Biomes & Nature The Famine

King Victor

Skeletron Prime
famine24.png

(Note)
Okay, so here's the deal. I made this concept for an evil alt up a long time ago when I was really invested into the forums, and I never got around to finishing it. So for the heck of it, I'm posting what I did do, so it's heavily undone, but I still would like to see people's reaction to the general concept.
Anyway, on to the biome!
The Famine is an alt biome for the Corruption/Crimson. It's main theme (which you probably already guessed) is starvation/famine. It was originally going to be called, "The Famish" but that didn't make much sense. It's color base would be mostly grey, and very foggy. All the creatures would be either starving or dead. With most of their bones sticking out.

Anyway, I have a few sprites I made along time ago to help you get the idea of the biome. (I know they're terrible. Don't judge please.)

(Concept Music)

Mobs
Names:Information:Drops:Images:
Drainer/Drainers​
A flying leech creature which follows the 'Brain Suckler's' AI. When attached to the player, The Drainer damages the player by one heart every second attached. Drainers have 30 health and no defense.​
Venemous Herb.png

33%​
3lkdfn.gif
Starved One/Starved Ones​
An ancient race of humans that slowly adapted to their hostile environment. Follows the 'Skeleton' AI. 30 damage with 5 defense. Will sometimes spawn with swords, causing them to deal 10+ Damage.​
Sword.png

10%​
biome mob.png
Forsaken/Forsakens​
Once hunting dogs whom lost their owners in the famine, these ferocious creatures will stop at nothing to get their next meal. Uses 'Wolf' AI. Deals 15 damage with 15 defense. They will often hunt in packs.​
index.php

5%​
Forsaken.png
Forgotten Soul/Forgotten Souls​
Forgotten souls, not even fit for the afterlife, roam the Famine restlessly. Follows Wraith AI. Deals 5 damage, with 5 defense.​
N/A​
Phantom.png

Drops
Names:Information:Images:
Fermented Blood​
A green substance which was once blood. Used to make the 'First Meal' among other things​
Venemous Herb.png
Sword of the Forgotten One​
A sword once used by other humans. Deals 20 damage, with 5% critical strike chance, 5% knockback, and 20 use time (fast).​
Sword.png
Fang of Poison​
An accessory that instantly inflicts the 'Poison' debuff to enemies who hurt the player.​
Venom Tooth.png
Bone Core​
A crafting materiel used to make the 'First Meal' among other things.​
biome fragment 2.png
The First Meal​
As gross as this meal is, it's the first one made in the Famine for centuries. Used to summon the Windigo.​
the first meal.png

Nature
Names:Information:Images:
Famine Grass​
The grass of the Famine.​
Biome Suggestion grass.png
Greystone​
The stone of the Famine.​
Biome Suggestion stone.png
Dead Tree​
The tree of the Famine.​
Biome tree.png
Forgotten Orb​
The orb of the Famine.​
3ld9a1.gif
Bile Ore​
The ore of the Famine.​
biome ore block form.png
Biome ore.png

Biome suggestion landscape.png

The underground portion, and a bit of the surface.

The boss of the Famine:
The Windigo​
The Windigo would look pretty much like it does in pictures (look it up on google images). Summoned by an item known as 'The First Meal', or when 3 orbs are destroyed. When summoned, he would turn his head towards the sky and scream: shaking the screen. He would be around the same size as the Brain of Cthulhu, with four stick legs and sunken green eyes, and a starved look in it's face. It's tongue would latch onto the player, pulling them towards himself. The tongue would work like the Moon Lord's tongue, except it would pull the player towards itself instead of pulling itself towards the player. The Windigo would remain at the surface of the biome no matter where summoned. It would do mostly charging attacks, and stomping. Occasionally swinging its arms like flails at the player. It's second stage would be the same, except he would go faster, and fire spirits out of his mouth that would behave like Dungeon Spirits. He would drop Bile Ore, and other stuff.

biome boss.png

The Windigo.

I'm afraid that's all I remember from my idea I had, I'm sorry I left out so much. Things including: stats, enemies, sprites, items, and nature to list a few. As I said, I wanted to post this solely for fun. Although I would enjoy discussion about the biome, like whether it would be able to work once so ever.​

Attachments

• biome ore bar.png
    biome ore bar.png
    416 bytes · Views: 159
  • Venom Tooth.png
    Venom Tooth.png
    265 bytes · Views: 434
  • Venemous Herb.png
    Venemous Herb.png
    371 bytes · Views: 90
  • The Famine.png
    The Famine.png
    8 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:
The idea could be good if expanded upon, but frankly, there needs to be some better sprites and more ideas. What about weapons and hardmode enemies?

The idea could be good if expanded upon, but frankly, there needs to be some better sprites and more ideas. What about weapons and hardmode enemies?
I'm currently working on it. As for the sprites, unless I find someone else to do them, that's the best I can do.

Even if you aren't the literal best artist in the world the images are nonetheless extremely helpful and make communication much easier, so good on you!
I like the idea too! Though I will say the Brain Suckler's AI is a bit too advanced for Pre-Hardmode
If you don't mind I could try my hand at respritng some stuff, just some basic recolors with artistic liberty.

Even if you aren't the literal best artist in the world the images are nonetheless extremely helpful and make communication much easier, so good on you!
I like the idea too! Though I will say the Brain Suckler's AI is a bit too advanced for Pre-Hardmode
If you don't mind I could try my hand at respritng some stuff, just some basic recolors with artistic liberty.
Sure. If you want to resprite something, be my guest.

Back
Top Bottom