tModLoader The Enigma Mod

I'm not sure if this is an Enigma or Elements Awoken issue, or a combination of both, so I'm posting it in both places.
I logged into the Dedicated Server I'm running after my partner did. She's using ranged, and has Enigma's Crystallized Magma equipped, which spawns Magma Shard projectiles on critical hits. I am using Magic, and currently equipped with the Thundersoul from EA. I do not have the Crystallized Magma equipped, but when I crit with this weapon, and so far seemingly only this weapon (I've tried numerous), Magma Shards spawn as if she was the one that crit. I assume this has something to do with issues addressing projectile ownership regarding the Thundersoul
My guesses are either:
1. Thundersoul's projectiles "unowned", confusing the Crystallized Magma which doesn't have a case for this, so it spawns the shards anyway. This would moreso be an Enigma issue.
2. Thundersoul's projectiles "unowned", and the game is automatically asigning them to the first player who entered the server since unowned projectiles aren't a thing. This would moreso be an Elements Awoken issue.

I don't know how Terraria is coded, but as an (admittedly ameteur) programmer I would assume it's one of these cases that's the cause.

Edit: Also on the case of Magma Shards, as it stands they're pretty overpowered with any high rate-of-fire piercing weapon if you aim for as high crit as possible. Perhaps lower the % of the weapon's damage they deal, or lower the number spawned.

It appears that (on a Dedicated Server, at least) when in the Etherial, the Cultist Devotees and Cultist Archers don't "vanish". Their AI still stops, but they remain there and able to be killed. The tablet does not, however, and the Lunatic Cultist does not spawn, as expected.

Also Etherial Skeletron is ridiculous. The dungeon guardians are so fast that they're essentially impossible to avoid, especially when they're lag-teleporting around in multiplayer. We tried like 4 times before I just decided to cheat-sheet butcher him because yeesh.

Edit: Also, the Bysmal Wand flat out doesn't work. Dedicated Server, inside Etherial before re-defeating Etheria, it just doesn't shoot any projectiles or hit enemies, period.

Edit 2:
The Etherial Wall of Flesh starts by going the wrong way (this is seemingly intended?) but spawns DIRECTLY behind you, meaning you instantly get hit unless you're already running the correct direction when summoning. That's rather unfair. Also its sprite is broken, in that it had a large number of the Hungry connectors that all connected to one unmoving point far offscreen.

The Etherial Skeletron Prime is, as expected, as ridiculous as the normal Etherial Skeletron. Except this time the Dungeon Guardian also shoots projectiles and has a stupid hitbox.

The Etherial Sylbertron didn't despawn in time, causing its minions to start appearing at spawn after respawning, and they didn't despawn when it did. Since their attacks go through walls and deal high damage, and these slimes got suck in corners of every house around spawn, they repeatedly spawnkilled us both.

Also the music in the Etherial gets VERY grating after an hour or two.

Edit 3:
The High Priestess, when placed and wired up (even correctly as it says) does not function at all in Multilplayer.
The item High Priestess will transfer to the Etherial for about 1 second then automatically transfer back, no matter what.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if this is an Enigma or Elements Awoken issue, or a combination of both, so I'm posting it in both places.
I logged into the Dedicated Server I'm running after my partner did. She's using ranged, and has Enigma's Crystallized Magma equipped, which spawns Magma Shard projectiles on critical hits. I am using Magic, and currently equipped with the Thundersoul from EA. I do not have the Crystallized Magma equipped, but when I crit with this weapon, and so far seemingly only this weapon (I've tried numerous), Magma Shards spawn as if she was the one that crit. I assume this has something to do with issues addressing projectile ownership regarding the Thundersoul
My guesses are either:
1. Thundersoul's projectiles "unowned", confusing the Crystallized Magma which doesn't have a case for this, so it spawns the shards anyway. This would moreso be an Enigma issue.
2. Thundersoul's projectiles "unowned", and the game is automatically asigning them to the first player who entered the server since unowned projectiles aren't a thing. This would moreso be an Elements Awoken issue.

I don't know how Terraria is coded, but as an (admittedly ameteur) programmer I would assume it's one of these cases that's the cause.

Edit: Also on the case of Magma Shards, as it stands they're pretty overpowered with any high rate-of-fire piercing weapon if you aim for as high crit as possible. Perhaps lower the % of the weapon's damage they deal, or lower the number spawned.
The Magmatic Crystal is going to be completely revamped in its effect, along with most of the other Obsidium loot, so this issue should resolve when that happens regardless of which mod was at fault
[doublepost=1559408509,1559407959][/doublepost]
It appears that (on a Dedicated Server, at least) when in the Etherial, the Cultist Devotees and Cultist Archers don't "vanish". Their AI still stops, but they remain there and able to be killed. The tablet does not, however, and the Lunatic Cultist does not spawn, as expected.

Also Etherial Skeletron is ridiculous. The dungeon guardians are so fast that they're essentially impossible to avoid, especially when they're lag-teleporting around in multiplayer. We tried like 4 times before I just decided to cheat-sheet butcher him because yeesh.

Edit: Also, the Bysmal Wand flat out doesn't work. Dedicated Server, inside Etherial before re-defeating Etheria, it just doesn't shoot any projectiles or hit enemies, period.

Edit 2:
The Etherial Wall of Flesh starts by going the wrong way (this is seemingly intended?) but spawns DIRECTLY behind you, meaning you instantly get hit unless you're already running the correct direction when summoning. That's rather unfair. Also its sprite is broken, in that it had a large number of the Hungry connectors that all connected to one unmoving point far offscreen.

The Etherial Skeletron Prime is, as expected, as ridiculous as the normal Etherial Skeletron. Except this time the Dungeon Guardian also shoots projectiles and has a stupid hitbox.

The Etherial Sylbertron didn't despawn in time, causing its minions to start appearing at spawn after respawning, and they didn't despawn when it did. Since their attacks go through walls and deal high damage, and these slimes got suck in corners of every house around spawn, they repeatedly spawnkilled us both.

Also the music in the Etherial gets VERY grating after an hour or two.

Edit 3:
The High Priestess, when placed and wired up (even correctly as it says) does not function at all in Multilplayer.
The item High Priestess will transfer to the Etherial for about 1 second then automatically transfer back, no matter what.
In terms of Etherial Skeletron being ridiculous and too fast- do you have Ascension and/or steamspark jetboots? They drastically increase your movement.
Edit 1: I have no idea why Bysmal Wand wouldnt work in MP. I'll have to look into that. Its code is the same as many other weapons that work in MP.
Edit 2: I should make WoF spawn further behind indeed. However, every time I tested him he spawned going the right direction, so it must be something in MP- so I'll look into that.
I'll try fixing the mechanical dungeon guardian's hitbox
Slybertron's slimes not despawning is a good catch. I'll fix that soon.
Not sure what to do about the tile not working, as I didnt know tile code worked differently in multiplayer, so I'll look into that as well.

Thanks for the feedback! `:D

In terms of Etherial Skeletron being ridiculous and too fast- do you have Ascension and/or steamspark jetboots? They drastically increase your movement.
I'm actually using the Aquatic Waders from Elements Awoken, which if I recall from my testing, actually have higher movespeed than the jetboots, but probably not ascension. It was probably mostly just unfair feeling due to them "teleporting around" due to multiplayer being a bit laggy.
Edit 1: I have no idea why Bysmal Wand wouldnt work in MP. I'll have to look into that. Its code is the same as many other weapons that work in MP.
I have yet to test it again in Multiplayer, but I tested it again later in Singleplayer when I remembered, and it did work after beating Etheria. Not sure if it'll work in MP though.
Not sure what to do about the tile not working, as I didnt know tile code worked differently in multiplayer, so I'll look into that as well.
Actually, it didn't seem to work in Singleplayer either. I'd flip a switch, particles would spawn (which didn't happen in Multiplayer), then nothing. Granted, I didn't try the various wire configurations in Singleplayer, so I probably just still had it wired wrong.

Thanks for the feedback! `:D
My pleasure! Though sorry for so many bugs, and sorry for not knowing what things are Enigma and what things are weird inter-mod interactions. If I had the time to test every mod individually I would.

Well the High Priestess thing is either a cross mod bug, or you are touching an even number of the tiles with wire- making it transfer there and then immediately back.

On the topic of "teleporting around"-
Many Etherial bosses actually have the ability to teleport to the other side of you to make it so that you cant just run in a single direction to win the fight. The dungeon guardian is one of these. If you dont have the Ascension wings & are using boots from another mod, that's probably why you're having a hard time. Ascension wings are Dune Sharkron's Etherial drop btw- they are very powerful.

On the topic of "teleporting around"-
Many Etherial bosses actually have the ability to teleport to the other side of you to make it so that you cant just run in a single direction to win the fight. The dungeon guardian is one of these. If you dont have the Ascension wings & are using boots from another mod, that's probably why you're having a hard time. Ascension wings are Dune Sharkron's Etherial drop btw- they are very powerful.
I'm aware of the Ascension. Still though, the teleporting isn't exactly fair with the Dungeon Guardian due to their speed and 1-shot nature, and I feel like using one specific accessory shouldn't be essential to the fight. It just doesn't feel rewarding currently, it feels cheap. A few of the Etherial fights feel this way, where the mechanics are just kind of poorly explained and need specific circumstances that you aren't really given any indication of. It took an entire fight of floundering around before we figured out you had to be in water to damage Duke Fishron, since that wasn't even hinted at anywhere (and by that point many people have some form of waterwalking/use waterwalking when fighting the Duke, so like us, wouldn't accidentally figure it out that easily).

