tModLoader The Enigma Mod

Yeah blood rage was indeed the one my character got, and it makes sense since it is indeed a damage increase, especially during a phase of the game where you get hit more often due to less mobility. It just eluded me because it wasn't shown as an actual damage increase and for some reason (probably due to the name) it made me think of a fighter type of bonus for jack-of-all-trades type characters. After seeing more of the bonuses from going into HM and post-mech, the differences did become more distinguishable between the classes. So far I'm very much enjoying the mod, and it's quite nice to have that little feeling of discovery return ever so slightly by looking at the stone after each new boss to see if there's something shiny. Still hope there'll be some painless way to compile that info at some point but 18 paths does sound like a lot of work >_<

Also, love that you added a fire counterpart to Water Bolt, and that it's obtainable in a reliable way in exchange for being gated, unlike WB which is obtainable whenever you want but you have to pray to RNGesus if you want it on a pre-skeletron/fresh character. Had so much fun with that spell so I had to give it a special mention even though it's not really constructive feedback on the mod as a whole :p
Well glad to hear you like Volcite! And indeed, the sense of discovery is exactly the feel I was going for with the Soul Stone. The feeling of "what bonus am I going to get next?" instead of just "Ooh another skill point. Time to put it into Damage, HP, or Mobility" is how I wanted to make the Soul Stone unique. Enigma Bosses are also going to get bonuses for the Soul Stone too at some point, so be on the lookout for those a few updates down the road!

Positive feedback is always appreciated btw. Comments dont have to just be constructive `;)

Oh! By the way, the wiki kind of has a list of what each Class Stone gives now- it just doesn't say what bonus is from which boss. And the bonuses are all compiled into one, so if you get 5% damage from one thing and 8% from another, it will say +13% damage to that thing. So it isn't exactly what you had in mind, but it's a start!

Well glad to hear you like Volcite! And indeed, the sense of discovery is exactly the feel I was going for with the Soul Stone. The feeling of "what bonus am I going to get next?" instead of just "Ooh another skill point. Time to put it into Damage, HP, or Mobility" is how I wanted to make the Soul Stone unique. Enigma Bosses are also going to get bonuses for the Soul Stone too at some point, so be on the lookout for those a few updates down the road!

Positive feedback is always appreciated btw. Comments dont have to just be constructive `;)

Oh! By the way, the wiki kind of has a list of what each Class Stone gives now- it just doesn't say what bonus is from which boss. And the bonuses are all compiled into one, so if you get 5% damage from one thing and 8% from another, it will say +13% damage to that thing. So it isn't exactly what you had in mind, but it's a start!

It's a great start. Took a quick look and it was pretty much exactly what I had in mind, contrary to your statement :p I don't think it's important which boss gives what compared to just being able to see if it's the right soul for your desired play style or not. It's also easier to just see it compressed if you're just checking for a glimpse of what to expect.

Question though, have you considered the "Wing slot" mod for the bonus that's listed as "Increased Wing flight time if worn under Wings."? How would they interact with each other?
That's just my curiosity asking, personally I know my mod list includes some mods with wings that are crazy enough without the added time, so now I'm just wondering about mod compatibility, and pointing it out because someone else would probably ask sooner or later anyway :p

It's a great start. Took a quick look and it was pretty much exactly what I had in mind, contrary to your statement :p I don't think it's important which boss gives what compared to just being able to see if it's the right soul for your desired play style or not. It's also easier to just see it compressed if you're just checking for a glimpse of what to expect.

Question though, have you considered the "Wing slot" mod for the bonus that's listed as "Increased Wing flight time if worn under Wings."? How would they interact with each other?
That's just my curiosity asking, personally I know my mod list includes some mods with wings that are crazy enough without the added time, so now I'm just wondering about mod compatibility, and pointing it out because someone else would probably ask sooner or later anyway :p
I'm not sure if the wing slot is considered above or below the rest of the accessories. The only reason I put "if worn under wings" is because it only seemed to apply the increase to flight time when it was under them for some reason, not because I purposefully designed it that way. So I'm not sure about that one `:p

