Do you like the idea?

• Yes, i like it!

Votes: 45 100.0%
  • No, i dont like this idea!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

YumoS

Headless Horseman
I want to share my idea with the new Forums too.
Farming is a big part of the game for me. I brew many potions and i need many ingredients for it. This part of the game is not so enhanced and i think there are some stuff which is important and fill the gap in "farming".

So i think we need a NPC that has the typical appearrence of a Farmer. With some good old fashion Farmer quotes and looking.

I present you Farmer Jenkins! :D
farmer-sprite-png.109569
farmer-sprite-png.109569
farmer-sprite-png.109569
farmer-sprite-png.109569
farmer-sprite-png.109569
farmer-sprite-png.109569
farmer-sprite-png.109569

blue pants with braces, a checkered shirt and a straw hat.

He sells Potatoes which gives the well fed buff.

Sells Corn seeds which you can plant and yield Corn. Can turn it into popcorn on campfire and get a bonus buff named Happines which gives a little shine effect and decreases spawn rate of monsters and increases spawn rate of critters.

Sells Hoe and Water Cane.

Hoe: Increases planting speed. you dont have to put every seed 1 by 1 (with auto planting).
Watering Can: Increases the growing speed of the herb.
cane-png.109573
cane-png.109573
cane-png.109573
cane-png.109573

Fertilizer: Crafted with Silt, Mud, Clay. increases the growing speed for a long time and gives a chance to drop more than 1 herb.
fertilizer-png.109572
fertilizer-png.109572
fertilizer-png.109572
fertilizer-png.109572

Farmer Costume: Can be crafted or obtained by an event. Straw hat (250 hay blocks) and checkered shirt( red and white yarn x20) with blue pants( blue dye and 30 silk). Increases planting speed and plants grow faster in your presence.

Farmland: a ground which is crafted with a plow or hoe. different soils can grow different herbs.
like mudsoil= moonglow
ashsoil= fireblossom.
sandsoil= waterleaf

Other Names: Walter, Steve, Ol´mcdonalds?, Hans(lol)
Quotes:
"I feel good from my head tomatoes."
"Farming is a tough job, but I get a good celery."
"When I want to have a garden party, I say lettuce turnip the beat."
"(Farmer's Name) had a farm, E I E I O."
"(Dryad's Name) isn't the only person around here with a green thumb." Only if Dryad is present.
"I used to be a comedian, but I failed because all of my jokes were corny."
"Do you love my food puns, because olive my food puns."
Thx to Walrusking! :D

If you have some cool quotes for the farmer let me know and what you are thinking about my idea. if you like the idea pls support!
output_U1PgWv.gif
Thanks mate!

Last edited:
As someone who does a LOT of farming, adding in a bunch more farming items and an NPC for farming would be really awesome.
Also, in order to make him appear you have to have 5 different kinds of plantables on you or something like that.

As someone who does a LOT of farming, adding in a bunch more farming items and an NPC for farming would be really awesome.
Also, in order to make him appear you have to have 5 different kinds of plantables on you or something like that.
Yes, that is a good idea.
Thank you for your support! :D

Not a bad idea. He should totally sell seeds if he's in the environment of where that plant blooms, but only once you have collected that plant

I.E sells deathweed seeds during blood moon if you've harvested it before

Perhaps to add some originality to the boosts it gives aside of reduced growth time, fertilized herbs could have a %chance of yielding more herbs

"(Dryad's Name) isn't the only person around here with a green thumb." Only if Dryad is present.

These are some quotes I thought of for your farmer npc, I hope you like them!

These are some quotes I thought of for your farmer npc, I hope you like them!
Really funny. Thanks for your work. I will add them.

I don't like Starbound in its current state, but the one thing I did like in that game was the multitude of plants you could grow.
I wouldn't mind seeing more plants in Terraria. Specific food plants, growable on specific patches of land which have been turned into farmland with the hoe.
I'd also like to see a way of making trees grow faster.

So yeah, I support Farmer Jenkins, but I think you should go a lot further with this.

Yeah! It's nice and simple, but fits well. Remember: all npcs have a list of multiple names they can have. So he would have to have other names as well as Jenkins. Quite a nice sprite as well.

Nice! I thought it'd just be something the dryad could do, but I was wrong. Another name he could have- Ol' McDonald.

You have my support. Very neat idea! I'd suggest adding names to your NPC, like Nicholas, or Joel or something.

Btw, please add tomatoes.Because I freaking love tomatoes, okay?

Also add popcorn which should replenish your health and gives you regeneration but you have the water bubbles and you need to get in water or you get down to 1 health

Back
Top Bottom