Weapons & Equip The Final Suit of Armor

I want it that you can combine the four final suits of armor, Nebula, Solar, Stardust, and Vortex, with one full stack of luminite ingots to create the Black Hole armor. Each piece would give 50 armor points for a total of 150, and each would increase max mana by 30, minions by 5, sentries by 5, speed by 50% (for roughly 60mph running without boosts when all equipped), regeneration by 100%, and attack damage by 50%. The set bonus would be infinite flight at the same speed as the Starboard. This set of armor would be completely OP, balanced by having to have obtained almost a stack and a half total of luminite. IOW, you are either already able to farm the Moon Lord or are in Journey where you can access God Mode. If you think it needs to be more expensive, then making it also cost the Ninja and Valhalla Knight Armor sets would work.
The main reason I want this is so I can infinitely fly without having to sacrifice two slots of my accessories but still be able to have a super fast land mount.

I want it that you can combine the four final suits of armor, Nebula, Solar, Stardust, and Vortex, with one full stack of luminite ingots to create the Black Hole armor.

I feel like "lunar commander" or "celestial paragon" would be better names then black hole, because that's essentially what vortex means.

with one full stack of luminite ingots to create the Black Hole armor.

No. Getting almost 30 thousand luminite bars is far into the realm of not worth it. If you want the armor to be insanely hard to get, simply needing tens of thousands of bars isn't a good way to do it.

Each piece would give 50 armor points for a total of 150, and each would increase max mana by 30, minions by 5, sentries by 5, speed by 50% (for roughly 60mph running without boosts when all equipped), regeneration by 100%, and attack damage by 50%.

Strangely enough, the defense value of the set almost seems balanced, it just needs to be lowered slightly, and distributed less evenly. 32/56/44 seems like it would be more appropriate.

As for max mana, surprising, too low. Each piece should increase max mana by 67, so it reaches the maximum of 400 mana, and have each piece provide 15% mana cost reduction.

The minion/sentry limit increase, on the other hand, is way too high, it should be 3/4/3 for summons and 1/2/1 for sentries.

What does "increases regeneration by 100% even mean?

Increasing attack damage by a total of 150% is again, extreme and should be closer to 15-25% increase for all damage types.

The set bonus would be infinite flight at the same speed as the Starboard.

Why would you make an armor set bonus in which the entire point of it is to nullify an already existing accessory? A better set bonus would be, at the risk of soundly unoriginal, simply combining all of the other set bonuses, with the nebula side being pretty much back to the way it was pre-1.4.

This set of armor would be completely OP, balanced by having to have obtained almost a stack and a half total of luminite.

Balancing something around being difficult to get is, as many have said about other "op" suggestions", not good balancing.

IOW, you are either already able to farm the Moon Lord or are in Journey where you can access God Mode.

What does "iow" mean?

I think you're underestimating just how insane the grind would be.

According to the wiki, you get about 17-25 (21-27 in expert mode) for every moon lord defeat. So assuming that 21 (24) is the average per defeat, you would need to beat moon lord 1,428 times or 1,250 times on expert mode. With a manual summoning time of 12 seconds, that's 17,136 seconds or 15,000 seconds, both of which are more then 4 hours for the summoning period alone.

Then there's the actual fight. If you aren't approaching this with a zenith, 5 minutes seems like an appropriate time frame, if a little on the long side. The actual moon lord fight would take 7,140 minutes or 119 hours on normal mode, and 6,250 minutes or 104 hours on expert mode. It would take you 3-4 days of 24/7 grinding to get that much luminite. And that's assuming you actually win every fight.

If you think it needs to be more expensive, then making it also cost the Ninja and Valhalla Knight Armor sets would work.

Compared to the luminite cost, getting either of these armors is trivial. Also, why would a pre-hardmode armor even need to be involved? Valhalla I kind of get, but ninja armor has no place here.

The main reason I want this is so I can infinitely fly without having to sacrifice two slots of my accessories but still be able to have a super fast land mount.

What is with the soaring insignia that people seem to hate it so much? It's a perfectly fine expert exclusive accessory.

To me, the final armor set would be:
  • Familiar Shirt
  • Familiar Pants
  • Familiar Wig
If the player is of drinking age this outfit would be complemented by a nice, cold can of IPA — which would grant extreme leaping ability. Why? Because IPA is so hoppy.

… Sorry, I'll get me coat.

I feel like "lunar commander" or "celestial paragon" would be better names then black hole, because that's essentially what vortex means.

No. Getting almost 30 thousand luminite bars is far into the realm of not worth it. If you want the armor to be insanely hard to get, simply needing tens of thousands of bars isn't a good way to do it.

Strangely enough, the defense value of the set almost seems balanced, it just needs to be lowered slightly, and distributed less evenly. 32/56/44 seems like it would be more appropriate.

As for max mana, surprising, too low. Each piece should increase max mana by 67, so it reaches the maximum of 400 mana, and have each piece provide 15% mana cost reduction.

The minion/sentry limit increase, on the other hand, is way too high, it should be 3/4/3 for summons and 1/2/1 for sentries.

What does "increases regeneration by 100% even mean?

Increasing attack damage by a total of 150% is again, extreme and should be closer to 15-25% increase for all damage types.

