NPCs & Enemies The Explorer (Trading NPC)

if we were to restrict this more towards biome alternate GEAR i'd totally support it. it would be very helpful for getting accessories from one world (crimson/corruption) within the same world, but at an inflated price. alternately, we could always make this a quest giver npc. complete a quest, get a random item, occasionally from a biome that is not present in your world natively. small chance to get stuff like the starband, as someone mentioned before.

all in all, i definitely like your idea, but i offer the suggestion, try to restrict just how "giving" it is because it can cheapen the grandeur of having alternate biomes/materials.

if we were to restrict this more towards biome alternate GEAR i'd totally support it. it would be very helpful for getting accessories from one world (crimson/corruption) within the same world, but at an inflated price. alternately, we could always make this a quest giver npc. complete a quest, get a random item, occasionally from a biome that is not present in your world natively. small chance to get stuff like the starband, as someone mentioned before.

all in all, i definitely like your idea, but i offer the suggestion, try to restrict just how "giving" it is because it can cheapen the grandeur of having alternate biomes/materials.
I'm not sure I agree that being able to obtain the alt materials lessens the impact of being able to find them in a different world.

For me at least, the real impact of the alt biomes is actually BEING there and experiencing the place. Hearing the music, seeing the enemies and the bleak colors. Aesthetically, you can't define a biome merely by the materials you can obtain therein. Just because I can obtain Crimtane through the Explorer, for instance, doesn't mean I won't care to visit the Crimson (or later on, purposely introduce a patch of crimson in my corruption world).

Biomes aren't meant to simply be explored and plundered. They're an atmosphere, and I love how Terraria pulls it off.

I'm not sure I agree that being able to obtain the alt materials lessens the impact of being able to find them in a different world.

For me at least, the real impact of the alt biomes is actually BEING there and experiencing the place. Hearing the music, seeing the enemies and the bleak colors. Aesthetically, you can't define a biome merely by the materials you can obtain therein. Just because I can obtain Crimtane through the Explorer, for instance, doesn't mean I won't care to visit the Crimson (or later on, purposely introduce a patch of crimson in my corruption world).

Biomes aren't meant to simply be explored and plundered. They're an atmosphere, and I love how Terraria pulls it off.
that's sort of what i mean, i'd honestly prefer to go and visit a world with the alternate biomes and enjoy and appreciate them rather than have the trader simply give me everything from it. it also gives a purpose to why we are visiting. purely my opinion though :)

Wouldn't work. Blacksmith can only forge weapons together that are of a similar type.

Although, that still means you could do stuff like forge a Sniper Rifle with Vortex Beater stats...
What about giving the Terra Blade the stats of the Fetid Baghnakhs...

I really like this idea, especially the Blacksmith functionality. I'd love to have the power of a weapon like Meowmere or Star Wrath while keeping the iconic look of the Terra Blade for example.

Back
Top Bottom