I'm aware of the Ascension. Still though, the teleporting isn't exactly fair with the Dungeon Guardian due to their speed and 1-shot nature, and I feel like using one specific accessory shouldn't be essential to the fight. It just doesn't feel rewarding currently, it feels cheap. A few of the Etherial fights feel this way, where the mechanics are just kind of poorly explained and need specific circumstances that you aren't really given any indication of. It took an entire fight of floundering around before we figured out you had to be in water to damage Duke Fishron, since that wasn't even hinted at anywhere (and by that point many people have some form of waterwalking/use waterwalking when fighting the Duke, so like us, wouldn't accidentally figure it out that easily).
That's a good point- I should be more transparent with some of the new etherial mechanics. However, I tried to make the Dungeon Guardian mechanic as fair as possible- after it teleports, it freezes for about 2 seconds before moving towards you again, which should give you ample time to react- unless that's bugged in multiplayer.

That's a good point- I should be more transparent with some of the new etherial mechanics. However, I tried to make the Dungeon Guardian mechanic as fair as possible- after it teleports, it freezes for about 2 seconds before moving towards you again, which should give you ample time to react- unless that's bugged in multiplayer.
There was no freezing that I could see.

maybe it's rude but can you upload the mod not only on the dropbox but more way.(i can't conect the dropbox:( )

Huh... What's the purpose of Nova Fragments? They aren't a material used in any crafting recipe, unlike the Galactic Fragments (which I think are only used in making The Chariot anyway) and they can't be "used" by left clicking with them or anything.

Huh... What's the purpose of Nova Fragments? They aren't a material used in any crafting recipe, unlike the Galactic Fragments (which I think are only used in making The Chariot anyway) and they can't be "used" by left clicking with them or anything.
They are going to be a material for end game throwing equipment, but we havent added any yet since we're focusing on fleshing out the content in the bulk of the game before tackling end game stuff.

They are going to be a material for end game throwing equipment, but we havent added any yet since we're focusing on fleshing out the content in the bulk of the game before tackling end game stuff.
Sounds nice!
...You should give the ability to just throw them too, for the fun of it, since they're said to have lots of energy. Have them float a while before coming to a stop, then BIG explosion! Since these aren't exactly fun materials to farm loads of, anyway.

Although what will you do in the case that the devs decide to remove Throwing? There have been suggestions that they didn't like how it turned out and want to undo the addition of Throwing as a damage type in 1.3.6 or beyond.

Sounds nice!
...You should give the ability to just throw them too, for the fun of it, since they're said to have lots of energy. Have them float a while before coming to a stop, then BIG explosion! Since these aren't exactly fun materials to farm loads of, anyway.

Although what will you do in the case that the devs decide to remove Throwing? There have been suggestions that they didn't like how it turned out and want to undo the addition of Throwing as a damage type in 1.3.6 or beyond.
Im pretty sure there have also been talks of tModLoader making throwing remain a damage type as a base feature if you play modded, so I dont think I'll have to worry too much. On the topic of the nova fragments- they will be used to craft 2 weapons (just like the vanilla fragments) as well as post ML stuff, so maybe one of the weps could be like the one you suggested `:D

Just wanted to say that I absolutely love this mod. Best part is definately the Mystic Class, with 3 different unique ways to use a weapon.
The best mod i've ever played, good luck on your development.

Hi. New to this forum.

Just wanted to tell you that my game often crashes. Sometimes everything works fine, sometimes not, but it always happens when I select a Mystic item. Even after I disabled all other mods.

EDIT: Okay, as it turned out it only crashes once after reloading mods. I set up an extra world with a chest which contains a Mystic item so I can intentionally crash my game, then I can continue playing normally.

Last edited:
Hi. New to this forum.

Just wanted to tell you that my game often crashes. Sometimes everything works fine, sometimes not, but it always happens when I select a Mystic item. Even after I disabled all other mods.

EDIT: Okay, as it turned out it only crashes once after reloading mods. I set up an extra world with a chest which contains a Mystic item so I can intentionally crash my game, then I can continue playing normally.
In general, I reccommend not reloading mods, but just exiting the game and re-opening it to load them from scratch. Lots of mods seem to have issues with reloading.

Back
Top Bottom