Why would you make an armor set bonus in which the entire point of it is to nullify an already existing accessory? A better set bonus would be, at the risk of soundly unoriginal, simply combining all of the other set bonuses, with the nebula side being pretty much back to the way it was pre-1.4.

Balancing something around being difficult to get is, as many have said about other "op" suggestions", not good balancing.

What does "iow" mean?

I think you're underestimating just how insane the grind would be.

According to the wiki, you get about 17-25 (21-27 in expert mode) for every moon lord defeat. So assuming that 21 (24) is the average per defeat, you would need to beat moon lord 1,428 times or 1,250 times on expert mode. With a manual summoning time of 12 seconds, that's 17,136 seconds or 15,000 seconds, both of which are more then 4 hours for the summoning period alone.

Then there's the actual fight. If you aren't approaching this with a zenith, 5 minutes seems like an appropriate time frame, if a little on the long side. The actual moon lord fight would take 7,140 minutes or 119 hours on normal mode, and 6,250 minutes or 104 hours on expert mode. It would take you 3-4 days of 24/7 grinding to get that much luminite. And that's assuming you actually win every fight.

Compared to the luminite cost, getting either of these armors is trivial. Also, why would a pre-hardmode armor even need to be involved? Valhalla I kind of get, but ninja armor has no place here.

What is with the soaring insignia that people seem to hate it so much? It's a perfectly fine expert exclusive accessory.
I wanted to include the Ninja armor because my OG character is a ninja.
IOW is the acronym for In Other Words.
I think the names you suggested are cool, but I would like to clarify that Vortex is NOT the same as Black Hole. Vortex is a spiraling column of fluid; black hole is a point in space that has such strong gravity that nothing can escape.
I completely understand where you are coming from: this armor is totally crazy.

The problem is that the Souring Insignia has little not no use unless paired with a set of wings. This forces two slots of your accessories to contribute a max of 8 defense if both are set to warding. This lack of possible contributions is somewhat demeaning to an otherwise awesome accessory. I have actually suggested combining it with the Magiluminesence.

I wanted to include the Ninja armor because my OG character is a ninja.
IOW is the acronym for In Other Words.
I think the names you suggested are cool, but I would like to clarify that Vortex is NOT the same as Black Hole. Vortex is a spiraling column of fluid; black hole is a point in space that has such strong gravity that nothing can escape.
I completely understand where you are coming from: this armor is totally crazy.
Another reason for including the Ninja Armor is that, like the Zenith, the final suit should contain one of the most basic sets of its type.

The problem is that the Souring Insignia has little not no use unless paired with a set of wings.This forces two slots of your accessories to contribute a max of 8 defense if both are set to warding.

And what's the problem with that? Wings are one of the most useful accessories in the game, if not the most useful. And soaring insignia makes them even more useful.

This lack of possible contributions is somewhat demeaning to an otherwise awesome accessory.

It's an "otherwise awesome accessory" and yet you want to render it virtually useless, even if it's with an armor set that would take literal days to get?

I have actually suggested combining it with the Magiluminesence.

Magiluminesence on it's own is a solid accessory, even if not truly invaluable like Wings, it doesn't need a tinker with soaring insignia.

It seems like people either hate the soaring insignia because it's too powerful, or not powerful enough.

Magiluminesence on it's own is a solid accessory,
I am lead to believe you may not know what Magiluminesensce is. I have tested, and the amount it increases speed and acceleration is actually so small neither the Goblin Tech nor Cell Phone register it. And the light produced is virtually nonexistent. That is why I suggested combining it with the Souring Insignia: it could increase movement speed by a total of 4 mph instead of 2, make the acceleration noticeable, and produce maybe as much light as a Shadow Orb. Ultimately make both accessories stronger.

I am lead to believe you may not know what Magiluminesensce is. I have tested, and the amount it increases speed and acceleration is actually so small neither the Goblin Tech nor Cell Phone register it. And the light produced is virtually nonexistent. That is why I suggested combining it with the Souring Insignia: it could increase movement speed by a total of 4 mph instead of 2, make the acceleration noticeable, and produce maybe as much light as a Shadow Orb. Ultimately make both accessories stronger.

Magiluminesence increases movement speed by an incredible amount, along with the fact that it stacks with Hermes boots and it's tinkers instead of being virtually negated by them, so I have absolutely no idea where THAT came from. It can increase terrasparks running speed from 34 mph to 41 mph, which is higher then all but 1 (2 if you count fishrons speed boost) infinite flight mounts.

I  do play mobile, although admittedly not as much as PC or console, but I don't what that has to do with anything
I did some more testing, and the Magiluminescence does in fact increase speed, though only about 4 mph rather than the 7 you described. I think my error was that I did it while wearing a Celestial Shell that boosts all stats, but doesn't stack with the ML. I THINK.
I also determined that no accessory affects ridable mounts, which makes sense, but it would be awesome if they could.
Another thing I would like to mention is that the armor would allow flight at 60 mph; Betsy Wings and all four pillar wings allow flight at 63 mph, without boosts, and the Rainbow Starboard as well as the Flying Dutchman mount allow flight at 83 mph. The reindeer mount also allows, temporary, flight at 60 mph. This to say that there would still be faster ways to fly with wings than the armor. Perhaps the armor flight could be reduced to 44 so its the same as the Witch's Broom mount.

Back
Top Bottom