I'm not sure if the wing slot is considered above or below the rest of the accessories. The only reason I put "if worn under wings" is because it only seemed to apply the increase to flight time when it was under them for some reason, not because I purposefully designed it that way. So I'm not sure about that one `:p
Fair enough, I do programming (not modding though) so I can agree that sometimes it's temporarily better to just follow the code and don't ask why :p

could you please change the fact that when using a warrior soul stone i get an extra melee slot? it would be great if you just changed it to damage, speed, or critical strike chance of something that actually helps the class warrior and not summoner. so far i have gotten the exact same boosts as i would from the necromancer soul stone which is for summoners. i am not sure if its a bug or not though. great mod as i have said before. keep up the good work!
[doublepost=1530897345,1530897160][/doublepost]
could you please change the fact that when using a warrior soul stone i get an extra melee slot? it would be great if you just changed it to damage, speed, or critical strike chance of something that actually helps the class warrior and not summoner. so far i have gotten the exact same boosts as i would from the necromancer soul stone which is for summoners. i am not sure if its a bug or not though. great mod as i have said before. keep up the good work!
don't worry the jpg is safe with no vulgar content, peepee is just what i call one of my friends. the cat is his profile picture on console

Attachments

• peepee's cat thumb up.jpg
    peepee's cat thumb up.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 142
[doublepost=1530897345,1530897160][/doublepost]
don't worry the jpg is safe with no vulgar content, peepee is just what i call one of my friends. the cat is his profile picture on console
Im probably going to change the King Slime bonus to not be an extra minion slot, but there will be some bonuses that you might not consider useful, since the bonuses are chosen from a selection of bonuses that easy boss has, not specifically made for each class.

the andio duo boss is really tough for a pre-hardmode boss. and after i respawn they come to my spawn and they don't despawn until i fail in the actual andio phase. the boss fight is really fun though

So... fix for world gen crash seemed to work for a while, but it seems to have come back some how. Happens during the obsidium generation...

Edit: Seems to be related to World Gen Previewer apparently. It doesn't like displaying certain things for some reason.

Last edited:
The game seems to crash when it is Reloading Game Objects. I have loads of mods installed. Like, all the ones on Chippy's Mega Modpack.

The game seems to crash when it is Reloading Game Objects. I have loads of mods installed. Like, all the ones on Chippy's Mega Modpack.
Well if you have hundreds of mods, and people aren't getting it with just Enigma enabled, I think a different mod is causing it.

Iv'e been playing around with modded Terraria for a while now, this mod included in the long list, and only just discovered a conflict it has with having a 7th accessory slot. Not sure if it is intentional but i figured I would bring it up because it took a while for me to disable and re-enable all of the mods I have, around 40, to find which mod would not allow the 7th slot. I looked around on the internet for a while and couldn't find anything about it.

* After disabling the mod I regain the ability to have a 7th accessory slot.

Iv'e been playing around with modded Terraria for a while now, this mod included in the long list, and only just discovered a conflict it has with having a 7th accessory slot. Not sure if it is intentional but i figured I would bring it up because it took a while for me to disable and re-enable all of the mods I have, around 40, to find which mod would not allow the 7th slot. I looked around on the internet for a while and couldn't find anything about it.

* After disabling the mod I regain the ability to have a 7th accessory slot.
Enigma adds its own way to get the 7th accessory slot, which is probably what it is.

i can't seem to figure out how to get gears (the ones that say they are like cogs but better) or the NPC that is called the conductor which is on the wiki with no information. if you have already told someone about all of this sorry, i read slowly so i won't be going through all the pages of this thread...

i can't seem to figure out how to get gears (the ones that say they are like cogs but better) or the NPC that is called the conductor which is on the wiki with no information. if you have already told someone about all of this sorry, i read slowly so i won't be going through all the pages of this thread...
The conductor sells them, and spawns once you've defeated all 3 steampunk bosses (and you have a house open)

The conductor sells them, and spawns once you've defeated all 3 steampunk bosses (and you have a house open)
well, would you look at that, i just killed the last steampunk boss. probably should of waited longer... sorry for my impatience. and btw i made like a 4x15 house block so i should have open houses seeing as how every boss i spawn kills almost every one of my NPC's every time, not just your mod so its fine. even the destroyer killed like 10(and since i kill bosses in a row one boss reduces and others kill off the rest)...
[doublepost=1531236440,1531236389][/doublepost]oh and thanks for the w=quick response

well, would you look at that, i just killed the last steampunk boss. probably should of waited longer... sorry for my impatience. and btw i made like a 4x15 house block so i should have open houses seeing as how every boss i spawn kills almost every one of my NPC's every time, not just your mod so its fine. even the destroyer killed like 10(and since i kill bosses in a row one boss reduces and others kill off the rest)...
[doublepost=1531236440,1531236389][/doublepost]oh and thanks for the w=quick response
Sure thing `:happy: enjoy your new steampunk items!

Back
Top Bottom