Weapons & Equip The Finer Details of 1.3.1: Wiring Device Obtainability and Recipes

Fortanono 🌳

Retinazer
So, everyone's talking about 1.3.1. And so I thought, I'm not much of a wiring freak, so why not focus on something that I'm more interested in? That being, of course, the recipes! So let's begin! Because to me, "sold by the Mechanic" isn't the most creative way to obtain a wiring item. Sometimes it works, but I think that as long as the recipes involve Wire, it'll be fine.

LOGIC GATES

So, I don't know how exactly these will function, but here's what I was thinking for recipes! That is, if they're individual blocks.

Thread

First off, a way of determining the color of the logic gate, or rather, what it works with. And since Dyes are too mainstream, let's use Thread!
  • Red Thread: Sold by the Clothier for 10 Silver (also lowering the prices of the other threads), used to craft Baseballs and Red Logic Gates.
  • Blue Thread: Crafted with 1 Mushroom Grass Seed (also lowering the cost for Green Thread), used to craft a new variant of Stucco (Blue Stucco) and Blue Logic Gates. For console and mobile players, add Green Thread, not for Hero's Clothes, but for the Green Stucco and the Green logic gates.
  • Green Thread: Now used to craft Green Logic Gates. Crafted only with 1 Seed now.
  • Pink Thread: Price lowered to 10 Silver. Used to craft Pink Logic Gates.
  • Black Thread: Slightly higher cost than the other two sold threads, at 25 Silver. This is because it is used to make "Universal" gates connecting 1 color to the other. Besides, tuxedos are classy! :p
The Logic Gates Themselves

So, a few crafting recipes for the logic gates now that that's out of the way. All of these are crafted at an Anvil.
  • Connector: Black Thread only. Does not affect connection between colors, but it does allow the transfer of power through two different colors. Crafted with 5 Wire, 2 Copper or Tin Bars, and 1 Black Thread.
  • NOT Gate: Crafted with 5 Wire, 2 Copper of Tin Bars, and 1 Thread color of your choice.
  • AND Gate: Crafted with 2 NOT Gates of the same color.
  • NAND Gate: Crafted with an AND Gate and a NOT Gate, each of the same color.
  • OR Gate: Same crafting recipe as the NAND Gate, but makes 2.
  • NOR Gate: Crafted with an OR Gate and a NOT Gate, each of the same color.
  • XOR Gate: Crafted with 2 OR Gates of the same color.
  • XNOR Gate: Crafted with a XOR Gate and a NOT Gate, each of the same color.
RAINBOW (HALLOWED) WRENCH

Sold by the Mechanic when she is living in the Hallow. I know about what I said earlier, but she sells the rest of the Wrenches, so to me, it fits. And at least I added something to it. And IMO, it could be the Hallowed Wrench, and if Re-Logic hasn't sprited it yet, I thought it could be yellow with a gem in the middle indicating what color it is on. Example sprites:
Hallowed Wrench.png
Green Hallowed Wrench.png
Blue Hallowed Wrench.png
Pink Hallowed Wrench.png

Nothing else just yet, but keep your eyes peeled!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom