tModLoader The Enigma Mod

I'm having an odd problem. I just made the gem of enhancement and it worked for a while, but now does not fully function. It doesn't give the full buffs it used to. I found that if a make a new character and put it on them, it works again. I also found that some of the buffs from the soul stone stopped working as well. when i use ninja, the greatly improved jump is no longer working, and again it works if i make a new character to put it on. Is this some kind of character bug or glitch that happens over time? How do i fix it? I really don't want to have to make a new character every time this happens.
fixed.

Hi, I love the mod, great content and the class system.
My biggest annoyance however is the moltioch and the molten souls (the enemies that drop magmatic crystal: https://enigmamod.gamepedia.com/Magmatic_Crystal).
They spawn way too often, too much damage, too much health and go through walls (in my opinion).
I understand some enemies should be hard but these are very hard to take on, especially the moltioch, as you cant see where they are arriving from and you have no time to dodge.
Personally, I would prefer if the moltioch spawns less, not as fast or not as much health (its basically a miniboss at this point but its a common enemy) and that the molten soul collides with walls (cant float through).
At the moment i have given up ever going to caverns because of these 2 enemies , I have 85 armor and decent weapons but still cant take them on, even if i set the spawn rate to 0.25x normal they are a constant. However I am playing expert and using calamity revengeance mod (harder than expert basically) which may be influencing things. (But still very annoying for me).
Also I would love to have a more obvious boss progression for the soul stone but also understand that might not be the point (or too hard to implement).

Overall I love all (apart from aforementioned enemies) of the mod that i have experienced and am excited to go further in the mod. Many thanks for making a mod that adds so much cool things. Keep up the great work ^-^
(hope this didn't come across negatively)

Hi! Thanks for making this mod. It's been fun running around and finding things, and jamming to the obsidium biome music. <3

However, I've run into a bit of a game-breaking bug - when a world is converted to Expert mode (using, say, luiafk commands), it can no longer be loaded. Also, if I try to create an expert world, it crashes immediately. Here's the stack trace:

Code:
Index was outside the bounds of the array.
  at Laugicality.NPCs.EtherialGlobalNPC.ScaleExpertStats(NPC npc, Int32 numPlayers, Single bossLifeScale) in d:\Users\Alex\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\Laugicality\NPCs\EtherialGlobalNPC.cs:line 159
  at Terraria.ModLoader.NPCLoader.ScaleExpertStats(NPC npc, Int32 numPlayers, Single bossLifeScale)
  at Terraria.NPC.scaleStats()
  at Terraria.NPC.SetDefaults(Int32 Type, Single scaleOverride)
  at Luiafk.LuiafkMod.PostAddRecipes()
  at Terraria.ModLoader.RecipeHooks.PostAddRecipes()

Banner Checklist also trips this particular issue when used with it.

Thanks again for making this, and I hope your holidays go well!

Welp, I did it, I played through it again and focused on Mystic gear and armors and...

This is pretty unbalanced.

First off, the Yutide is "way" WAY too strong and powerful for when you get it. I wasn't even using Mystic armors back then. But with this thing the destruction and Illusion firemodes are insane.

Destruction rapidly fires mouse curser-homing shots that deal 30 base damage. That's already on par with early hardmode weapons. But consider they have homing that's equal to the rainbow rod, increased speed verses said rod, and the shots give off a TON of light making it very useful as a utility.
The Illusion firemode fires bouncing shots that appear to be able to piece without a hit limit, at all. this mode is so strong with the right mystic gear it's viable against the Destroyer. (and tears the 2-evil bosses to pieces easily)

It completely outshine's Hades' Judgement, and that's post-evil boss (featuring a boss you gotta fight underground unless you make a custom biome on the surface), with Yutide being post EoC.
Sure I kept it around to get Pluto's Frost later on. But it was very useful most of the game.

The later weapons felt ok, but the class in-general late hardmode started feeling weak, maybe I didn't get the right combos but I wasn't able to pump out nearly as much damage with Pluto's Frost or Hallow's Eve.
I made every weapon I could and tried to get as many mystic items to powerup too.

This class just seems all over the place, combine that with the Soul Stone which I was using too, which starts getting a TON of stat effects later on.
I mean what is it? Some projectile magic-like class, some ranger thing. A melee class?
Not saying it's bad, there's alot of cool stuff here, but what I saying is the Mystic class doesn't seem to have a solid foundation on which it is build. It kinda feels Tremor Alchemist 2.0

Welp, I did it, I played through it again and focused on Mystic gear and armors and...

This is pretty unbalanced.

First off, the Yutide is "way" WAY too strong and powerful for when you get it. I wasn't even using Mystic armors back then. But with this thing the destruction and Illusion firemodes are insane.

Destruction rapidly fires mouse curser-homing shots that deal 30 base damage. That's already on par with early hardmode weapons. But consider they have homing that's equal to the rainbow rod, increased speed verses said rod, and the shots give off a TON of light making it very useful as a utility.
The Illusion firemode fires bouncing shots that appear to be able to piece without a hit limit, at all. this mode is so strong with the right mystic gear it's viable against the Destroyer. (and tears the 2-evil bosses to pieces easily)

It completely outshine's Hades' Judgement, and that's post-evil boss (featuring a boss you gotta fight underground unless you make a custom biome on the surface), with Yutide being post EoC.
Sure I kept it around to get Pluto's Frost later on. But it was very useful most of the game.

The later weapons felt ok, but the class in-general late hardmode started feeling weak, maybe I didn't get the right combos but I wasn't able to pump out nearly as much damage with Pluto's Frost or Hallow's Eve.
I made every weapon I could and tried to get as many mystic items to powerup too.

This class just seems all over the place, combine that with the Soul Stone which I was using too, which starts getting a TON of stat effects later on.
I mean what is it? Some projectile magic-like class, some ranger thing. A melee class?
Not saying it's bad, there's alot of cool stuff here, but what I saying is the Mystic class doesn't seem to have a solid foundation on which it is build. It kinda feels Tremor Alchemist 2.0

Rest assured it’s getting balanced, like really balanced, laugic has, quite the plan.

It’s “op” I get that, but the point is it to be a good true meele, but it could use a nerf
It doesn't seem viable that much outside of boss fights, when you have a random chance of banishing the enemy to the etherial.
I guess it's hard to consider what a balanced "true melee" sword is like at this stage in the game, since almost all melee weapons arn't melee (IE shoot projectiles)
I think it could work maybe just less damage or something
Cus as it stands it's stronger than the Meowmere.

It doesn't seem viable that much outside of boss fights, when you have a random chance of banishing the enemy to the etherial.
I guess it's hard to consider what a balanced "true melee" sword is like at this stage in the game, since almost all melee weapons arn't melee (IE shoot projectiles)
I think it could work maybe just less damage or something
Cus as it stands it's stronger than the Meowmere.
Oh ho ho, you want OP? Try the Train Scythe. Massive damage, more reach than the Bysmal Blade, causes a debuff, and no chance of banishing an enemy instead of killing it!
That said it's great and I love it please don't nerf it it's such a fun weapon the sheer ridiculousness is amazing and even with it I found lots of content quite hard.

But ah, with that said, there's something I'd like to bring up that's happening in my latest testing. It seems the In-Etherial Etheria battle is bugged out, or at least it was while I was doing it. When Etheria started spawning Etherial Shadows, I'd defeat one, and another seemingly would instantly take its place, and they stacked, to the point I had like 8 shadows on-screen. They also seemed to heal Etheria each time they died, and due to the sheer number, it was near impossible to kill Etheria without accidentally killing multiple of the Shadows. It could be a weird mod interaction or something, not sure. But either way it was rather problematic, even during my testing with God Mode enabled. Had to use the butcher to finally end the fight because there were so many Shadows that it nearly crashed.

Also why is Etheria still not using the new sprite in either battle? It looks so good, it's a shame it's not being used yet.

Oh right, I forgot about the Electro zapper too. (or whatever it's called)
the weapon that shoots a steamy snowflake that breaks into 5 snow flakes after flying a while, can piece with no limit, fires very quickly, AND has stupidly high base damage on top of all that.
Also why is Etheria still not using the new sprite in either battle? It looks so good, it's a shame it's not being used yet.
What new sprite? I don't see a new sprite...

Oh right, I forgot about the Electro zapper too. (or whatever it's called)
the weapon that shoots a steamy snowflake that breaks into 5 snow flakes after flying a while, can piece with no limit, fires very quickly, AND has stupidly high base damage on top of all that.

What new sprite? I don't see a new sprite...
upload_2019-1-23_15-35-9.png

20181005202747%21Etheria.png

And I'm sure I'd seen a fully animated one somewhere on this forum too, so I'm surprised it still isn't implemented.

The mod doesn't work on TModLoader x64 , crashes upon creating Obsidium Biome.
tModLoader x64 is not official and in early stages. It is not mod author's duty to make sure it works on an unofficial fork.
I would reccommend mentioning this to the x64tModLoader people. They have a growing list of incompatible mods.
The more information they're given, the more they can work on making it more compatible.
does this have support with the boss checklist?
Yes.

Edit: Nevermind, came across the reasons. Was unaware he could only be fought in the desert.

Last edited:
hey, i've been playing your mod for a bit and I must say that some of the obsidium enemies are really annoying (specifically the worms) and the spawn rates make it even worse. I have an obsidium biome going straight through my hellevator and was hoping I could cleanse it with a clentaminator only to find that it (green solution atleast) didnt work. Is there any way you can make it work?

I just finished my first playthrough with this mod; here's some feedback.

Potion Gems/Crystals/Stones/Relics/Artifact were really nice; having to use an accessory slot, but being able to combine them later on, made for a reasonable progression.

That said, I was playing a mage, and the Mana Regeneration Gem does not work as advertised. The Mana Regeneration Potion essentially modifies the mana regen formula to always treat the player as standing still and having max mana, as well as reducing the delay before regeneration starts. I don't know exactly what the Gem does, but it is still dependent on current mana, and doesn't reduce the initial delay nearly as much. Is this for balance reasons, or is it a bug? The wiki goes into detail on how the potion works here: https://terraria.wiki.gg/Mana, which is probably a better explanation.

The various normal-world bosses were fun fights, with the exception of the Steam Train, though I think that's more a matter of my arena and the Electrospark being OP.
I did encounter a bug with Dioritus/Andesia/AnDio though. My first attempt at fighting them I died to Dioritus, and my second attempt to Andesia. But on my third attempt I fought (and beat) Dioritus, Andesia, Andesia again, Dioritus and Andesia together, AnDio; I assume that the second Andesia is not supposed to be there. Also, on subsequent fights, the battle is only Dioritus and Andesia together, AnDio; I do not fight them individually.

The weapons I tried (all the magic ones) seemed mostly balanced, with the exception of Electrospark. Being able to pierce through blocks and that high a number of enemies with high damage, fire rate, and spread is too much. I'd suggest removing the piercing (blocks and enemies), since the Steaminator fills that niche, and it would give more incentive to space the projectile so it has room to split.

The Etherial is a cool idea, but needs work (which you've noted in the OP). The Etherial versions of most earlier bosses don't hold up to post-Golem firepower, and the Golem itself is one of the easier bosses to start with. Plantera and the Steam Trio were the only ones to put up a decent fight, though Skeletron had a nasty surprise. The Etherial items also range all over the place in regards to balance and usefulness. Here's my thoughts on them, in approximately boss order.
  • Etherial Gel: It's not bad, but there are plenty of other accessories that do this or better, especially wings.
  • Eye of Etheria: I assume this is going to be more relevant as the mod develops; currently I don't see much use for looking across the dimensions.
  • Ascension: This one was good; it's hard to go wrong with better wings.
  • Etherial Scarf: Bland, but mostly balanced.
  • Fragmented Mind: Potentially a good risk/reward item, but I rarely find myself in a situation where I can afford to take a few hits, unless my Defense is so high I can just tank things outright. This may just be what I get for playing a mage though.
  • Byfrost: It seems a bit weak, since damage over time effects only really work well against bosses.
  • Etherial Pack: The effect is basically useless; honey is very rare, meaning this only works if you build an arena specifically to make use of this accessory.
  • Molten Etheria: Lava is more common, but this is even harder to use in arenas/most boss fights. The max Life bonus does at least give this some general-purpose use.
  • Etherial Skull: Hilariously overpowered; I've managed to get nearly a 600% boost in damage from this accessory.
  • The World of Etheria: I haven't used Time Stop yet, so no comment.
  • Etherial Energy: Another accessory slot is always welcome.
  • The Destruction: On its own, this would probably still be too powerful. With the Etherial Skull, however, you can easily tank even the Moon Lord and get a massive damage boost from it.
  • Mechanical Rage: I wasn't able to properly test this one, but the basic idea seems good.
  • Justice: Potentially very good, potentially worthless. It all depends on whether that one hit was a big one or a small one. Overall, I think it's fine, though it's not my cup of tea.
  • The Annihilation: "On kill" effects have the problem of not being good against most bosses, which is where you most want big damage boosts. It's not bad, so much as it doesn't have a good time to use it.
  • Etherworks: This, on the other hand, is perfect for events. One enemy dies, explodes into cogs, and potentially kills another enemy in a chain reaction. Having the debuff means it still has some uses against bosses too. It's probably my favorite of these: a relatively balanced unique effect.
  • Etherial Tank: The sound on this gets old quickly; maybe tie it to the visibility toggle? I couldn't get the collision part to work right, and the formula is hard to understand without knowing what value is used for movement speed. It's hopefully not mph, because I was up to 100 mph on Asphalt, which would give 50,000 damage.
  • Etherial Sac: This one feels okay. Being grappled to a block is a dangerous thing in the endgame fights, but this provides a high payoff, and the life regen helps mitigate the risk. It also has synergy with the Antigravity Hook
  • Stone of Etheria: This one can get out of hand with the Etherial Skull/The Destruction combo, but will probably be fine once that gets fixed.
  • I couldn't find an Etherial Duke Fishron summon.
  • Etherial Globe: Being able to take your shiny new toys anywhere is a good payoff for beating the Moon Lord.
The Bysmal armor could probably use a better explanation for how it works. I'd also appreciate a way to "lock" the effects; currently I've got Etherial Skull/The Destruction/Etherial Globe for effective godmode, but fighting any Etherial boss would mean fighting Skeletron/The Destroyer/Moon Lord again just to get back to where I am now. Also, this really needs something for summoners, because they don't get any minions from this armor set.
The Bysmal tier is also missing a magic weapon, though it's not really a big deal.

I liked the sprites, though something about Slybertron seems a bit off. I also liked the music, especially Obsidium, Ragnar, and Etheria. And this is more of a personal thing, but I appreciate that the mod isn't constantly flooding my inventory with items I have no use for-- that's one of my biggest gripes with a lot of content mods (especially Thorium). Overall, I plan to keep this mod, and I'll probably give Mystic a try soon.

Back
Top Bottom