tModLoader The Enigma Mod

Two things:

One: love the mod, and thought you'd like knowing that aside from a few minor issues with Ragnar, the mod is very stable in multiplayer. (However, there's a good chance that the issue in question was server/clientside and not modside.)

Two: thank you for creating the wonderfully agonizing earworm that is the Obsidium biome theme. By agonizing, I mean I realized half an hour after I found the YouTube video that I didn't even have it on loop and it was just playing in my head.

he bosses are fantastic, especially the dune shark and the train, except ragnar, hypothema and the twins ... they are ... strange heads that fly and don't make much sense ... and the armor is not very attractive except the jungle hood.

One other question, about how much longer until the mod browser version of the mod is updated to the newest version?

It is totally possible! However, I will probably add a second Soul Stone, something like a Soul Crystal, that does it for modded bosses so that Soul Stone isn't too overpowered. Having all the bonuses in seperate accessories will make it less op, I think. Maybe even a Soul Stone for every mod! Like a Calamity Stone, an Enigma Stone for the Enigma bosses, a Thorium Stone, etc. I would need help from the mod creators themselves though.

Hey mate, how can we get the Blade of holy light and the bow of the star hunter?

@Laugic I Have a Strange Error Any Idea for a Solution :D

1592403555210.png

Last edited:
Can I suggest full support for Boss Checklist? Its kinda annoying me that every time I look at the short checklist the bosses from Enigma are there, but when I look at the complete log they aren't.

except ragnar, hypothema and the twins
The twins are a vanilla boss...
It is totally possible! However, I will probably add a second Soul Stone, something like a Soul Crystal, that does it for modded bosses so that Soul Stone isn't too overpowered. Having all the bonuses in seperate accessories will make it less op, I think. Maybe even a Soul Stone for every mod! Like a Calamity Stone, an Enigma Stone for the Enigma bosses, a Thorium Stone, etc. I would need help from the mod creators themselves though.
and then make a tinker to combine them all MwAhhaaAhaAhhaAHAH!!!
despite the bosses being hard
You can say that again. Sharko's feeling like a Post-Skeletron boss. Good to hear they're getting reworked!
strange heads that fly and don't make much sense
50% of vanilla's bosses are heads. Also terraria is not meant to make sense

Last edited:
Sad to see that The obsidian Biome still crashes worldgen if Calamitymod is enabled even after all this time.... Doesn't look like I'll ever get to play this :(

strange heads that fly and don't make much sense
Have you even played terraria before? Half the bosses in this game are flying heads, even more in mods.

Will there be any upgrades to the mystic class for the etherial? I feel like with the gear currently some of the etherial bosses are insanely hard, unless i just suck which might be a possibility

Have you even played terraria before? Half the bosses in this game are flying heads, even more in mods.
and in calamity, half the bosses are eater of worlds reskins + duke fishron rehashes

anyways, it'd be cool to see this mod make a comeback the same way that Spirit recently had with its massive pre-HM update. i love the steampunk aesthetic items!

glad to see someone who agrees lol

Anyway, they are doing a sequel rn, Enigma New Dawn (the discord has the latest news on it, and that news is EPIC)
1: Would explain why I hadn't heard of it since Laugic has been gone from the forums since early this year
2: This mod I felt was do a remake simply due to how unbalanced it is

1: Would explain why I hadn't heard of it since Laugic has been gone from the forums since early this year
They are also doing a lot of new stuff (like a randomly generated rougelike temple), remaking the Potion Crystal system so that it actually makes sense, and I managed to convince Laugic to nerf Obsidium armour :D

Most of the news about Enigmas development takes place in the discord. We kinda just, talk about the development casually and stuff there.
I entirely agree with you about current Enigma's balance, it's all over the place and quite frankly-- bad. The mod had good ideas, but they were most of the time poorly executed.
New Dawn will be like day and night compared to current Enigma.

Most of the news about Enigmas development takes place in the discord. We kinda just, talk about the development casually and stuff there.
True, I try to do this but it ends up just being me spitting ideas like a gumball machine and getting no real responses from my "team" (that more or less doesn't exist most of the time); I end up adding the items anyways because I think they'd be fun and I know I'm not going to get much feedback on them.

I entirely agree with you about current Enigma's balance, it's all over the place and quite frankly-- bad. The mod had good ideas, but they were most of the time poorly executed.
Bysmal Boosts, pre-moonlord, enough said. These make even Calamity's postmoonlord mobility options look weak by comparison.

New Dawn will be like day and night compared to current Enigma.
And yet another mod aims to enter the so-called "New Age of Terraria modding"
I'm technically already there, but I guess it doesn't matter when no one is taking your work seriously, your passed off as a meme mod, and your left with bad sprites.

Sorry for making it about me it's just something happened last night that really ticked me off.

Incredible mod! You already know this, but i just can't wait for 1.0 to finally release and for new dawn to be a known thing, this all has so much potential, and i'm gonna be here all i can to support it!
Mystic class is a total bless, even if it at first glance it just looks like mage with 3 mana types, bosses, though not the best, have all potential, and their new reworks on beta are great!
It's really a good mod, and i can't wait to see it lift off finally with 1.0 and New Dawn

Been playing this mod, I like it so far, I've gotten up to AnDio so far, and the only boss I didn't really like was dune sharkron. The other three were fine though, although dune sharkron and hypothema feel like they deal a bit too much damage considering the point you're meant to fight them. Ragnar on the other hand is kinda weak and needs to do a little more damage. Just my opinion though.

The soul stone mechanic and timestop are pretty neat too.

This is either my favorite or second favorite Terraria mod. Out of all the large content mods, this one has the most unique mechanics and boss designs. 10/10 I love you.

Back
Top Bottom