your playstyle. However, I tried to minimize those as best as I could. There are really only 1 or 2 instances of it through the soul stone, but unfortunately one of them happens to be the first boss in the game, so it sours people's expectations. I could try changing the Summon bonus from King Slime actually, since the only reason I have that is because of the Slime Staff, which isn't technically related to King Slime at all.

I do think that a place to show all the information on the soul stone is a good idea though. It's just a bit hard to put together, since we'll have to show all 18 unique paths of bonuses.

Daym, that was even better than I expected :D

One question though: I just defeated Sharkron (he was amazing btw), but Dryad doesn't sell the summoning item for him. Can I buy it from another npc or do I have to craft summoning items every time?

Daym, that was even better than I expected :D

One question though: I just defeated Sharkron (he was amazing btw), but Dryad doesn't sell the summoning item for him. Can I buy it from another npc or do I have to craft summoning items every time?
You have to craft the summons every time, but Fargo added support for Enigma if you're more into buying summon items. The Eye of Cthulhu drops Dune Sharkron's summon item every time you kill it though.

I really like the intent behind the Bysmal ore, something you can only mine while in the Etherial dimension, but can you change how it's spawned so it doesn't generate above a certain height level? I was fighting Etheria a few times for more essence and a lot of it broke up my sky bridge and railway.

I really like the intent behind the Bysmal ore, something you can only mine while in the Etherial dimension, but can you change how it's spawned so it doesn't generate above a certain height level? I was fighting Etheria a few times for more essence and a lot of it broke up my sky bridge and railway.
Ah yes! I didn't intend for that to happen, thank you for pointing it out. I'll fix that in the next patch. Glad to hear you like the concept though! `:happy:
[doublepost=1530623709,1530623652][/doublepost]
i don't know if i'm the first to notice, but that sounds like diorite and andesite
Yupperino, that's the idea `;)

I tried that, and it worked for a while, but then all the optional effects suddenly stopped working and it wouldn't let me turn them back on, even if I right clicked them.
I'm going to be redoing the potion toggle effects soon. They will be updated to be more intuitive with the next patch (and hopefully work better).

I appreciate the feedback! -snip-

Yeah blood rage was indeed the one my character got, and it makes sense since it is indeed a damage increase, especially during a phase of the game where you get hit more often due to less mobility. It just eluded me because it wasn't shown as an actual damage increase and for some reason (probably due to the name) it made me think of a fighter type of bonus for jack-of-all-trades type characters. After seeing more of the bonuses from going into HM and post-mech, the differences did become more distinguishable between the classes. So far I'm very much enjoying the mod, and it's quite nice to have that little feeling of discovery return ever so slightly by looking at the stone after each new boss to see if there's something shiny. Still hope there'll be some painless way to compile that info at some point but 18 paths does sound like a lot of work >_<

Also, love that you added a fire counterpart to Water Bolt, and that it's obtainable in a reliable way in exchange for being gated, unlike WB which is obtainable whenever you want but you have to pray to RNGesus if you want it on a pre-skeletron/fresh character. Had so much fun with that spell so I had to give it a special mention even though it's not really constructive feedback on the mod as a whole :p

Back
Top Bottom